I485 filers - DO atlanta

Today has been a GREAT day!

I started at my job as a photographer. Lots of things to learn but very very exciting! :D

Also I got:

1 LUD on my I-130 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-485 (Notice Welcoming New Resident Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-765 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

And guess what?! ;) when I checked my MailBox... I received my EAD Card! :D :D

Weird thing huh!? I guess that Infopass REALLY helped! Since the lady put my file on top of the Q!

But about the EAD, it was actually Mailed to me on the 17th (same day of my infopass). So, they took a bit to update their system I guess.

Anyways, celebrate with me!

Tomorrow, I am going to the SSA again and hopefully get my SSN this time!

Whad'ya know? It worked!

So, I had my InfoPass today...

At first, I was really disappointed. The only good thing was that it didn't take long at all. I was out of there before 9:50 and my appointment was at 10:00. :eek:

I guess it really depends on whom you talk to. The lady I met with, well, she wasn't mean, but she wasn't too nice either. She just took my passport, checked something on her computer, went somewhere for a couple of minutes, came back and said "the system hasn't been fully updated with your case yet, so we'll have to pull your file and do it." Err, what? :confused: What does that even mean? She didn't pull my file there on the spot, so I was kinda disappointed, but what could I do? She said "you have your stamp and you should be getting something before it expires." Oh well, more waiting, eh? :rolleyes:

But, I just got back from lunch and guess what I found in my e-mail box!? Yep, "Card production ordered." :D

I guess it really worked after all! I hope I will be getting my card really soon.

I know that she most likely won't ever read this, but I thank the lady for taking care of my case and apologize for doubting her! :D

That's all for now, folks. I'll keep you posted.

So, I had my InfoPass today...

At first, I was really disappointed. The only good thing was that it didn't take long at all. I was out of there before 9:50 and my appointment was at 10:00. :eek:

I guess it really depends on whom you talk to. The lady I met with, well, she wasn't mean, but she wasn't too nice either. She just took my passport, checked something on her computer, went somewhere for a couple of minutes, came back and said "the system hasn't been fully updated with your case yet, so we'll have to pull your file and do it." Err, what? :confused: What does that even mean? She didn't pull my file there on the spot, so I was kinda disappointed, but what could I do? She said "you have your stamp and you should be getting something before it expires." Oh well, more waiting, eh? :rolleyes:

But, I just got back from lunch and guess what I found in my e-mail box!? Yep, "Card production ordered." :D

I guess it really worked after all! I hope I will be getting my card really soon.

I know that she most likely won't ever read this, but I thank the lady for taking care of my case and apologize for doubting her! :D

That's all for now, folks. I'll keep you posted.

Yeah, I know. I called the lady and told her to pull your file and get things moving! :D

ps: so you did not get the "welcome notice mailed" email first? went straight for the "Card production"? I got my card production email yesterday :D

Yeah, I know. I called the lady and told her to pull your file and get things moving! :D

Thanks! Appreciate it! ;) :D

ps: so you did not get the "welcome notice mailed" email first? went straight for the "Card production"? I got my card production email yesterday :D

Nope, no "Welcome notice mailed." Just the "Card production ordered." I also got LUDs on both I-485 and I-130, even though the lady said that since my application was already at the local office I wasn't going to be getting any more LUDs. :confused: I thought that was strange what she said, but oh well...

Two more emails and LUDs today!

I just got two more emails and LUDs today:

"Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." on my I-485 and "Approval notice sent." on my wife's I-130. In this order, so, I guess, the order doesn't matter much to the USCIS (I got my "Card production ordered." email yesterday).

Man, I can't wait to be able to hold my GC in my hands. :D

I just got two more emails and LUDs today:

"Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident." on my I-485 and "Approval notice sent." on my wife's I-130. In this order, so, I guess, the order doesn't matter much to the USCIS (I got my "Card production ordered." email yesterday).

Man, I can't wait to be able to hold my GC in my hands. :D

I am glad it started moving for you :) remember when we "met"? haha... you were the first person on the forum I PMed... :rolleyes: