• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

High CN (Case Number) not in the last Visa Bulletin August 2015 DV

AllouHenri

Hi and thanks for receiving my request.

I need help I have a high CN and since the begining i'm worried about whether i will get an interview or not because of that CN that seemed to high for me.

My CN is 2015AF00060XXX and it's my first time playing and winning.

What i noticed this year compare to the previous year is that the number of CN took by month wasn't many and i was wondering if we will get one day to my CN as you can see i'm in the Africa Zone and between the 60.000 CN,

I want to know what will happen to my case, Will i get an interview within the fiscal year 2016 and if so how will i know when since my case number will not be between the Fiscal Year 2016's Case Number. or is my case simply lost and i should move to something else and try to play again.

PLEASSE HELP ME I'M SO DESPERATE.
cray5ol.gif
cray5ol.gif

I did attach an image to show you the cut off of this year and the previous year.

Attachments

• cut off.JPG
    cut off.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 16
Sadly, your case is not going to be processed, you will not get an interview and will not benefit from the DV2015 selection in any way.

Thank you everyone for your quick and direct response,
Whaoooo that hurt a lot. looks like a bad joke but that's real jizzzzz wanna cry f****k
I planned a lot of things based on this pfff had i new it sooner the first day i saw my result things would have been different.

I think that people who play should be inform of tthis little details which could change a lot of thing in the way we see the Green Card, because for most people when they win and fill the ds-260 they wait patiently their turn each month to get an interview and in the final it's to be inform that they won't.:(:(:(:(

The 1NL lets people know that there are more selectees than there are visas. They are pretty upfront about it all.

Thank you everyone for your quick and direct response,
Whaoooo that hurt a lot. looks like a bad joke but that's real jizzzzz wanna cry f****k
I planned a lot of things based on this pfff had i new it sooner the first day i saw my result things would have been different.

I think that people who play should be inform of tthis little details which could change a lot of thing in the way we see the Green Card, because for most people when they win and fill the ds-260 they wait patiently their turn each month to get an interview and in the final it's to be inform that they won't.:(:(:(:(

It's unfortunate most selectee's do not pay enough attention to their Selectee Notification letter. There's a clear warning in that letter which says more people have been selected above the available number of visas and that not everyone selected will end up with a visa at the no of the day.

Too bad about your CN not becoming current. Consider participating in DV2017 though, you may end up with a better luck.

Hi and thanks for receiving my request.

I need help I have a high CN and since the begining i'm worried about whether i will get an interview or not because of that CN that seemed to high for me.

My CN is 2015AF00060XXX and it's my first time playing and winning.

What i noticed this year compare to the previous year is that the number of CN took by month wasn't many and i was wondering if we will get one day to my CN as you can see i'm in the Africa Zone and between the 60.000 CN,

I want to know what will happen to my case, Will i get an interview within the fiscal year 2016 and if so how will i know when since my case number will not be between the Fiscal Year 2016's Case Number. or is my case simply lost and i should move to something else and try to play again.

PLEASSE HELP ME I'M SO DESPERATE.
cray5ol.gif
cray5ol.gif

I did attach an image to show you the cut off of this year and the previous year.

I may say - "follow the Visa Bulletin" and "wait and see". keep it in mind that your CN is High. In the begging of DV2015 nobody expected the final Cut off for AF, AS and OC. So the futere shall be revealed in just 12 months.

I may say - "follow the Visa Bulletin" and "wait and see". keep it in mind that your CN is High. In the begging of DV2015 nobody expected the final Cut off for AF, AS and OC. So the futere shall be revealed in just 12 months.

He is a DV2015 selectee. So - his future was already revealed.

It's unfortunate most selectee's do not pay enough attention to their Selectee Notification letter. There's a clear warning in that letter which says more people have been selected above the available number of visas and that not everyone selected will end up with a visa at the no of the day.

