How long does I-130 approval take?

I have a question...Im new to the forum and I wanted to know if the I130 form ever expires...

My Priority Date (PD) was January 13, 1997 and the Notice Date (ND) was April 1, 1997. I recently recieved these papers from the person who petitioned me (yes, I am angry becasue I could have taken care of this a loong time ago)

Do I have to start my process all over... if not... what do I do from this point?

In addition, I am engaged at the present time. If I marry my Fiance... will that interfere with this process?? Should I wait?

Please resond...

I got your PM. I don't know how employment based GC works.

No no, Im sorry if I explained myself wrong.. My petitioner sent in the I130 form a looong time ago. I was not aware that the Notice of Action was sent April 1, 1997 (she never told me) which means 10 years have gone by and I never sent in the I485.

Do you know if the I130 Notice of Action is still valid after not sending in the I485 for over 10 years?

No no, Im sorry if I explained myself wrong.. My petitioner sent in the I130 form a looong time ago. I was not aware that the Notice of Action was sent April 1, 1997 (she never told me) which means 10 years have gone by and I never sent in the I485.

Do you know if the I130 Notice of Action is still valid after not sending in the I485 for over 10 years?

I'm not sure. Did you try checking out the status with the USCIS?

Hi Every Body
Need Some Help
My I -130 Was Approved Back On 6-7-2005
Now Do I Have To Wait 10 To 12 Years To Get A Gc
Or Can I Get A Work Permit Ead
Just Wondering

Hi Every Body
Need Some Help
My I -130 Was Approved Back On 6-7-2005
Now Do I Have To Wait 10 To 12 Years To Get A Gc
Or Can I Get A Work Permit Ead
Just Wondering

If you have an approved immigrant petition,in your case the I-130.You can file to adjust your status,any time you choose.You will need to file forms I-485(Adjustment of status aka Green card),I-765(work permit),I-131(Advance parole)...the 765 and 131 forms are optional and they are included in the fee for the I-485.If at anytime you overstayed don't bother with the I-131,because they might not let you back in at the poe.Also you will need to fill out a I-864(Affidavit of support) very important,your sponsor(brother) needs to fill this 1 out.If he doesn't meet the minimum income requirement for his household you will need a co-sponsor.Good luck...Hey i'm assuming your in the U.S.,are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My spouse is GC and I am on H1. I would like to apply for a GC and this blog says that I should apply for I-130 and I-485 together.
Please let me know what all documents I need to provide when I do this?
I was told about only my birth certificate, Passport/Visa copies, mine/spouse Employment proofs, Joint bank account information etc.
Is there anything which I should do etc?
Also, what is the procedure to do it? My wife would be eligible for applying for citizenship only after 2 years.
I guess I can change my status once she becomes citizen.

Hi,

My older sister filled I130 for me in 2002 and it was approved in 2005. i have not received anything after that. does anybody know how long does it take for my permanent residency (green card) to arrive or is there any way i can get a work permit atleast while i wait?? i have no idea what to do:(

alisha

I am an american citizen. I applied for an I-130 for my husband on November 9th, 2010. Untill now nothing, the website uscis still shows the highlighted "initial interview" bubble. How much longer am I supposed to wait? please help!!

I am an american citizen. I applied for an I-130 for my husband on November 9th, 2010. Untill now nothing, the website uscis still shows the highlighted "initial interview" bubble. How much longer am I supposed to wait? please help!!

You should email or call them and ask what's going on with your application. Because I did that 4 years ago when I petitioned my parents when they were in the Philippines. After two months I got NOTICE of ACTION and then APPROVAL NOTICE and so on and so forth.

Hi,

My older sister filled I130 for me in 2002 and it was approved in 2005. i have not received anything after that. does anybody know how long does it take for my permanent residency (green card) to arrive or is there any way i can get a work permit atleast while i wait?? i have no idea what to do:(

You should contact the USCIS about your GREEN CARD.
Did you moved? You should change your address before you move somewhere else.
I'm not expert but I think your Green Card was lost
In my case when I petitioned my parents my Mother's Green Card was lost in the mail so I paid and re applied for her Green Card again and she finally got it with in 6 months from the application.

Pls help and advice me

My husband has a green card, my I-130 was approved May 2011 petition filed Dec 2010. Presently in the US on I-94 allowed to stay 1month this time. Do I apply for I-485 now? My husband's citizenship due early 2013, what can be done or next steps? Thanks.

You were sponsored in F4 (sibbling) category, so you have to wait at least 10 years to have your visa current.
Even if you are living in the US, NVC won't touch your file now until I guess around 2015-2016.
Current VISA is about March 2000 for F4 category.
Hi,