I-751 Filers - Oct 07 may share their cases

librau

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My 2 conditional Green Card expires by Jan 2008 and I have filed I-751 for removal of Condition on Oct 12th 2007 at Vermont Service Center. It is almost 3 weeks past and my check has not yet been cashed.

Is there any one who filed during Oct and can they share their experiences please.

Mailed 1751 on October 16
Rcvd by USCIS Vermont Center October 17
Check cashed Oct 24
NOA Rcvd Oct 26
NOA Rcvd Dec 13, BIO Appointment Jan 04
Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 27, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sbr2007,

Where did you mail I-751 application? To vermont service center? I have sent it through Priority mail and neither the check encashed not NOA received. What should I do? Should I have to call the service center? I am being nervous.

I mailed it Overnight mail to Vermont Center. I think you should not get nervous and wait to hear form USCIS.

Hi SBR2007,

I realised that I have sent Filing fee as $ 125 which was printed in the pdf instruction form I have. Unfortunately when I looked at the I-751 form in USCIS.GOV, the fee is $465 + 80 (Biometrics). So I guess because of wrong fee, my application must not have been procesed. How to make good? If I send the remaing fee, will USCIS process now? Or should I send another I-751 application with all copies?

Appreciate any suggestions.

librau,
I suggest you call the help line 800 number, should be listed on any previous documents you have from them, and ask them what to do in this case. I don't think you have to send in a whole new package, but you do want them to be aware that the correct $ is coming in, not to discard your app., etc. I know some cities with support centers, or however they're called, you can schedule an InfoPass where you go into the USCIS office in your city and speak to them. I had an issue receiving my GC b/c of USPS problems and I solved it mightly quickly by going in for a scheduled InfoPass. GOOD LUCK!

I-751 received at Texas center on Oct.11,havent received anything as of yet.I sent them a money order,I am going to check the status of the money order on monday and see if it's been cashed.Seems like everyone is getting their NOA right after their checks have been cashed.

I mailed out my husband's I751 on Oct. 6th. It was received at CSC on Oct. 9th. We did not hear anything from them until yesterday. Saw that our entire application was returned to us because we applied 15 days TOO EARLY!! And we received the returned package when we were already 9 days into our 90-day timeframe! :mad: I don't understand why they couldn't hold on to our petition. Now again I went to the post office this morning and resubmitted our petition. They didn't specify if we needed to fill up a whole other I751 but we did it anyway and sent it with the original. So those of you still waiting for a response.. if you applied even a few days early they won't take your application and it may well be on its way back to you. Or they are just taking their sweet time to get things done. Let's see what other roadblocks we will hit...

Timeline:
Court marriage- May 2005
Applied I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 on June 30, 2005
Recd Travel document Aug 5, 2005
Biometrics Aug 27, 2005
Recd EAD Sept 4, 2005 (Was authorized on OPT after grad school till 10/1/05)
Traditional wedding ceremony in India- Dec 2005
AOS interview & passport stamped- Jan 31, 2006
Conditional GC recd- Feb 9, 2006

Applied I751- Oct 6, 2007 (submitted 15 days before 90day timeframe)
Entire package returned on Nov 9, 2007 (asked to resubmit within the correct timeframe)
Resubmitted I751- Nov 10, 2007

I-751 case

hey guys, I sent my package to Nebraska center on 10/26/07 via fedex, and they got my document the following monday. So far I haven't received the NOA, and the check is not being cashed yet... I will keep update my status with you all here. Wish everybody good luck!! No interview;) and waiting time less than 6 months!!!!!!!

I sent my package on oct 29th. They recieved it on Nov 2. Checks have still not been cashed. No notices yet either.

filing I-751 adjust conditional status

To everybody;

I would like to ask your help, I will be adjusting my conditional status next year and I need to apply also for my daughter who were petioned also by my husband. But she came here late do I need to apply my application and hers at the same time.

B1 221 (g) Administrative Processing

Hello,

I was going thru the website and found to be very usefull.....I have appeared for the B1 interview at Mumbai consulate on 5th ......everything went well...and at the last the VO told me the name looks to be common and gave me the yellow slip marking :"If you have been requested to wait until the Consulate contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Consulate will contact you once this has been completed."

I asked VO how much does it realy takes to get the Administrative processing, she told me it will take 2 - 3 weeks....after going thru the views it seems like it takes more than 1 - 3 months.....I have also travelled to Saudi Arabia, the proof or Travell also I have shown to VO and it was convicing evidace....Can you please tell me how to make it faster.....Enclosed mail from US Consulate....Any tracker

Regards,
Irfan
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:12 AM
To: Mohammed Irfan
Subject: RE: VISA Status - B1

We fully empathize with applicants who face unavoidable delays in the processing of their visas but unfortunately your case is still pending. Please be assured that we will contact you directly when we have completed our review.

We cannot give any specific time frame as to when the administrative procedure will be completed.

Mumbai NIV/vd

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:45 PM
To: MUMBAI, N IV
Subject: VISA Status - B1
Hello,

I had an interview yesterday (05-Nov-2007) at US Visa Consulate in Mumbai, Interview went very well. At the last madam at the counter told me that “The Name looks to be in Common Name List and need to put in for Administrative processing” Gave me the yellow slip selecting the following:

If you have been requested to wait until the Consulate contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Consulate will contact you once this has been completed.

Can I know how much time does it really takes for the Administrative Processing? Request you to please reply.
VISA Type: B1
Appointment Date: 05-November-007.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohammed Irfan

October 24: I-751 sent out
October 29: received by Texas Service Center

Check not cashed; no NOA.

Are there any recent filers who sent your docs to the California Service Center? Just curious how long it takes to get the NOA.

Thanks!

Hello again, I check my bank today (11/16/07), they just cashed my check, today is about 20 days after i sent my entire I-751 package. Wish me good luck!!!

Update:

November 17: Check cashed. WAC number on the check indicates application was transferred to California Service Center.
November 19: NOA received. Permanent Residency extended for one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

November 17: Check cashed. WAC number on the check indicates application was transferred to California Service Center.

No NOA yet.

I actually didn't realized my case being transferred to california service center until I saw ur message. Does anyone know if it is good or bad that case being sent to a different service center?:confused: