I-140 after BEC: How, what, when, where ...

I-140

Guys,

I think I am getting really shafted by the GC process. It took over 4 years for the labor to get approved. The lawyers took their own sweet time to file 140/485. 140 has been filed with NSC for 5 months now but there seems to be no movement there. They released their new processing dates and they have moved only 10 days for EB2 (Sep 16 2006) in 1 month. At this rate it will take me another year to get a GC. Anybody else feeling the pain?

You are not alone mate, my i-140 was filed in Jan 2007 and it is still pending at nsc. I saw a post from our fellow suferer, his was filed in DEC 2006 and still pending... I am scared of upgrading it to premium processing as there is a post about REF on PP case (couple of posts above yours).
You have EAD and its over 180 days so, get on with your life, don't ever think about a gc and that will sure save you lot of headache.

ThirstFish,

I know you are right that I have an EAD and I should really forget about GC and enjoy life. Its just that there are a few important decisions that are pending GC. Not that worrying about it helps :)

I see that you filed 140 in Jan and 485 in Jun. How come you didn't file concurrently?

On a sidenote: It seems all the priority dates will become current again and ppl like us who have waited 5+ years will get hit by creation of another backlog :-(

You are not alone mate, my i-140 was filed in Jan 2007 and it is still pending at nsc. I saw a post from our fellow suferer, his was filed in DEC 2006 and still pending... I am scared of upgrading it to premium processing as there is a post about REF on PP case (couple of posts above yours).
You have EAD and its over 180 days so, get on with your life, don't ever think about a gc and that will sure save you lot of headache.

Urgent Help

Dear Gurus-
I have an URGENT and Unfortunate question. My I-140 got files 4 days back. So, I have wait for either Receipt or Check clearance to get the Receipt Number to file I-485. Can someone please advise how many days it takes to get receipt number or Check to get cleared? Please also advise depending on the current situation.

well...

ThirstFish,

I know you are right that I have an EAD and I should really forget about GC and enjoy life. Its just that there are a few important decisions that are pending GC. Not that worrying about it helps :)

I see that you filed 140 in Jan and 485 in Jun. How come you didn't file concurrently?

On a sidenote: It seems all the priority dates will become current again and ppl like us who have waited 5+ years will get hit by creation of another backlog :-(

well..if you are not buying house because of GC then i think you should. Apart from that i think you should enjoy the freedom and take the job you love.
as far as my concur filing goes, my employer sucks, they have this policy of not filing 140 and 485 together :( I know that sucks but well I wouldn't want to waste over 5 years of my most productive life time, its matter of 5 more months and i will be as free as you :)

time

Dear Gurus-
I have an URGENT and Unfortunate question. My I-140 got files 4 days back. So, I have wait for either Receipt or Check clearance to get the Receipt Number to file I-485. Can someone please advise how many days it takes to get receipt number or Check to get cleared? Please also advise depending on the current situation.

My receipt arrived in two weeks but it was filed over six months ago.

ThirstyFish and 2002calabor

I have a question. 140 and 485 were filed cocurrently at the end of last month. Regular 140. Lawyer answered to upgrade 140 to pp, in case USCIS lifts the suspension on Aug 1. My question is without even receiving the receipt notice for the 140, can they do the upgrade? It has been filed for one month. Thanks for the help.

sam46
EB2, PD Nov/02; H1B 7th year; IN
LC approved April/07
140/485 filed End of June/07; Receipt ? No

Sequence of approvals?

I am an EB2-NIW physician who doesnt require labor etc. I have submitted a bunch of petitions (I-140, 485, 765, 131) on my behalf and my spouse (except 140) to the USCIS since dates were current for me and I was labor/perm exempt.

I dont count down the time for I-140 approval.

Can someone, please, advise as what is the sequnce of approval of these forms should/will be?

In case (due to the heavy volume) I 140 sits in their offices for long long time, will they issues interim benefits such as ead,AP?

Thanks in advance.

I-485 ancillaries (EAD: I-765, AP: I-131 etc.) are not I-140 dependant. However, I-485 approval requires I-140 to be aproved.

Please Help! I-140 filed based on experience only.

Hello Everyone,

I am kind of new to this forum. I have done masters from US and currently on H-4 as I am preparing for my USMLE board exams.
I got an oppurtunity to file I-140 based on substitution labor with PD of 2005 from a convinent store as Store Assistant Manager. It is based on my experience of working at store back home.
My question is can USCIS deny my I-140 for Assistant Manager post as I have masters degree?
I consulted couple of lawyers and according to them there are 50-50 chances of approval as they might question of my higher qualification. Assistant manager position did not need any qualification. But they also mentioned that there is no harm in filing other than cost involved.
Is it true that if my I-140 gets denied it will not affect any future filing related to my field?
I used this file to get GC earlier as it might help getting me residency in good hospital.

I would appreciate if you can provide any information.

Last edited by a moderator:
140 Approval

Greetings to all BEC fellow sufferers,

My I-140 finally got approved on 8/17. It was filed on 2/16 and was approved in exactly 6 months. This is in contrast with the posted time of 9 months by USCIS. For once I feel that I haven't been screwed by the govt. Four years of waiting for labor certification was literally a hellish experience. I wish all the guys who suffered in BEC all the best for 140 and 485.

PS: I am personally ready to move on to the next forums. Does anyone know the right forum for I-485 for NSC?

Best Wishes to all :D :D

TSC or NSC?

What was your service center? The last bulletin shows that TSC is doing around mid-Feb.

Greetings to all BEC fellow sufferers,

My I-140 finally got approved on 8/17. It was filed on 2/16 and was approved in exactly 6 months. This is in contrast with the posted time of 9 months by USCIS. For once I feel that I haven't been screwed by the govt. Four years of waiting for labor certification was literally a hellish experience. I wish all the guys who suffered in BEC all the best for 140 and 485.

PS: I am personally ready to move on to the next forums. Does anyone know the right forum for I-485 for NSC?

Best Wishes to all :D :D

No LIN # yet ...

Hi Everybody Come Back Again
After I Was Waiting For My Attorney To File I 140 He Filed On
July 13 07 And Receipt On July 23-07 I-797 Notice Of Action Receipt # Lin-xxxxxxxxxx Take Only 10 Days Now That I Am Waiting For I-140 To Get Aproved Can I Filed For I-485

Anyone has received the LIN number from Nebraska center ? i applied on 8/16 concurrent and was told that they are falling behind with entering cases on the system, but it will be 3 weeks soon.
I didn't pay by check as the lawyers do that and they said the check has not been cleared yet...
Just want to see if i am alone waiting for the LIN