• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

High CN Number: CP or AoS

Aynumazi

Dear All,
My wife have been selected for the lottery with a case number: 2018AF00047### ; Country: Morocco. We are actually living in the US and are certainly eligible for the AoS,
We did not fill the DS260 forms yet since we are wondering:
1. Is this a really high CN?
2. Whether it is better to apply through the consular process, or to apply for an AoS?
3. If AF is for all applicants for Africa,how do I know the specifics of my country?

Thank you very much for your help.

You don't need to know the specifics of your country, and no it's not a "really high" CN, at least not judging by past years.

Yes that CN is slightly on the high but safe side. The decision as to which process route to take is yours, however your can take a look at the following spreadsheet (link below) for the pros and cons of both AOS and CP. Then you can hopefully decide on what to do:

http://goo.gl/0va2DU

In the end you have to decide whats better, the AF code is for whole Africa and only they know the country details. The sheet above provide detailed comparison of AOS and CP. Good Luck!!