I-485_Concurrent Filing Forms/Fees for Immediate Family members while in the US

Dream2024

Hello All Forum members

I am very new to this forum and would like to get some help with filing an Adjustment of Status (I-485) for my mom(Widowed) and she is already here in the US.
According to previous posts in this forum, I found that you can file I-485, along with I-131, and I-765 with no cost to pay but when I was going through the USCIS website, I saw there are some changes regarding Adjustment of Status for Immediate family members and concurrent filing process. that is why, I wanted to confirm below concerns before filing the applications:

1. Is the I-485 application fee increased from $1225 to $1440? Is the Biometrics fee included in this fee?
2. Is the I-131 and I-765 application fee charged if filed? What happens if someone doesn't file these forms if they are chargeable? In my case, Mom will be here with me and she will not be able to work (she is very old)
3. Is there anything else that I need to complete as there are things changed in the USCIS from April 1st, 2024?

I would appreciate your input and help regarding these issues,

Thank you all
Dream2024

1. Yes. Yes.
2. Yes, additional fee applicable if filing I-131 and I-765. Nothing happens if those forms are not being filed, the additional fee is not expected or required in that case. If your mom will not be working, you do not need to file an I-765. If she will not be traveling out of the US while the I-485 is pending, you also do not need to file an I-131 in that case also.

1. Yes. Yes.
2. Yes, additional fee applicable if filing I-131 and I-765. Nothing happens if those forms are not being filed, the additional fee is not expected or required in that case. If your mom will not be working, you do not need to file an I-765. If she will not be traveling out of the US while the I-485 is pending, you also do not need to file an I-131 in that case also.
Thank you Sm1smom
This helps me a lot to move forward to apply.
USCIS updated the I-485 form edition version to 04/01/2024 which I did make change. If other forms such as I-131 and I-765 if no need to submit then I will simply ignore them. In case if I-485 process takes longer, I can apply for I-131 later if needed.

Regards
Dream2024

1. Yes. Yes.
Hi Sm1smom

I have another question that raised my mind while filling I-864 (Affidavit of Support) form, In Part 5. Sponsor's Household size (Point number-6): It says, "If you have sponsored any other persons on Form I-864 or Form I-864EZ who are now lawful permanent residents who are combining their income with yours by submitting Form-864A, enter the number here" --------?
For this, I am not sure, because, in the past when my spouse sponsored her parents, I completed I-864A for them even though my spouse had sufficient income to prove it but just in case anything happens so I submitted on my behalf the form I-864A. Now when the above-quoted statement is referred to as I-864 form only. Should I just leave the box empty? or I should add '2'? I am worried if I say zero, they might think I am lying just because I signed a contract as a Household member with the sponsor.
Please provide me some insight into this question's answer.

Thank you
Dream2024

Hi,

My number became current for June, I am planning on sending my application on Apr 22. However, I just noticed that I-485 edition has been updated to 04/01/2024, does that mean that i have to change my current form (edition 02/21/2023)? or am I still good to file with old form ... USCIS guideline states that "04/01/24. Starting June 3, 2024, we will accept only the 04/01/24 edition. Until then, you can also use the 02/21/23 and 12/23/22 editions. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions."

I am worried that since my number is current in June, is there any risk that immigration officer might request updated I-485 form?

Hope to hear from you soon.

best regards,

Hi,

My number became current for June, I am planning on sending my application on Apr 22. However, I just noticed that I-485 edition has been updated to 04/01/2024, does that mean that i have to change my current form (edition 02/21/2023)? or am I still good to file with old form ... USCIS guideline states that "04/01/24. Starting June 3, 2024, we will accept only the 04/01/24 edition. Until then, you can also use the 02/21/23 and 12/23/22 editions. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions."

I am worried that since my number is current in June, is there any risk that immigration officer might request updated I-485 form?

best regards,

How can you know that your priority date is current for June? The visa bulletin for June is not out yet.

Why don't you just use the newest edition of the form to file? If you have already filled answers, just transfer them over to the new form. There are basically no changes in form questions between those editions.

Hi,

best regards,
Plus are you not a DV2024 selectee? Why are you posting on this unrelated thread and not on the DV 2024 AOS thread where you’ve previously posted?