I-130, no reply from USCIS

Sukhi,
This is great news and it seems to be going as expected. Did you guys file I-129F as well for K3 visa or no? We filed both and they say if I-130 is approved around the same time as I-129F, they dismiss the I-129F and the immigrating spouse has to go for Immigrant Visa directly. Thanks for your posting. Please do keep us updated.

I got approval notice today...Thank God....Next is NVC...

I130 received by USCIS on Feb 23. Still no NOA2

Hello, is anyone still waiting for approval of petitions in February? The 5 months processing time has passed for my petition for my wife. When I called the cutomer service number, the agent told me that she could still not file a service request (as her computer still showed that my case was within normal processing time). Any suggestion to get California Service Center's attention?

Tiger boss,
This is scary news. I have seen three cases of approvals but all three were in March. I would expect February should have been done by now. I wish you good luck and please do update us when you get your wife's case approved.

Hello, is anyone still waiting for approval of petitions in February? The 5 months processing time has passed for my petition for my wife. When I called the cutomer service number, the agent told me that she could still not file a service request (as her computer still showed that my case was within normal processing time). Any suggestion to get California Service Center's attention?

hey guys, I need some help filling out I130
I am a green card holder and my wife is living in the US with me.
She currently has a student visa.
When I fill out I130, do I need to fill out the following questions?
19. Your relative's address abroad. (Include street, city, province and country)
20. If your relative's native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write his or her name and foreign address in the native alphabet.

Since she is here already, do I still need to fill out her home country information?

Thank you in advance.

You can leave the field for point 20 blank. For 19, ordinarily it would be your wife's address abroad. In this case, it's tricky. Before you find an answer to that, it really begs the question as to why you would want to file for her I-130 right now. The way I look at it is, if you are on GC, it takes about 4-5 years for your spouse's case to be approved and your wife would have to maintain her Student status in order to live here. I am wondering if it would make more sense if you file for her case right after you become US Citizen. This way, your wife gets to stay on student visa or any other visa and no immigration intent is declared. Also, once you become US Citizen and your wife is still here, you can go for what's referred to as the AOS where you file for I130, I485 and other apps for EAD, AP and so forth all together and the moment you file that, your wife can stay in US until the case is decided regardless of her status expiration after the filing. Also, that process is super fast and takes 3-5 months, tops. Just my thoughts. You might want to consult an attorney for further evaluation of your options but that's what my knowledge says.

hey guys, I need some help filling out I130
I am a green card holder and my wife is living in the US with me.
She currently has a student visa.
When I fill out I130, do I need to fill out the following questions?
19. Your relative's address abroad. (Include street, city, province and country)
20. If your relative's native alphabet is other than Roman letters, write his or her name and foreign address in the native alphabet.

Since she is here already, do I still need to fill out her home country information?

Thank you in advance.

Before you find an answer to that, it really begs the question as to why you would want to file for her I-130 right now.

If he is far from obtaining citizenship, the I-130 probably will be approved before he becomes a citizen, so upon obtaining citizenship the approval is already done and it only needs to be upgraded to reflect his citizenship status. And by filing when he is far from citizenship eligibility, it is also possible that the priority date will become current before he is a citizen.

If he is close to obtaining citizenship, the I-130 may still be pending when he naturalizes. But if he naturalizes in the near future, his wife will probably still be in the US with her F-1, so she can file the I-485 and they will upgrade the I-130 automatically.

So either way, in his case it is better to file the I-130 now because his wife is in the US legally on a long-term visa. If she was outside the US, or inside the US with a status that would expire soon, it might be better to wait for citizenship before filing the I-130.

I was hoping you would have got some letter from USCIS stating the date of interview and the documents to bring and so forth. Have you got nothing yet? I am also curious to see what happens after the approval and if there's anything I can do ahead of time to obtain relevant documents. Please do update us on what you have got so far.

Do anyone know,what's next after approval? & How long it'll take.....

i have same problem before. but california service center processing time said 5 month to process each application.i submitted my I-130 for my wife and kids last feb. uscis sent me a reciept dated feb 24. last august 3 i recieved a decision letter from uscis. the letter tells you if the I130 is approved or denied. so just wait till it become 5 mos and you will recieve the letter regarding your I-130 petition.

Hello There,
Did you get your case approved? I saw another guy whose was stuck with Feb 24th filing and his case got approved around August 4th. It will help to see if your case got approved or not.

Thanks!