How much time does it take for the certification paperwork to arrive?

Sometimes, no matter what you have tried, it simply doesn't work. I tried everything - having my attorney wrote letters, emails, fax..I still didn't see my ETA original come in. I filed 140 with a request of duplicate LC and had receipt dated Dec 1st 2006. After seeing a few people here file 485, i decided to do so. The only risk, per my attorney is if my 485 is rejected because of nonavilability of original ETA750, i will refile when 140 is approved and i will have to pay one more time.

I want to give some update on my case.

Mine LC was certifed last year Sep 14 on line. However, i haven't received it since then. I filed 140 with duplicate requst of LC on Dec. 6th. During the interium, i filed 485 but was rejected because of lack of the proved priority date (mine is 2-13-2004). On May 8th,2007, it showed online that my 140 was approved. It took exactly 6 months to get duplicate request approved. I am still waiting for the originals and pray this time original 140 will not be lost by USCIS. I am totally losing my confidence on the US bureaucrats.
Hope my case can show some light for people in simialr boat.

Mine LC was certifed last year Sep 14 on line. However, i haven't received it since then. I filed 140 with duplicate requst of LC on Dec. 6th. During the interium, i filed 485 but was rejected because of lack of the proved priority date (mine is 2-13-2004). On May 8th,2007, it showed online that my 140 was approved. It took exactly 6 months to get duplicate request approved. I am still waiting for the originals and pray this time original 140 will not be lost by USCIS. I am totally losing my confidence on the US bureaucrats.

Congratulations Codex889. I am on the same boat. LC approved but never receive it. Had been makling calls and sending letters for months and still don't see it.

My I-140 RD is very close to yours. Your post give me some hope that mine will get approved soon too. Of course I was also given false hope during the LC fiasco where ppl with PD around or later than me get approval way ahead of me.

Summary of the conversation with PBEC lady

Guys,

Today I called PBEC ((484) 270-1500) around 10:45 AM EST for inquiring about whether Original LC is mailed to my employer/lawyer or not. Following is the summary of the 20 minute conversation.

- After advertisied conslusion case papers go to a particular department for
stamping if certified. That department has only one person having the
autnority to stamp LCs.
- All cases are organized in serial daily on the basis of priorty date for wait
out stamping.

Example: P-43***-12*** case certified on line on say 3rd april, P-43***-
13*** on 25th March, P-42***-13*** 10th May.

Let's asume till 14th May none of above cases have been stamped.
then on 14th may whichever case has earliest priority date will be
put ahead in the queue to be stamped. It does not matter when
they got certified on line. So the guy whose case was certified on
25th March was not lucky enough as when his case reached to
the table of that person, already case load was large so his case
was put in th equeue according to PD and waiting to be signed. If
that day if the case load on person table might not be large then
his case would have been stamped. Other thing, in above
examples, the guy with certification date 10th May would be
stamped first if his PD is earlier than other two guys.

- Once paper stamped goes back to the officer (Multiple officers) who
certified for waiting out his sign. Here waiting out is based on stamping
date

- Once officer signed it, it will be mailed to lawyer/employer with "LC mailing
notification" to Alien. Real mailing would take 1 to 3 days from the sign date.

- On an average people should allow 4 to 5 weeks from the date of on line
update of certification.

- In initial stage many people get original LCs within a week due to the less
load on that person's table but slowly more certifications started to come
out as multiple officers were working on them, stock started to pile up on
that person's table who only can stamp. and this is the reason of seeing the
delay in getting original LCs.

- If within 5 weeks one would not get Original LC then s/he should immidiately
advise h/er-is lawyer to contact to PBEC for original LC

- BharatPremi

Guys,

Today I called PBEC ((484) 270-1500) around 10:45 AM EST for inquiring about whether Original LC is mailed to my employer/lawyer or not. Following is the summary of the 20 minute conversation.

- After advertisied conslusion case papers go to a particular department for
stamping if certified. That department has only one person having the
autnority to stamp LCs.
- All cases are organized in serial daily on the basis of priorty date for wait
out stamping.

