I-751 Filers - Oct 07 may share their cases

I am new to this thread , i had a question will appreciate if some can please answer it , did you guys who got the removal of conditions removed also go for a second interview ? because as far as I know that immigration does schedule a second interview , kindly advise

they will call for interview, only if they are not convinced abt the marriage in good faith from the evidence produced along with the application...

they dont schedule interviews for all the applicants...only for those that they think wud need additional evidence/ personal proof from interview that their marriage is in good faith and not to evade immi laws....

this is just from my understanding on the info i gathered for my I-751

good luck...

My understanding is that is a random selection regardless of how much evidence you had given to them.

Most of the stories over here had no interview, but you might check out other forums where people had been interview a second time.

Received another "Approval notice sent" e-mail today. Hmm...

2007:
Oct 24: I-751 sent to Texas Service Center (TSC)
Oct 29: received by Texas Service Center (TSC)
Nov 17: Check cashed. WAC number on the check indicates application was transferred to California Service Center (CSC)
Nov 19: first NOA received. Permanent Residency extended for one year.
Dec 10: second NOA received. Biometrics appointment scheduled on 1/2/08.

2008:
Jan 2: Biometrics done.
Jan 3: online LUD updated.
March 19: Received "card production ordered" e-mail. Confirmed online.
March 24: Received "Approval notice sent" e-mail. Confirmed online.

Hi,my conditional green card will expire in 3 months ..i know that i have to send form i-751 but can you tell me what else should include in that (any pictures)?also if i leave the country could my husband send it out without me (of course i would sing it before),and if i don't received anything and my gc expire in meantime while i am waiting for the ins answer what should i do?thank you.

How you long you pretend to be outside the US?
You will eventually need to come back in few weeks since you need to the biometrics.
You will received 2 NOA's: 1 for the extension of a year and 1 for the biometrics appt (same as the first time round). After that, there is a HUGE waiting period.

Focus more on the financial assets and bills like: insurance, titles, mortgages, leases, rents, whatever other thing...bank statements, power bills. Does not matter if everything is not in both names.

Yes, your husband can send the package, just check that the package is complete and there is nothing needed from your part and SIGNED!

Do you have hobbies? Get one or continue working. Your green card can be expired later on and you should be fine, since you will have the extension letter with you and really you don't need that unless you travel. My GC is two weeks old expired and I travel and go everywhere without any problem.

Please make a search around the forum on I-751 cases and you will get a lot of information.

I received my card on 3/28/08. The card has an expiration date of 3/19/2018, meaning the ten-year span starts on the card production date, not on the original expiration date of the conditional card.

2007:
Oct 24: I-751 sent to Texas Service Center (TSC)
Oct 29: received by Texas Service Center (TSC)
Nov 17: Check cashed. WAC number on the check indicates application was transferred to California Service Center (CSC)
Nov 19: first NOA received. Permanent Residency extended for one year.
Dec 10: second NOA received. Biometrics appointment scheduled on 1/2/08.

2008:
Jan 2: Biometrics done.
Jan 3: online LUD updated.
March 19: Received "card production ordered" e-mail.
March 24: Received "Approval notice sent" e-mail.
March 28: Received ten-year card. Expiration: 3/19/2018.

anybody noticed that Vermont is now procesing I-751 cases received Feb 07. Before that (last month) they were procesing cases dated March 07. I guess they are doing this backwards!? no progress....

thank you for the answer...i have one more question after i send out all the papers can i get divorced after my 2 years even thought i am still waiting for the extension?thanks a lot...

I don't understand your question...you can divorce at whatever moment you want and is a personal choice regardless of your immigration status...

i know that i could but if i divorce after 2 years of marriage i guess i have to stay that long so i would be able to extend gc,but if i apply for the gc and while i am waiting can i get divorce and still be able to extend after we sign everything...thanks ....

First, you don't extend the gc, you remove the conditions.

If you divorce you can apply for the removal right after you have your divorce decree is final and you must put enough convincing evidence that you marry was in good faith and not to avoid the immigration laws.

If your time to file for I-751 has come and your spouse is in good terms with you but things just do not work out as you guys expected, then you can file the removal of conditions and both can sign it and then file for divorce and then you must withdraw the previous one and refile a new one with the waiver.

Now if you ALREADY file for divorce, you must wait until the divorce is final and file with the waiver...you should not file as a joint petition.

It does not say anything.
You just noticed a new date on the LUD (Last updated) column that is in your portafolio.
You need to create your portafolio by login in (if you are new, you need to register), you add your case number. And in the column you will see a new "lud". That's it. Is not that you will get an email stating that "on jan 29th you did your biometrics...etc etc".

Thanks Cherr,
I Have Another Question..... Has Anyone Ever Had Their Biometrics Taken On Ink Because The Bio Machine Couldn't Read Their Fingerprints? If So, What Transpired Afterwards? How Long Did It Take To Get Ur Gc For I751 Afterall?

Card is on the way!

Hi guys,
Well, it's been almost 2 months since my husband's biometrics was done (Feb 15). On April 8th, the website confirmed the card production has been ordered and will be here in 30 days:)

A total of 5 months waiting period since sending out 751 application.. not bad!:D

Hi guys,
Well, it's been almost 2 months since my husband's biometrics was done (Feb 15). On April 8th, the website confirmed the card production has been ordered and will be here in 30 days:)

A total of 5 months waiting period since sending out 751 application.. not bad!:D

Congrats!

If you don't mind, may I know which part of CA do you live? LA, OC, SF, or other? Looks like people who live in LA got approved a lot sooner (usually less than 3 months) than others.

Mailed 1751 on October 16
Rcvd by USCIS Vermont Center October 17
Check cashed Oct 24
NOA Rcvd Oct 26
NOA Rcvd Dec 13, BIO Appointment Jan 04
Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 27, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by sbr2007; 27th August 2008 at 04:12 PM.