Too bad about your CN not becoming current. Consider participating in DV2017 though, you may end up with a better luck.

i don't think it's because people don't pay attention to the letter that says it's not guaranteed
we can see that it's not guaranteed, but nevertheless, we have to start planning for the move in case we DO get a chance at an interview
so no matter what, a significant part of the next year or so of our lives is going to be spent preparing for this possiblity, and that's what makes missing out so hard
and most people don't know about most of the stuff that gets talked about in this forum, quotas, regions, laws etc.....they're just waiting patiently, they see lots of "currents" in past years and most of them would've been waiting in vain this year and it's sad

i don't think it's because people don't pay attention to the letter that says it's not guaranteed
we can see that it's not guaranteed, but nevertheless, we have to start planning for the move in case we DO get a chance at an interview
so no matter what, a significant part of the next year or so of our lives is going to be spent preparing for this possiblity, and that's what makes missing out so hard
and most people don't know about most of the stuff that gets talked about in this forum, quotas, regions, laws etc.....they're just waiting patiently, they see lots of "currents" in past years and most of them would've been waiting in vain this year and it's sad

I'm not going to get into any drawn out conversation which you seem to be thriving on of late on this issue. You really ought to have read my post within the context in which it was made.

My post was made within the context of the OP's request for things to be made a bit more clear for selectees. Well, the selectee notification letter clearly addresses this issue. It states the number of people selected and the number of visas available and that being issued with a visa is not guaranteed. It doesn't need to go into regional quotas, laws, etc.

We've seen people come here writing "I'm a DV winner" or "I won the American GC" and we've had to explain to them that they're yet to win the GC, they've simply been selected for further processing - clear evidence of people not paying attention to what's written on the notification letter.

Excuse me, maybe i didn't express myself clearly enough,
Yes I did know that there is more winners than availlable Visa, and sure, I did think at first that i won the green card but come on, look at the file i attached in my post or here historical previsions.

we can see that for the Africa zone last status was always like this :
2010 : Current
2011 : Current
2012 : Current
2013 : Current
2014 : 81100
2015 : 50.000 ??? you can't be serious ???

The point is they said in the first letter
"Approximatly 125.000 where registered for further processing. Therefore it is very important that you follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance."
they should have put the number of visa availlabe in the letter, that would have been wayy MORE ALARMING for those with highest CN, because their condition depends too much on the bad luck of the winners below them.
we can't litteraly do anything exept praying for others to encounters problem during their processing lol.

BUT HOW IN THE WOLRD I COULD HAVE INCREASED MY CHANCE WHEN there is 50.000 visa availlable and they process each individuals by CN order and i have to wait the bad luck of 50.000 people so we could get to me ? I filled the ds-260 so Quickly that i think my shadow is still trying to take it's breath since that time but i soon understood that because of my CN that was no necessarly to hurry.
I reckon one thing, i didn't play in the early time when i played so i guess this is why my CN is so high in the first place, ok I get it.

Yes I did know that there is more winners than availlable Visa, and sure, I did think at first that i won the green card but come on, look at the file i attached in my post or here historical previsions.

"Approximatly 125.000 where registered for further processing. Therefore it is very important that you follow instructions to increase your chances of possible visa issuance."
they should have put the number of visa availlabe in the letter, that would have been wayy MORE ALARMING for those with highest CN, because their condition depends too much on the bad luck of the winners below them.
we can't litteraly do anything exept praying for others to encounters problem during their processing lol.

BUT HOW IN THE WOLRD I COULD HAVE INCREASED MY CHANCE WHEN there is 50.000 visa availlable and they process each individuals by CN order and i have to wait the bad luck of 50.000 people so we could get to me ? I filled the ds-260 so Quickly that i think my shadow is still trying to take it's breath since that time but i soon understood that because of my CN that was no necessarly to hurry.
I reckon one thing, i didn't play in the early time when i played so i guess this is why my CN is so high in the first place, ok I get it.

If you're going to argue on the basis of numbers being always current in the past couple of years, have you stopped to compare the total number of selectee's in those years and those of DV2015 and DV2014 where numbers didn't get to be current? And the point is they also said "Selection does not guarantee that you will receive a visa because the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available." The DV instruction also clearly states there are only 50,000 visas available, so they probably didn't see any need in repeating that number on the selectee notification letter.

The instruction regarding increasing one's chance certainly relates to if one's CN is low enough and becomes current, it's not necessarily saying one should hope for those with lower CNs to suffer some sort of bad luck in order for those with higher CNs to have an opportunity.

And by the way, the CN a selectee ends up with has nothing to do with how early or how late the eDV registration was submitted. It's a random selection. There have been people who entered the lottery on the last day of the registration and ended up with very low CN.