Example: P-43***-12*** case certified on line on say 3rd april, P-43***-
13*** on 25th March, P-42***-13*** 10th May.

Let's asume till 14th May none of above cases have been stamped.
then on 14th may whichever case has earliest priority date will be
put ahead in the queue to be stamped. It does not matter when
they got certified on line. So the guy whose case was certified on
25th March was not lucky enough as when his case reached to
the table of that person, already case load was large so his case
was put in th equeue according to PD and waiting to be signed. If
that day if the case load on person table might not be large then
his case would have been stamped. Other thing, in above
examples, the guy with certification date 10th May would be
stamped first if his PD is earlier than other two guys.

- Once paper stamped goes back to the officer (Multiple officers) who
certified for waiting out his sign. Here waiting out is based on stamping
date

- Once officer signed it, it will be mailed to lawyer/employer with "LC mailing
notification" to Alien. Real mailing would take 1 to 3 days from the sign date.

- On an average people should allow 4 to 5 weeks from the date of on line
update of certification.

- In initial stage many people get original LCs within a week due to the less
load on that person's table but slowly more certifications started to come
out as multiple officers were working on them, stock started to pile up on
that person's table who only can stamp. and this is the reason of seeing the
delay in getting original LCs.

- If within 5 weeks one would not get Original LC then s/he should immidiately
advise h/er-is lawyer to contact to PBEC for original LC

- BharatPremi
Thanks bharatpremi for sharing with us the details of your conversation with PBEC. It is a rather welcome change to know that someone from that office was willing to talk for 20 minutes and explain things in detail. Whether the process really works this way is another thing; backlog centers are known not to follow any particular process, especially the ones that they vehemently publicise. However, this does put some perspective on those cases that are waiting to receive the LC papers for a significant amount of time after seeing Certified online. The timeframe of 4-5 weeks seems to coincide with what my lawyer's office told me would be a reasonable timeframe to expect the papers.

Yes, You are correct. It was surprised to me the way that lady was detailing the process and once I saw positiveness I started questions and that was the outcome. Again I am not saying whatever she fed to me is the real correct feed and exactly PBEC work that way but good thing is that I had 20 minutes conversation. And by reading this post if other guys also try to call PBEC and have their conversation data here then finally we may conclude by analyzing all multiple conversations and perhaps that would be nearer to the real work method of PBEC.

Thanks bharatpremi for sharing with us the details of your conversation with PBEC. It is a rather welcome change to know that someone from that office was willing to talk for 20 minutes and explain things in detail. Whether the process really works this way is another thing; backlog centers are known not to follow any particular process, especially the ones that they vehemently publicise. However, this does put some perspective on those cases that are waiting to receive the LC papers for a significant amount of time after seeing Certified online. The timeframe of 4-5 weeks seems to coincide with what my lawyer's office told me would be a reasonable timeframe to expect the papers.

Original LC papers received today.

My lawyer received Original LC papers today (05/18/07) thus at least in my case PBEC lady proved truthful.

Summary: On-Line Certificatiion date: 04/26/07
Original Papers received date: 05/18/07

Thanks.

originally filed LC application not received after 24 days

My LC was approved on April 30th 2007. I received a letter from DBEC on May 11th that my application is certified. My layer is yet to receive the original LC application.

24 days and counting....

Last edited by a moderator:
unluckily, screwed up by the fcuking BEC.

I'm in the same unlucky boat. My online approval date was back in 01/2007 and no original docs have arrived so far. The fcuking company lawyer passively waited and waited, and didn't sent an inquiry email until early 04/2007. At my strong and repeated request, in late apr the retarded lawyer made a couple of phone calls to the BEC and got to know the original docs were mailed out to both company and the lawyer in late Jan., and a couple of days later the dam lawyer received an email reply from the BEC that had about the same answer. I believe it is the BEC that screwed up everything, because if they really mailed out the docs to both lawyer and company, the probability of both pieces of mail getting lost should be really small, so I'd rather believe that the disastrous troublemaker was the BEC and they didn't really send out the mail or something was terribly wrong within their processing.

