help me pls

Re: I have updated your rights, Gilbert

Originally posted by operations
I have given you moderator rights over this forum. You should be able to see a Moderators Forum under this link

http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=2

This forum contains all the info you need. Go ahead and say hi to other moderators. Send me an email with your address, phone numbers etc. I will give you contact numbers in our office.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nanok
well.
today my congressman called me and he told me that my case is going fast now. my case is in jury now. they are making a decison. of approval or denial. they passed my serutiy check. and now it's up to decision. does anybody had this kind of situation when ur sercurity check was clear. what is next? how long should i wait? i don't know will they sent me my second fingerprint? or intervew? i don't know someone pls reply.
and thx for everyone who is helping me through this situation.

Nanok,

Have you been fingerprinted yet?

What do you mean by a second fingerprint?

Please be more clear in your posts so that we do not have to make assumptions about what you are saying.

well okey. let me tell you again about my case as i alreday did. in my first post

my aslyum was approved in 98
and i filed in i-485 in july 26 99
and my notice date is november 10 99
i haven't been finger printed the second time and havent had any interview. and i am waiting for approval. so i am waiting for interview and fingerprint and approval.

but my congressman told me that they are making decison. i don't know if they will send me second fingerprint appt. or interview? all i know is they are making a decision.

I am assuming that your "first" fingerprint was for your asylum application (I-589) and that you have NOT been fingerprinted for your I-485 application (and you call that your "second" fingerprint).

Right?

The vast majority of people who filed near your timeframe have NOT been fingerprinted yet.

The process generally works this way: A few months before they are ready to process your case, you will send you a fingerprint notice. After the fingerprint results (as well as results from other intelligence and law enforcement agencies) reach the CIS, an officer will review your file. More likely than not, the officer will then send you a letter asking for more information from you. This could be a new biography form, a new medical exam or (in the past year this is the vogue) an I-602 waiver request form. Not long after you send back the requested information they will make a final decision.

So I do not believe your case has entered the final stages yet.

BTW, do not call this your second fingerprint. It creates confusion here. Your previous fingerprint was for your asylum application and it is no longer relevant.

Originally posted by kaoticfury
just curious, will they deny your i-485? is this possible even if the person does not have criminial record or anything like that?

Kautictury,

They could deny the I-485 (and terminate asylum) if they determine the country conditions have dramatically improved such that you no longer have persecution fears.

That said, they rarely enforce this legal provision.

I am assuming that your "first" fingerprint was for your asylum application (I-589) and that you have NOT been fingerprinted for your I-485 application (and you call that your "second" fingerprint).

Right?

The vast majority of people who filed near your timeframe have NOT been fingerprinted yet.

The process generally works this way: A few months before they are ready to process your case, you will send you a fingerprint notice. After the fingerprint results (as well as results from other intelligence and law enforcement agencies) reach the CIS, an officer will review your file. More likely than not, the officer will then send you a letter asking for more information from you. This could be a new biography form, a new medical exam or (in the past year this is the vogue) an I-602 waiver request form. Not long after you send back the requested information they will make a final decision.

So I do not believe your case has entered the final stages yet.

BTW, do not call this your second fingerprint. It creates confusion here. Your previous fingerprint was for your asylum application and it is no longer relevant.

NO GILBERT

i did had my finger print for aslyum and i had my first fingerprint when i was filling for i-485. now i am waiting for second finger print for I-485. i wasn't talking about aslyum fingerprint. i am talking about I-485 first fingerprint.
i think now everybody should understand what i am talking about. if you guys have any questions pls feel free to ask me.
and thanx again for everyone is helping me with my case.

my first fingerprint was in june or july 1999.when i filed my I-485. i don't remember the date. i hope i answered ur question. i alreday did my medical exam and everythign. so bacically i am waitig for my second fingerprint and interview and approval.
but my congressman told me that my case is in final stage. they are making a decision.

I filed mine in Nov 99 and I sent fingerprints and medical exam with my I485 application. Just my input. So, if they send me another request for FP, it would be second time.

Nanok

You said in your first post that your I-485 notice date was 11/10/1999. Then how in the world could you have been fingerprinted in June or July 1999???

Please make sure you get your dates right.

But in any case, it does not really matter because fingerprint is good only for one year. So any fingerprint they took from you in 99, 2000, 2001 and 2002 does NOT count now. It is like you have never been fingerprinted to begin with.

So I do not think they have done anything to your application yet. So you are NOT in the final stage and they are NOT making a decision for you anytime soon.

Keep up the spirit. You should get it by October.

no actually i called my congressman and he said it again that my case is in final stage.
i filed my case in july 26 99 and my notice date is november 10 99. when i filed my case they took our fingerprint and medical exam. did u get it now?????????????
it's so simple. it's not that hard to understand.
and my sentor called me and she said that my case is in final stage. and my case will be done by june or july this year 2004.

anotheryear

hey recived my file in july 26 so they took my fingerprint and medical exam on june. and they they send the notice date november 10 99.
i have all my documents that said that i took finger print and medical exam. i know that i have to take another fingerprint and that's what i am waiting for.
i hope u don't any confusion now.
if u do. u can ask. i am happy to answer all of you if u have any confusion.
thanx

how is it possible that they received your application in July 1999 but sent you a fingerprint notice in June 1999, one month before? Did you mean June 2000?

how is it possible that they received your application in July 1999 but sent you a fingerprint notice in June 1999, one month before? Did you mean June 2000?