I-485 Tracker

moonsun,
When did you apply?

Mine is still pending for almost over 3 months with no LUD at all.

I decided to go talk to an infopass officer to see why there is no LUD on my case. The officer told me that Nebraska service center requested my alien file from the asylum office 3 months ago but the asylum office has not sent my file yet. I don't know why the asylum office is holding my alien file. The officer said that Nebraska center can not process my I-485 until they receive my alien file from the asylum office.

I don't know how to ask the asylum office to release my alien file and I don't know why they have not sent it to Nebraska.

no not yet i am wating for fp whatz your status

Last edited by a moderator:
@tony: I know LUD is last update. What does LUD show? Does it show like after you are fingerprinted and etc or is it just the date and time only?

@tony: Did you file fee waiver for GC? Also, did u send the application to Phoenix or Dallas lockbox? thanks

my lud just shows january 23. no lud after i got fp for me, although some people get a new lud after fp.

no fee waiver. i used dallas lockbox.

tony525i,

You said you saw LUD on Jan 23 (Sunday). USCIS has contractors who work night shift and on the weekend. They scan files and put them in the assigned shelfs. If you see LUD after fingerprint, then this might be a good news because the file might be assigned to an officer.

No LUD means the application is still in the shelf / box collecting dust.

my lud just shows january 23. no lud after i got fp for me, although some people get a new lud after fp.

no fee waiver. i used dallas lockbox.

my wife applied her i485 on nov 27th, still no updates, case status shows acceptance state. it's been more than 4 months.. anybody waiting this long?

@ anyone waiting for GC: Does your case status in Acceptance or Initial Review or any other stage? Will there be any changes in each stage as it moves towards Card Production? Thanks

Mine is initial review. Some people had their status in acceptance and it jumped to card production status when they got approved. If there is no RFE, then it usually jumps from initial review/acceptance to card production if they approves the case

@ anyone waiting for GC: Does your case status in Acceptance or Initial Review or any other stage? Will there be any changes in each stage as it moves towards Card Production? Thanks

ya i have noticed the jumping from acceptance to card production cases many times with others and myself when applying for wk permit. However, i am worried now because it's almost 5 months and most people who filed around that time have received their approval. anyone who filed around nov last year and still waiting???

My application was accepted on November 21, 2010 and I got my CG like a month ago... with service center did you send?

NE service center. i don't know what's going on.they received our application on the 22nd of nov, they cashed our check on the 27th, they sent us a bio metric for jan 13, there is one lud change in dec 2, and nothing after that.

Cortaidus,
your case is taking longer because it might be a difficult case. Most officers prefer to work on easy cases because they are evaluated by the number of cases they finish and by the number of mistakes they make. They might skip the case if they think that it will slow them down.

Do you have any arrest records including immigration violation?

to cortaidus

hey cortaidus,

i sent out my application on dec. 20. and i got approved about 7 days ago. so i think its a good idea to contact them and check to see why its taking long. i sent mine to phoenix lockbox. so i think nebraska service center was in charge of my case. best of luck.

to cortaidus,

I guess you and I are not lucky because our applications got assigned to lazy and slow officer.

Some people get approved within 1.5 to 2 months. It all depends on who works on your application.

I heard that Nebraska center allows officers to work from home. It is scary that they allow officers to take our applications to their houses. I hope they don't lose our applications.

NE service center. i don't know what's going on.they received our application on the 22nd of nov, they cashed our check on the 27th, they sent us a bio metric for jan 13, there is one lud change in dec 2, and nothing after that.

But, Nebraska is on average processed GC applications faster than Texas Center..
Any gossip of which service center has more strict officers who like to scrutinize or interview or deny GC based asylum applications.

I have been reading and reading the standard operating procedure for asylum based (I-485). I learned a lot from that procedure. I learned that they might refer the application to the local district office for an interview if the FBI rap sheet shows any kind of arrest including arrests for immigration violation. They refer to the local office even if there are no charges filed. If they decide to approve without interviewing, then the supervisor has to review and sign the decision.

They also refer the application to local office for interview if there is a change in the country condition (changes in COP)

This process takes time because too many steps are involved and the officer might skip or delay working on the difficult case because he/she doesn't want the case to slow him/her down. Remember that all officers are evaluated by their supervisors/managers by the number of cases they process and by the number of mistakes they make. They will process as many easy cases as they can to keep their number high. They work on the difficult cases when they have time for it.

But it all depends on what kind of officer you get.

But, Nebraska is on average processed GC applications faster than Texas Center..
Any gossip of which service center has more strict officers who like to scrutinize or interview or deny GC based asylum applications.

IS it correct that if you send your GC application to Dallas lockbox, then your case will be assigned to Texas Service Center and if it is sent to Phoenix lockbox, then it will be assigned to Nebraska Service Center? Is it ALWAYS the case?