The lawyer recently submitted my 140 filing with dup LC request. Although I've asked for a premium processing, I have no idea whether the filing of 140 with duplicate LC request can be premium processed. It is really really a bad feeling to get screwed up while I could have concurrent filed my 485 a few months ago. Dam lawyer, dam company HR, dam BEC. May all the cursed dam guys go to hell ASAP so they would no longer cause more messes to anybody.

Did you get your I140 approved?

Congratulations Codex889. I am on the same boat. LC approved but never receive it. Had been makling calls and sending letters for months and still don't see it.

My I-140 RD is very close to yours. Your post give me some hope that mine will get approved soon too. Of course I was also given false hope during the LC fiasco where ppl with PD around or later than me get approval way ahead of me.

Hey ftsoh, did you get your I140 approved? My lawyer also didn't receive the LC approval papers...so just wanted to check.

what's duplicate requst of LC

What is "duplicate requst of LC" as people mentioned above?

Is it a copy of the LC request sent to DOL/BEC? (ETA45?...)

or is it a letter from BEC saying that the Labor has been certified. In this case, you didn't get the ETA45? and you went ahead with filing I-140 with the copy of the letter.

Someone, please clarify!

No letter yet!

Hello,

My case showed certified on the website in March 2007. My lawyer has not yet received the certified letter. He has sent request for the letter twice via mail and twice via email. Any idea why this is happening? Why are they not sending out the letter?

Hey ftsoh, did you get your I140 approved? My lawyer also didn't receive the LC approval papers...so just wanted to check.

Nope. Don't know when it will be approved either since I can't file premium and the processing date at NSC is retrogressed to Jan 06. But my lawyer finally submit my I-485 last week. Finger cross that it will be accepted. I don't want to deal with the fee hike and another round of backlog.

I am in the situation like may guys here, my labor has been showing approved online since 4th Jan 07 my lawyer has been following up sice last week of Feb 07 still no response . In the meanwhile May1st onwards my company was taken over and I work for the new company. Can i file for I-140 /485 concurrent.
Is it true we cannot file i140 premium without orginal even though we may have communications with PBEC
LC PD 13th Oct 04

My LC has status shows certified (online) since 10th May 2007. The lawyer has not yet received the LC papers. Anyone in similar boat? Any advice from gurus on what can be done? The PD is 6/2003. If people post seeing certified online but not receiving the LC paperwork -- at least we will have an idea.

Labor Certification papers recived from PBEC after 6 months
My labor was approved on 29th Dec 06 and after repeated followups by the lawyer got the orginal today by mail, just in time to file 140/485.
PD 13 Oct 2004

i'm joining the line for hard copy approval

My online status shows certified since yesterday (jul6)

TR - EB3 - California - Dallas BEC
PD - Jan 2005
recruitment report docs sent on Jun 25

Waiting for hard copy !!

Received Hard Copy in 9 days

My company lawyer received the hard copy of the labor approval in 9 days after we saw the approval online on 27th June 2007

PRHolder

Estimated time 2-3 weeks

My company lawyer received the hard copy of the labor approval in 9 days after we saw the approval online on 27th June 2007

PRHolder

My estimate would be approximately 2-3 weeks after the status is updated online (unless there is a major screw-up) . Based on that I'm expecting my certified hardcopy to reach by the middle of July. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

thats somewhat heartening

thanks and i'll keep my fingers crossed ...
maybe i'll be able to apply I140 even before the fee increase

140 Filing

thanks and i'll keep my fingers crossed ...
maybe i'll be able to apply I140 even before the fee increase

So if you file 140 now and wait for the 485 data to be current, will you be able to file 485 when the dates become current even though you might be waiting for your 140 approval (which i guess you cannot file it premium right now)

I know guys, this is not the section, where i should be talking about 140, but I just want to get an idea from a person in similar situation

PRHolder