Houston, TX N-400 Time Line

It's been a month since my interview and I haven't heard from them yet :( and in the end of this month is going to be 5 months that I submitt my N-400, what is the time frame for Houston, do you guys think that I should ask for infopass already? .... so stressfull...

Some people got it done in 3-4 months. Avg is 5 months for Houston. My case took 6 months. dont worry u submitted additional documents not too long ago. you will get probably september oath. I think its too late for August date for you.

If you want call USCIS or log a request online for update. thats what i did and got status update in 3 days and 5th day oath letter was issued.

ohh ok, what one you did, the e request or you just call there please ?, I called the 800# and they did not have any updates in my case yet :( , it's wird cause is showing "request for evidence" but I'm actually in the "decision" part already...., I don't know if I should ask for Infopass already....I really wish I could get the Oath next week, thank you for giving me some hope :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, everyone! I want to thank every person who had contributed to this thread as it has been very informative. We (my mother & I) are submitting our N-400s soon and, having had some very unpleasant experiences with immigration in the past, I wanted to ask for advice on a few questions:

(a) we are planning on dating N-400 and mailing it on the date a day later than online calculator (e.g. if it shows 8/18, we want to do 8/19). Is that going to be OK or should we wait a little longer?
(b) does it matter if applications go to Dallas (via USPS Priority Mail) or Lewisville (via FedEx/UPS overnight)? Oath ceremonies are spaced out a month or more apart, so we feel like every day matters (why they can't offer oaths after the interview baffles me; I think Dallas does that, don't they?).
(c) check or money order? We've always used money orders but I see that some people send checks. Is their a benefit one way or another?
(d) can we still send multiple applications in the same envelope and what are the latest rules/guidelines on that? We sent our green card applications at the same time and got them on the same day, so would be great to have the same thing happen & get interviews on same date.
(e) am I right in thinking that sending in tax returns doesn't really expedite matters and I can just bring them to the interview?

Sorry for bombarding y'all with questions -- feeling just a little stressed out. My mom & I had battled with, at the time, INS for our asylum for half a dozen years (court->appeal->court->appeal), so I don't exactly have warm & fuzzy memories.

Quick question... my fiance's appointment is the 16th... if she gets the go ahead do you think she would be able to attend the ceremony on the 17th? This being a goverment shop, Id be surprised if they acted that fast, but it would be perfect timing.

Try online request and see what happens. I have sent you a private msg here.

@Pleasehelp08
How did you go about the reservation? can someone just book a one-way ticket to Mexico or Canada just to get the passport expedite?when you cancelled the reservation did you get all your money back from the airline? did the passport agency keep the ticket reservation to confirm it or they just look at it and return it to u? thanks for your prompt response.

@Pleasehelp08
How did you go about the reservation? can someone just book a one-way ticket to Mexico or Canada just to get the passport expedite?when you cancelled the reservation did you get all your money back from the airline? did the passport agency keep the ticket reservation to confirm it or they just look at it and return it to u? thanks for your prompt response.

I made the reservation and put it on 48 hours hold. You would have to call the airline or travel agent to do that. Printed my reservation and took it to passport agency. they kept the copy. It got cancelled 48 hrs later. I did not pay anything.

No appointment is necessary if you go on the day of the oath. I had the appointment for 1pm.

I made the reservation and put it on 48 hours hold. You would have to call the airline or travel agent to do that. Printed my reservation and took it to passport agency. they kept the copy. It got cancelled 48 hrs later. I did not pay anything.

No appointment is necessary if you go on the day of the oath. I had the appointment for 1pm.

thanks for the quick response. please what airline was that? did u make the reservation on the oath day or earlier? is it one- way ticket or return ticket. sorry for the bunch of question.

what wrong with these people cant they just wait to get back there passport. i can see alot of these marriage is just for immigration purpose, you just cant wait for two weeks

what wrong with these people cant they just wait to get back there passport. i can see alot of these marriage is just for immigration purpose, you just cant wait for two weeks

I travel for work and I had to have passport to get 3 countries visa's and my trips were scheduled but not within 14 days. getting visa's take 3-4 days each and my company required that I give my passport ASAP so there will be no rescheduling of trips. clients get upset if there is any scheduling. Corporate world is all about money.

Hi Rusdude, I'm not an expert, but I think I can answer some of your questions...
You can send your application couple days later to be safe, I sent mine 10 days later...
I sent my personal check, I don't thin that matters now (if you are doing GC is different), there is a folder called "Documents needed for Naturalization", in this forum, that gives you a list of all the documents that you will need it, I wish I had read that before my interview, the IO looked all my folder, page by page, looking for all documents that they could ask me for...so be prepared cause we never now who we will get it right... Hope that helps a little... Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:

You need think before you write and try to be civil. i travel to mid-east and asian twice a month for the past 6 months for business.all these trip are spontaneous.i dont wanna get caught with this mess after submiting my GC. we talking about money here.