• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134

Linda LInda

Hello,
AT the very bottom of the I-134 from it says: 'I acknowledge that i have read....as amend.' there's a space there but they don't say in the sample what we are supposed to write in the box.
My sponsor is retired and there is no spot available for this situation. The only place where I can write something is the personal property. (I have a letter from the bank confirming the amount which is around $100,000). Will that suffice?
Thank you

Hello,
AT the very bottom of the I-134 from it says: 'I acknowledge that i have read....as amend.' there's a space there but they don't say in the sample what we are supposed to write in the box.
My sponsor is retired and there is no spot available for this situation. The only place where I can write something is the personal property. (I have a letter from the bank confirming the amount which is around $100,000). Will that suffice?
Thank you

The sponsor is supposed to initial that section.

Does your sponsor have a substantial amount of money in his bank account in addition to the value of the stated personal property? If the only thing your sponsor wants to declare on the I-134 is the value of their personal property, with no on-going income or a substantial savings in their account, you might want to look into getting a new sponsor to provide you with that affidavit of support.

The sponsor is supposed to initial that section.

Does your sponsor have a substantial amount of money in his bank account in addition to the value of the stated personal property? If the only thing your sponsor wants to declare on the I-134 is the value of their personal property, with no on-going income or a substantial savings in their account, you might want to look into getting a new sponsor to provide you with that affidavit of support.
Ok, I see. Thank you.

Dear Mom,
I re-read the form and I am a little worried.
Under section 7 can my sponsor write where he used to work and that he is now retired? and change I derive an annual income to I derive a retirement of...?
It says justify your annual income just in case of self-employment. Do I have to ask my sponsor to get a form proving his retirement then?

The $100,000 is actually the savings--not the personal property (but it's not in savings banks in the United States it's in another country) is there any way I can change where the savings are in the file?
All I have from the bank is a letter showing the savings amount. I don't know what else they could want especially since I'll be looking for work once I arrive.

How does my sponsor justifies personal property? Is there a document or that as well?
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Dear Mom,
I re-read the form and I am a little worried.
Under section 7 can my sponsor write where he used to work and that he is now retired? and change I derive an annual income to I derive a retirement of...?
It says justify your annual income just in case of self-employment. Do I have to ask my sponsor to get a form proving his retirement then?

The $100,000 is actually the savings--not the personal property (but it's not in savings banks in the United States it's in another country) is there any way I can change where the savings are in the file?
All I have from the bank is a letter showing the savings amount. I don't know what else they could want especially since I'll be looking for work once I arrive.

How does my sponsor justifies personal property? Is there a document or that as well?
Thanks again!

Your sponsor can simply write RETIRED in section 7 where it says 'Type of Business. He cannot change what is originally written on the form. He can still list the total amount of retirement benefits he's receiving under the 'annual income' section. And yes, your sponsor he will need to provide evidence of that.

The money has to be in a US bank account, the form clearly specifies that. A letter from the bank indicating when the account was open, total amount in the past year, and how much is currently in it must be submitted. I do expect your sponsor to know what kind of documents he has on hand that lists him as the owner and what the property is worth, for instance his annual propert tax notice.

Your sponsor can simply write RETIRED in section 7 where it says 'Type of Business. He cannot change what is originally written on the form. He can still list the total amount of retirement benefits he's receiving under the 'annual income' section. And yes, your sponsor he will need to provide evidence of that.

The money has to be in a US bank account, the form clearly specifies that. A letter from the bank indicating when the account was open, total amount in the past year, and how much is currently in it must be submitted. I do expect your sponsor to know what kind of documents he has on hand that lists him as the owner and what the property is worth, for instance his annual propert tax notice.
I know this is written in a US bank account, that's why I was worried.
Last question...sorry. How much would I need to have on my account for me to not need a sponsor? Thanks again

I know this is written in a US bank account, that's why I was worried.
Last question...sorry. How much would I need to have on my account for me to not need a sponsor? Thanks again

You should be fine if you're able to present a personal a/c with about $10,000

hello everyone! i am new to this forum
so i am a DV2016 Winner and my CN is EU23xxx so i am expecting my interview to be scheduled by the end of March, my question is;
if i can prove i have more than 10k/15K $ in savings, do i still need someone to sponsor me through the i-134?
because an affidavit is actually required for the Consulate here in italy

i have friends in the States who could eventually sponsor me, should they wait until 2016 to fill the form ?

hello everyone! i am new to this forum
so i am a DV2016 Winner and my CN is EU23xxx so i am expecting my interview to be scheduled by the end of March, my question is;
if i can prove i have more than 10k/15K $ in savings, do i still need someone to sponsor me through the i-134?
because an affidavit is actually required for the Consulate here in italy

i have friends in the States who could eventually sponsor me, should they wait until 2016 to fill the form ?

