I-485 February 2010 filers

Just had my interview this afternoon. Interview was at 10:30 and got called in at around 11:45. Interviewer stamped a one year GC in my passport and asked me to wait for the physical GC in the mail. :)

2/05/2010 - Day 1 - Sent I130, 1485, 1-765 and I131
2/07/2010 - Day 3 - Delivered to lock box via USPS priority
2/12/2010 - Day 8 - Checks Cashed
2/16/2010 - Day 12 - Received NOAs
2/22/2010 - Day 18 - Received Fingerprinting notice
2/23/2010 - Day 19 - Fingerprinting done
2/23/2010 - Day 19 - I130, 765 & 131 were touched.
3/22/2010 - Day 46 - Received Interview Letter (04/21 NYC)
4/15/2010 - Day 70 - EAD Card production email received
4/19/2010 - Day 74 - Received Advanced Parole
4/21/2010 - Day 76 - Interview Date - Received GC stamp in my passport.

Congrats ajnewyork! Can you give us some details about the actual interview? What questions were you asked? How long did it take? Were you asked for any originals or other documents?

Still waiting for approval on other fronts. Got updates, but no emails. You think they're on their way in the mail? I actually applied 1 day before you did. Go figure.

Congrats ajnewyork! Can you give us some details about the actual interview? What questions were you asked? How long did it take? Were you asked for any originals or other documents?

Still waiting for approval on other fronts. Got updates, but no emails. You think they're on their way in the mail? I actually applied 1 day before you did. Go figure.

Thanks. It was fairly straightforward. We had a nice lady interviewing us. It still took me 5-10 minutes into the interview to convince her that I've never had any illegal stay in the US. At the end she found what she was looking for in the documents which we had submitted. She was nice through it all though.

She started with asking us for all the original documents. After that, she asked pretty basic questions to me and my wife -
To my wife -
How do you pronounce his complete name
His birthday
Home address
What degree does he have
What job does he do

To me -
How do you pronounce her complete name
Her birthday
What job does she do and how long has she been with her employer
Where and how did you two meet

At the end she asked us if we had any more documents to give her. We gave her bank statements for our joint accounts. She also mentioned that I was the first February filer she had come across.

In the end - it was a fairly pleasant experience and I was pretty happy about it.

Yesterday we recieved the Advance Parole documents. Getting nervous about the interview next Friday.

ajnewyork congrats on the GC approval !!

DO - Lawrence, MA
02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
02/19/2010 : Recieved Finger Printing appointment for 3/1/2010
03/01/2010 : Did Finger Printing
03/27/2010 : IL for 4/30
04/16/2010 : updates on I-765 & I-131
04/22/2010 : Recieved Advance Parole Docs

Congratulations ajnewyork!
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks. It was fairly straightforward. We had a nice lady interviewing us. It still took me 5-10 minutes into the interview to convince her that I've never had any illegal stay in the US. At the end she found what she was looking for in the documents which we had submitted. She was nice through it all though.

She started with asking us for all the original documents. After that, she asked pretty basic questions to me and my wife -
To my wife -
How do you pronounce his complete name
His birthday
Home address
What degree does he have
What job does he do

To me -
How do you pronounce her complete name
Her birthday
What job does she do and how long has she been with her employer
Where and how did you two meet

At the end she asked us if we had any more documents to give her. We gave her bank statements for our joint accounts. She also mentioned that I was the first February filer she had come across.

In the end - it was a fairly pleasant experience and I was pretty happy about it.

got a text message today and USCIS website 765 status changed to documents production and Oath Ceremony. I've been waited for a long time. Called them about 2 weeks ago for expedite service, however I don't think it makes any difference in my case. Hope I can get my EAD card soon to start a new job. Here is my complete timelines:
Feb 9th - Mail out application via FedEx
Feb 26th- Recieved Finger Print letter for March 8th
March 8th - Finger Print as scheduled
March 9th - Touch on I485 and I765
April 5th- Recieved Interview Notice for May 10th.
April 23 - Touch on I485 and I130, though status didn't change, my 485 status is still "Acceptance"
April 26 - Touch on I131 and 765, I765 status changed to "document production and oath ceremony", nothing changed on 131 though touched.