If you read the rules on entry which I presume you did, they were very clear that there are only 50000 visas available and that more people get selected than can get visas. I'm sorry you didn't get current, but if you had read just about anything official on the matter you would have known that there were only 50k visas. I don't see why you think they needed to highlight this in the letter too?
And yes unfortunately getting a high CN is just bad luck and for that there was nothing you can do ...

In addition to all mentioned above 2015dv is the first that ds260 is introduced and the process goes online. that increases the response rates and thus the target is achieved with less CNs.

We won in DV2015 and we submitted our original entry on 25 October 2013.

We entered again in DV2016 (just in case something catastrophic happened with DV2015) and entered on Day 2 and didn't get selected.

It really is random. The CEAC data proves that when you see that people with low case numbers are made up of those who entered early in the lottery period and those who entered late.

One thing I learned through this process - and yes, this is said with the benefit of hindsight - is that you have to fully inform YOURSELF about the process, good and bad.

In addition to all mentioned above 2015dv is the first that ds260 is introduced and the process goes online. that increases the response rates and thus the target is achieved with less CNs.

I'm not so sure about this. It may increase the response rate of DS's but it also increases the no-shows - in the days you paid to courier your documents to kcc, you would generally first check what the cost of following up is. Now it's free to submit so people submit then later realise it's expensive or they aren't actually qualified or whatever so there are less interviews as a % of submission. I don't know exactly what the net outcome is but I'm guessing it's roughly even.

What the main difference with Africa is vs last few years is Nigeria falling out - which had the same effect on Asian numbers as Bangladesh falling out a few years ago. And yes this is not something easily realisable to people who haven't studied the process so there I can see the confusion. All that said, when we won in DV2013 - I had looked at ten years of past data and had seen clearly that it was only a few years before then that regions had gone current - in the early-mid 2000s most regions had cut-offs most years - so right from the start I didn't relax until our number actually became current.

[QUOTE = "AllouHenri, poste: 2409533, membre: 378844"] Salut et merci pour recevoir ma demande.

Je besoin d'aide, je dois une grande CN et depuis le début je suis inquiet de savoir si je vais obtenir une entrevue ou non à cause de cette CN qui semblait élevé pour moi.

Mon CN est 2015AF00060XXX et il est joué et gagné ma première fois.

Ce que je remarqué cette année comparé à l'année précédente est que le nombre de CN a par mois était pas beaucoup et je me demandais si nous aurons un jour à mon CN comme vous pouvez le voir, je suis dans la zone Afrique et entre la 60.000 CN,

Je veux savoir ce qui va arriver à mon cas, vais-je obtenir une entrevue dans l'année fiscale 2016 et si oui, comment vais-je savoir quand depuis mon numéro de l'affaire ne sera pas entre Nombre de cas de l'exercice 2016. ou est mon cas tout simplement perdu et je dois passer à autre chose et essayer de jouer à nouveau.

PLEASSE AIDE MOI que je suis tellement désespérée.
cray5ol.gif
cray5ol.gif

Je l'ai fait joindre une image pour vous montrer la coupure de cette année et l'année précédente. [/ QUOTE]

Frère, j' ai bien peur Qu'il ai plus rien a faire ... Dieu lui seul peut tout ... un miracle peut être ... je suis moi même un gagnant , première participation à une Dv et je suis sélectionné mon case number est 2015AF00061*** ... tous mes projets tournais autour de çà , le comble c'est que j'ai été sélectionner avec voisin de maison , mais lui avait un bon CN dans les 10*** , il est partie avec sa femme . je l'ai moi même aider dans certaine démarche , il m'attendait aussi et voilà que la nouvelle est tombé .. Bref c'est la vie .
..................................................................................................
Brother, I have afraid That have anything to do ... God alone can all be a miracle ... ... I myself am a winner, first participation in a Dv and I selected my case number is 2015AF00061 *** ... all my projects turned around here, the height is that I was selected with neighboring house, but it was a good CN within 10 ***, it is a party with his wife. I help myself in some process, he also was waiting for me and now the new fell short .. that's life

Merci je comprend cela m'avait coupé l'appetit mais ça va maintenant j'ai accepté mon sort, je vais essayer d'aller de l'avant. Cela m'a déjà prit tant de chose je ne vais pas laisser encore d'autre chose m'etre prise
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you i get it now, i couldn't eat anything but now i'm ok and i accepted my fate now i will try to move on now. it already took me so much i won't let it take me anything again.