I-130 Tracker Oct 2006 VSC

AOS Fee & DS-3032 Form

timeline update

Hi. I just received three separate letters for my wife and two daughters I filed I-130's for. Their applications were approved on June 14th 2007. The letters I received today are from the US Department of State (NVC), Portsmouth NH. Each letter begins by saying:

"We have received from the immigrant visa petition that you filed on behalf of (my wife and each daughter). Before we can continue processing, you must pay the enclosed bill for the required fee: You must send:

1. The enclosed AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) FEE BILL....

*Until we receive this fee from you, we cannot process your case

Now, here are my questions if you or someone else can help me with them?

A. Do I need to send the $70 dollar fee for each of my family members (wife, daughter, daughter)? I ask this because on the third page of the letter there is this "Exception notice":

Exceptions: If you are a US citizen filing a separat Afficdavit of Support (I-864) for your spouse and children to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee.

I am a bit confused about this.

B. My second question is about the DS-3032 form (Choice of Address and Agent). I would like to know if I can be my wife and children's "Agent"? Also, would it be in our best interest to change my wife's mailing address in her home country to my home address here in the States? As you can see I am already receiving mail at my address but I am confused about this too.

Hopefully someone is interested enough to have read this post and might offer some help.

Thanks.

Hi. I just received three separate letters for my wife and two daughters I filed I-130's for. Their applications were approved on June 14th 2007. The letters I received today are from the US Department of State (NVC), Portsmouth NH. Each letter begins by saying:

"We have received from the immigrant visa petition that you filed on behalf of (my wife and each daughter). Before we can continue processing, you must pay the enclosed bill for the required fee: You must send:

1. The enclosed AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT (AOS) FEE BILL....

*Until we receive this fee from you, we cannot process your case

Now, here are my questions if you or someone else can help me with them?

A. Do I need to send the $70 dollar fee for each of my family members (wife, daughter, daughter)? I ask this because on the third page of the letter there is this "Exception notice":

Exceptions: If you are a US citizen filing a separat Afficdavit of Support (I-864) for your spouse and children to immigrate, you only need to submit one $70.00 fee.

I am a bit confused about this.

B. My second question is about the DS-3032 form (Choice of Address and Agent). I would like to know if I can be my wife and children's "Agent"? Also, would it be in our best interest to change my wife's mailing address in her home country to my home address here in the States? As you can see I am already receiving mail at my address but I am confused about this too.

Hopefully someone is interested enough to have read this post and might offer some help.

Thanks.

From what I have read in this forum, you should submit only $70, but attach all three coupons with the payment.
Also, you can choose to be the agent, I am also planning to be the agent for my parents, because I want to receive all information here in the US, versus some overseas address.

Question for Goodhusband

Can you tell me what date was your case entered in NVC system. My parents application was also approved on June 11, but I have not received any correspondence from NVC as of yet.

Thanks

NVC Date Entered?

Can you tell me what date was your case entered in NVC system. My parents application was also approved on June 11, but I have not received any correspondence from NVC as of yet.

Thanks

Hey first off I'd like to thank you for responding to my post. I wasn't sure if anyone would take the time to read through that rather long and detailed post.

In response to your question, I am not sure I if have a date either? I'm wondering if I haven't been given a date yet because I haven't paid the AOS fee and completed the DS3032?

Did you already pay your AOS fee? If so, how much did you pay?

I'm going to call the number provided for the NVC and pepper them with some questions. I'll ask them about your question as well. Keep me posted on your end of things.

Thanks again.

Hey first off I'd like to thank you for responding to my post. I wasn't sure if anyone would take the time to read through that rather long and detailed post.

In response to your question, I am not sure I if have a date either? I'm wondering if I haven't been given a date yet because I haven't paid the AOS fee and completed the DS3032?

Did you already pay your AOS fee? If so, how much did you pay?

I'm going to call the number provided for the NVC and pepper them with some questions. I'll ask them about your question as well. Keep me posted on your end of things.

Thanks again.

No, I have not paid the AOS fee yet, because I have not received anything from NVC. I called their number, and was able to get a case status using the CIS case number. All I learned is that the I-130 approval was received and entered in their system on June 26 07, and a NVC case number was generated as well. I suppose the next step would be printing the AOS fee and the DS3032 and mailing them to me and to my parents overseas.