If your embassy typically requires the presentation of an I-134, I'll suggest you get it as a backup document regardless of how much you personally have. When you attend your interview, you can start by presenting your own financial documents, and if they insist on an affidavit after that, then you show them the I-134.

Waiting until early 2016 to get the form from your friends is not a bad idea. Just make sure there will be enough time for you to get it by mail before your interview date.

If your embassy typically requires the presentation of an I-134, I'll suggest you get it as a backup document regardless of how much you personally have. When you attend your interview, you can start by presenting your own financial documents, and if they insist on an affidavit after that, then you show them the I-134.

Waiting until early 2016 to get the form from your friends is not a bad idea. Just make sure there will be enough time for you to get it by mail before your interview date.

thank you so much for the quick answer=) anyway i think my interview will be later than March, since my CN is EU23...
i was looking around and it seems to be pretty high considering this year selectees, i am not even sure i'll make it =(

thank you so much for the quick answer=) anyway i think my interview will be later than March, since my CN is EU23...
i was looking around and it seems to be pretty high considering this year selectees, i am not even sure i'll make it =(

EU23xxx is not on the high end, it's mid-range and I see no reason for it to not become current.

EU23xxx is not on the high end, it's mid-range and I see no reason for it to not become current.

Actually EU numbers end earlier this year - so yes EU23XXX is in the top 20% BUT EU has too few selectees this year so the region will most likely go current - meaning every number can be interviewed.

Actually EU numbers end earlier this year - so yes EU23XXX is in the top 20% BUT EU has too few selectees this year so the region will most likely go current - meaning every number can be interviewed.

Ma bad in thinking EU23xxx is mid range. Like you rightly pointed out though, it most likely will still become current.

thank you guys (=
so i emailed the consulate and they told me that an "AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT" is not required for dv winners!!! which makes me happy because i was getting worried ( anyway i printed the email just in case lol ) but i know they might still ask for my financial situation so i opened a bank account and i have around 20.000 in savings, should i be fine? considering i am 22
sorry for all these questions =P

You should be fine if you're able to present a personal a/c with about $10,000[/QUOTE

Hi,
Please can I ask a question?
I have a joint account with my mother, about $24,000. I am married and the principal applicant is my wife.
Will it be ok if we present a bank statement of this account as a financial support? Or the account should be joint with my wife?
Thanks

thank you guys (=
so i emailed the consulate and they told me that an "AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT" is not required for dv winners!!! which makes me happy because i was getting worried ( anyway i printed the email just in case lol ) but i know they might still ask for my financial situation so i opened a bank account and i have around 20.000 in savings, should i be fine? considering i am 22
sorry for all these questions =P

I think it is important to explain what "not required" means. Not required means that is not ALWAYS required but may still be needed in some cases. The CO can still ask for it, but generally for a single selectee, savings over about $10k should satisfy the public charge requirement.

hello everyone ,
I have a joint account with my mother, about $24,000. I am married and the principal applicant is my wife.
Will it be ok if we present a bank statement of this account as a financial support? Or the account should be joint with my wife? because only me and my wife are applying for visa.
Thanks

hello everyone ,
Will it be ok if we present a bank statement of this account as a financial support? Or the account should be joint with my wife? because only me and my wife are applying for visa.
Thanks

They may have a problem believing the funds in that account belongs to you or that you will have access to them. A bank account jointly owned by you and your wife makes more sense than that owned by you and your mom.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Will it be ok if we open a joint account with my wife one month before the interview?
I used to keep my savings before getting married in a joint account with my mother and i can prove that I own them for a long period (5 years time deposit).