How to work in US through E-3 visa

gomzy

Hi I am an australian citizen and going to US on spouse visa. my partner is on H1B visa.

Please advise if i need a sponsorer or not

Do they need to file a petition like in H1B.

what all info my employer and i need before i apply for E3 visa and who will apply this me or employer. whats the difference between H1B and E3 except that its for Austrlians and partner can work and u can not apply for GC. by applying from E3 visa is it easy for employer in processing rather than H1B if so how.

I will be in USA on dependent visa. can i look for jobs and change my status to E3 visa.

what sought of info i need to provide to prove i do not intend to stay in USA permanently and i will go back to australia in future. being my partner in USA on H1B and intend to stay in USA will that effect me from applying E3 visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
gozmy,
the criteria for e3 are :
• Proof of Australian nationality,
• A letter from the prospective U.S. employer describing the alien’s occupation, the alien’s anticipated length of stay, and salary/remuneration arrangements,
• Evidence that the alien meets the educational requirements for the position to be filled (a bachelor’s degree or higher or its equivalent in the specific specialty occupation),
• Evidence that the alien meets any licensing or other occupational requirements, and
• Evidence that the prospective U.S. employer has filed with the Department of Labor a labor condition application (LCA) specifically designated for E-3 Specialty Occupations.

h1b dependents are not allowed to work in the u.s.