• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

High case number from Asia

pkshitiz

Registered Users (C)
case num: 8xxx
DV adjstment email recieved along with dv fee paid reciept
medical done
My case number seems to be current in june or july. I have heard that it takes 2-3 months for the processing of AOS. Is it possible to do CP if i inform them. Whenever i call KCC they tell me to wait till my number is current. I need your help guyz. If anyone is with high case number from Asia you are most welcome to share your thoughts.
Regards,
Pkshitiz

You can switch from AOS to CP any time. It's a matter of one call. You can wait a bit to see how Asia goes with bulletin (you never know, they might speed up) an then decided. But definitely if you get current in July it's a lot safer to go with CP.

hendvnt

Dziecka: I have already done medicals here in USA. Can i use it back in my country in CP if i decide to switch to CP. Anyways thanks for sharing your information, i really appreciate it.

AOS and CP

You can switch from AOS to CP any time. It's a matter of one call. You can wait a bit to see how Asia goes with bulletin (you never know, they might speed up) an then decided. But definitely if you get current in July it's a lot safer to go with CP.

Actually What does mean AOS and CP?

I am not sure about your medicals. I think it should be valid but ask KCC to make sure. But no worries abt the rest. CP is a lot easier and faster. They always process CP first and then take care of AOS ppl.

AOS is adjustment of status (when you are legally in US and willing to obtain your Green Card there)
CP i consular processing (for people who apply overseas through consulates.

I am not sure about your medicals. I think it should be valid but ask KCC to make sure. But no worries abt the rest. CP is a lot easier and faster. They always process CP first and then take care of AOS ppl.

AOS is adjustment of status (when you are legally in US and willing to obtain your Green Card there)
CP i consular processing (for people who apply overseas through consulates.

Any Idea when will in Current From ASIA Case No 73XX...

Any Idea when will in Current From ASIA Case No 73XX...

Asia is going with the speed of 900 since last wo months. So calculate the rest for yourself, and see where you get. But surely you will get current.

Best of luck!

case num: 8xxx
DV adjstment email recieved along with dv fee paid reciept
medical done
My case number seems to be current in june or july. I have heard that it takes 2-3 months for the processing of AOS. Is it possible to do CP if i inform them. Whenever i call KCC they tell me to wait till my number is current. I need your help guyz. If anyone is with high case number from Asia you are most welcome to share your thoughts.
Regards,
Pkshitiz

I'm not from Asia and I certainly don't have a high case number, but I can contribute what I know. Yes, it normally takes about 2-3 months to complete AOS processing. It however doesn't mean that AOS people who become current late in the fiscal year, for instance in July/August will not complete the process. The process actually moves a bit faster towards the end of the fiscal year, AOS applicants are known to have been processed right up to the very last day in September. The important thing for any one doing AOS is to ensure they are not out of status before they begin the process and to use the waiting period to get all the necessary documents.
But of course you have the right to go CP if you prefer to finish the process the month your case number is current.

I have already done medicals here in USA. Can i use it back in my country in CP if i decide to switch to CP. Anyways thanks for sharing your information, i really appreciate it.

I doubt if your US medical will be acceptable for the CP in your country. These are two different processes, the US Embassy in your country has designated medical providers that they use. Plus, I'm guessing you can not directly deliver the medical result during your interview for a CP, it's got to come directly from the medical provider. (But then, I could be wrong). The same thing applies if you've already made the $330 payment to DOS, you will not be able to use that receipt for CP, you will need to make a direct payment to the Embassy in your country for CP.

Yes, CP is faster than AOS. But it's not quite correct that "they always process CP first and then take care of AOS ppl". These are two different processes entirely independent of each other, and completely run by different US government departments.