I signed up for both email and text message, didn't get any email, only text message

On Monday we recieved the EAD card.

ajnewyork, I was wondering, in the document checklist for the interview, they have asked for both originals and copies. Do the copies need to be certified ? Did you take certified copies ? I haven't yet got any of the copies certified and wanted to know from others whether it is necessary. I am taking all the originals though.

DO - Lawrence, MA
02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
04/26/2010 : Recieved EAD card

On Monday we recieved the EAD card.

ajnewyork, I was wondering, in the document checklist for the interview, they have asked for both originals and copies. Do the copies need to be certified ? Did you take certified copies ? I haven't yet got any of the copies certified and wanted to know from others whether it is necessary. I am taking all the originals though.

We had submitted certified copies of the marriage document with the application. We carried originals and copies(non-certified) to the interview.

Hey guys, I sent my RFE and when they got it my status changed to "we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. If you move..... And title is stil-l Request for Evidence. Now, I noticed that when others send RFE online status says- "we received and case is being RESUMED"..... is there any difference in these two, or I am just looking to much into these.lol and also, I-765 was not touched , even though my RFE was connected to both applications

Thank YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD / I765 status changed to document production. Finally!

Still no EAD or AP approval for me. The interview for greencard is next week. I applied on 02/08/2010. Does anyone have any idea why I-765 or 131 would be delayed for so long?

I was also wondering if anyone has been to the Lawrence, MA site. Is there parking nearby?

Here is my interview experience in Boston, MA.

Our appointment was for 10:30am and we got there about 20 mins earlier. Went to room E160 where they told us to to go to E170 and hand in the interview letter. The we sat and waited till we were called. I think we were one before the last to arrive. Looks like they give everyone the same appointment time, or maybe 10:30am is the last appointment time.

We were called in at 11:45am (1 hour 35 mins) after arriving. The IO was a guy with no expression on his face. He had opened the door for us so when I was walking past, I said Hi ... but there was absolutely no response. I thought we were going to have some trouble. We went in and sat down. He asked for Passport, EAD and travel docs. From USC he asked for 2 forms of ID (gave drivers license and naturalization certificate)

He asked where and when we met, when we got married. We also had our 20 months old daughter with us. So he asked each of us who the mother/father of the child is. The he asked how many times have you been to the US ? why did you stay the last time you arrived. The last arrival was only supposed to be for a week, but I was hospitalized for having bad morning sickness and couldn't go back. We had a letter from the gynecologist saying that I was unfit for travel. He asked for that letter. While all this was going on our daughter had climbed up a chair and trying to pull some of the papers that were there. He told us that we better take down. I think that distracted him, because after that, to the surprise of both of us, he said that our application is approved !! :)

I had brought so much documentation like birth certificates, translations, marraige certificate, joint documents and tonnes of pictures but he didn't ask for any of that. The whole interview must have been about 15 mins. He told us to go out and wait for an approval letter. We also said that we will be traveling in about 3 weeks and whether we will have the GC by that time. He said that we very likely would have it, but a week before we travel if we don't recieve it, then make an infopass appointment and come in with the approval letter and that they will then stamp the passport.

We had to then again wait for another 45 mins or so for the approval letter. It was only us and the couple who came in after us left in the whole room. We and the other couple got the approval letter around the same time.

04/26/2010 : Recieved EAD card
04/30/2010 : Interview Date, GC approved

Congrats!! And thanks for sharing the experience.

Here is my interview experience in Boston, MA.

Our appointment was for 10:30am and we got there about 20 mins earlier. Went to room E160 where they told us to to go to E170 and hand in the interview letter. The we sat and waited till we were called. I think we were one before the last to arrive. Looks like they give everyone the same appointment time, or maybe 10:30am is the last appointment time.

Mission accomplished! We were approved on the spot today and I already got the approval emails. Applied 02/04/10, got approved 05/05/10. The interesting thing is EAD and AP are still pending.

Our interview was done this morning, and status is Further Review.

Looks like there the doctor missed 3 check boxes on my spouse's GC medical records. We were asked to take it back to the doctor, have him fill it, sign n date, and mail that back to USCIS. Very disappointed, not sure how much time this will take.

-JS.

Congratulations all who got approved!! I am still waiting for my interview letter, I got status update 3 days ago for EAD that it was sent in production. Do you think that I should be getting interview letter soon, my last soft touch on I-485 was 05/05 ? I am so anxious to get as it seems all February filers got it