I-485 February 2010 filers

130, 765 & 131 were touched today.

2/05/2010 - Day 1 - Sent I130, 1485, 1-765 and I131
2/07/2010 - Day 3 - Delivered to lock box via USPS priority
2/12/2010 - Day 8 - Checks Cashed
2/16/2010 - Day 12 - Received NOAs
2/22/2010 - Day 18 - Received Fingerprinting notice
2/23/2010 - Day 19 - Fingerprinting done
2/23/2010 - Day 19 - I130, 765 & 131 were touched.

Hey,
What is RFE for Birth Certificate? Would we also encounter that if we have our birth certificate translated in English??
Rid_prag

Hi! We had sent in the affidavit for birth certificate, along with school certificates where birth was mentioned, copies of passport. USCIS did not accept the secondary evidence of the birth certificate... and have issued RFE requesting 'non-availability of birth certificate' from the concerned municipality and requesting more affidavits. :(
If your birth certificate is in English and from the concerned authority, then you may not have to worry about it.

How did u get a confirmation through text and email?

Regarding the notification by email & text: if you had filed G-1145 along with your application, then you will receive an email notification of the receiving of the applications. This will be followed by the NOA / I-797C within 2-3 days. Helps to remove anxiety around the receipts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the notification by email & text: if you had filed G-1145 along with your application, then you will receive an email notification of the receiving of the applications. This will be followed by the NOA / I-797C within 2-3 days. Helps to remove anxiety around the receipts.

Please NOTE:follow up you case status on line,if you filed G-1145 you will not still get RFE notice in mail or text.you will get case update like case resume after RFE has been replied and others case update,RFE come via USPS mail.i got other case update and touch via sms and email but i didn't get RFE,so check your case status and touches always.

Day 1: 02/10/10 - mailed GC app -- I485, I131, I765, I130
Day 2: 02/11/10 - arrived in Chicago
Day 9: 02/19/10 - Checks encashed
Day 12: 02/22/10 - Received 4 NOA's
Day __: XX/XX/10 - FP appt?

walk-in in Hartford ASC possible?

Got the fingerprinting notice yesterday. Does anyone know if I can do a walk-in at the Hartford ASC, instead of waiting for another 2 weeks?

02/08/10 - Applied
02/16/10 - Received Text & Email Conf from USCIS
02/18/10 - Checks Cashed
02/20/10 - Received 4 NOAs
02/25/10 - Received Bio Appointment letter for 03/12

Got the fingerprinting notice yesterday. Does anyone know if I can do a walk-in at the Hartford ASC, instead of waiting for another 2 weeks?

Just try doing it. What's the worst case scenario - they'll send you away. I did it in NYC and the lady only asked me why I came in so early. She wasn't rude about it at all.

Just try doing it. What's the worst case scenario - they'll send you away. I did it in NYC and the lady only asked me why I came in so early. She wasn't rude about it at all.

We kind of live far away from the ASC, so I do not want to make 2 trips. So what is the reason you gave when she asked you why you came in earlier than planned? Thank you for your help.

We kind of live far away from the ASC, so I do not want to make 2 trips. So what is the reason you gave when she asked you why you came in earlier than planned? Thank you for your help.

Well initially I just told her that I wanted to see if I could do a walk in. She wasn't convinced with that. So I told her that we've been having extremely bad weather and that I didn't want to risk postponing my appointment.

Hey guys newbie here....... I am a US Citizen and trying to file AOS for my wife who is on F1. Now, I have all the documents ready, forms almost filled up, waiting for her birth certificate which is in mail from India. My dilemma is that I am in Philly, my wife just got a job in OR, and left few days ago. I am planning to join her soon but my job transfer would take at least 2 more months. Now, we have been married for 6 yrs and have lived together ever since, I want to file for her AOS right away but she won't be able to come for fingerprinting here. My question is should I file under our new address? or can I file under our present address and later do a change of address.....lets say if I file tomorrow and she gets her FP appointment here, does she have a choice to fingerprint anywhere else in US?
Sorry for the confused post, I am really confused here...........any advice appreciated.

singh, you are in the wrong thread. but the short answer to your question is: no, you have to do the fingerprinting in the office the notice tells you to.

Does anyone have walk-in fingerprinting experience in East Hartford?

singh, you are in the wrong thread. but the short answer to your question is: no, you have to do the fingerprinting in the office the notice tells you to.

Does anyone have walk-in fingerprinting experience in East Hartford?

Thanks for the response...i thought i was in teh right thread coz i am a "potential" feb2010 filer...but I get ur point, wud start a new thread therefore.
Now, if I were to file in a few days and then as soon as i get receipt notice, then i go online and change address and fill AR-11, would that then lead to fingerprinting notice being sent for the office closer to my new address?
any input appreciated!!

Singh, suggest wait for a few days and send in the packet with your new address. In the meantime, send your AR-11 for a change of address for her F1 visa and give it a few business days. So this way, it's in their system and you can have the letter at the new address (your applications esp G-325A will further confirm the change). Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finger prints were taken today

02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
02/19/2010 : Recieved Finger Printing appointment for 3/1/2010
03/01/2010 : Did Finger Printing

Finger prints were taken today

02/03/2010 : Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 (and other supporting forms and documents)
02/16/2010 : Got reciept notices for all 4 of the applications (Reciept Date was 02/04/2010 on all 4 notices)
02/19/2010 : Recieved Finger Printing appointment for 3/1/2010
03/01/2010 : Did Finger Printing

What is your DO?

Update on I 485:

Day 1: 02/10/10 - mailed GC app -- I485, I131, I765, I130
Day 2: 02/11/10 - arrived in Chicago
Day 9: 02/19/10 - Checks encashed
Day 12: 02/22/10 - Received 4 NOA's
Day __: 3/12/10 - FP appt

Hey Guys ..
So now the FP date is nearing. What is the next step? While we wait for the interview call, do they normally start the process for EAD and AP? Or does that also depend on the interview?

Nervous and Excited..
Rid_prag

These are the general time lines which I have been observing on this site (assuming that there are no RFEs) -
days 50 - 60 - You get your Interview Letter
days 60 - 80 - You get your EAD

These are the general time lines which I have been observing on this site (assuming that there are no RFEs) -
days 50 - 60 - You get your Interview Letter
days 60 - 80 - You get your EAD

I agree. Do you have a timeline for the actual interview date as well? My observation is like 80-90 days.