You are right, for most of the question regarding the correspondece from NVC, the best bet would be to call them directly, and ask them what to do.

Additionally, I discovered another thread that discusses issues at NVC. You might find it helpful too:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201104&page=5&highlight=National+visa+center

New Forum

No, I have not paid the AOS fee yet, because I have not received anything from NVC. I called their number, and was able to get a case status using the CIS case number. All I learned is that the I-130 approval was received and entered in their system on June 26 07, and a NVC case number was generated as well. I suppose the next step would be printing the AOS fee and the DS3032 and mailing them to me and to my parents overseas.

You are right, for most of the question regarding the correspondece from NVC, the best bet would be to call them directly, and ask them what to do.

Additionally, I discovered another thread that discusses issues at NVC. You might find it helpful too:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201104&page=5&highlight=National+visa+center

Good looking out. I have been looking that forum over. I think I'll start asking some of my questions in that forum. Keep me posted on your progress.

Question for Goodhusband

Hi Goodhusband,

I have another question for you: What do your instructions say regarding the AOS bill payment? DO you pay by Personal Check or Money order? And you make the check paybale to NVC?

The reason why I'm asking is because according to NVC automated system, the AOS bill fee was mailed to me on July 9, but I have not received it yet, and I am leaving on vacation soon, so I was planning to get the payment ready, and have a friend of mine mail it back to them, while I'm away.

Thanks.

Hi Goodhusband,

I have another question for you: What do your instructions say regarding the AOS bill payment? DO you pay by Personal Check or Money order? And you make the check paybale to NVC?

The reason why I'm asking is because according to NVC automated system, the AOS bill fee was mailed to me on July 9, but I have not received it yet, and I am leaving on vacation soon, so I was planning to get the payment ready, and have a friend of mine mail it back to them, while I'm away.

Thanks.

NO PERSONAL CHECKS! Certified check (from a bank) or a Money Order (what I sent). The amount is $70.00. I believe you filed for both of your parents so there is only one fee for the both of them. Be sure to write their case #'s on the front of the check or money order. It is paybale to: Department of State. Send it through your post office because it takes longer to be processed if someone there has to sign for an express mail delivery. The reason for this is because it will be sent to a P.O. box. The mailing address will be on one of the informational letters in each packet. You will receive separate packets for each of your parents. This is what confused me at first about the payment. I thought I would have to pay $70.00 for each person I received packets for but this was not the case. Do not sign and send the DS3032 forms inside the packet. Those must be done by your parents. Good luck.

NVC Case status Search

Dear All,

Does any one know, how to find case status at NVC?
My parents 130 was approved on 07/07/2007 and no update from NVC yet
Does NSC assigns a new case number or you can use the same case number as i-130

appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

Dear All,

Does any one know, how to find case status at NVC?
My parents 130 was approved on 07/07/2007 and no update from NVC yet
Does NSC assigns a new case number or you can use the same case number as i-130

appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

You can call NVC # (automated system) and inquire using CIS Case Number (From your I-130 approval). You would be able to see if the case is in NVC system, and get the NVC case number assigned. It is not unusual for NVC to take a month to process an Approved I-130. Look below at my timeline.

NO PERSONAL CHECKS! Certified check (from a bank) or a Money Order (what I sent). The amount is $70.00. I believe you filed for both of your parents so there is only one fee for the both of them. Be sure to write their case #'s on the front of the check or money order. It is paybale to: Department of State. Send it through your post office because it takes longer to be processed if someone there has to sign for an express mail delivery. The reason for this is because it will be sent to a P.O. box. The mailing address will be on one of the informational letters in each packet. You will receive separate packets for each of your parents. This is what confused me at first about the payment. I thought I would have to pay $70.00 for each person I received packets for but this was not the case. Do not sign and send the DS3032 forms inside the packet. Those must be done by your parents. Good luck.

Hi Goodhusbant10! Just wanted to see how your case is going. My IV Fee is issued on 8/13 but have not received the mail yet. It seems it's taking between 3-4 weeks for each step to be processed.