I-130, no reply from USCIS

chaddibabu2001

Registered Users (C)
I applied for an I-130 for my wife and received a receipt on March 23rd, 2010. After the receipt we recieved no response. I called the USCIS many many many times, only to get their response, "sir it is still in the processing period of 5 months." I cant even get transfered to the second level agent. I got really frustrated and called the Congressman. They recieved the same response. It is already about to be 4 months and I highly doubt that we will recieve a response by Aug23rd, which will be 5 months. What should I expect? We are really worried about where the process is :(? Can someone please shine some light on this matter. Thank you.

You filed I-130 on March 23, 2010, are you are already expecting a decision? Calm down and wait at least until your case is outside the normal processing time-frame.

Well its taking less than 60 Days to get a USCIS approval and then it gets transferred to NVC these days, although its not written in stones but most cases get processed in that time.

I-130 Application from March 24 is still sitting

I want to share another incident. I-130 received by USCIS on March 24, 2010 is still sitting with them. I hope not that bunch of applications from that timeperiod went into blackhole.

Except the general processing times and the customer service (2nd level), there isn't a way to check 'exact' date of processing. Another thread just mentioned that he applied on March 5th and got I-130 approval on June 28th. So may be March24 timeline is next.

You can find the "processing time" by visiting USCIS.gov and click the "Check processing time" link and then select your service center.

I'm also in same situation...I applied I-130 on March 19,received a notice showing date 30,march...after that its in initial review...

Sukhi,
Your case should be getting approved anytime, I am hoping this week itself. Could you please update us when that happens? My wife's is in second week of April and it will help to hear when yours get approved. Thanks.

Anyone else filed in March,2010 ,approved?....I'm still waiting...

Chaddibabu,
Please do oblige the greater community by sharing information of the NVC process as you go along the process. We are right behind you with a gap of 2-3 weeks in our filings. Good luck with everything!

We just recieved a reply from the USCIS, and my wife's case has been approved. On to the NVC process. ;)

We are also waiting, not too far behind you all.

Are application was recieved April 30th. Its the lack of information that gets us more than anything else. Here's hoping soon...