****HELP E-2 5 Year Extention.****

mbud786

Hello everyone, im a long time watcher but recent member. I really enjoy the forums here and have a very very very important question.

My status right now:

I entered the United States in my H-1B Visa. I stayed almost a year and a half as an H-1B status. I then changed my status to an E-2 as an investors visa. In 2003 they gave me the visa as an E-2 and it expired in 2005. I then applied in 2005 and so on, i applied every 2 years until now 2010, i heard about the 5 year extention where if I go to Canada, Toronto to be specific I can apply for a 5 year visa in my passport.

My questions are:

1. What kind of paperwork do they look for?
2. I recently got my approval for my e-2, i-797... is it a good idea to apply in the Canadian Counsolate for a 5 year visa, so i dont have to go through the hassle of wasting time, energy, and money on applying for e-2 every 2 years?!?!
3. Can i submit and apply from the United States?
4. Is there anyway that i can take my attorny with me, or i give the power of attorny for my health purposes?
5. Can i send my spouse, she is also on my e visa?
6. How much is the total bill for this, with the fees for the attorney? Just in general?
7. When i actually go there do they require an interview? Or do they just stamp my passport and let me go?

I have never left the U.S. from 2001-2010.

Please Please help me out, im attempting to do some research and ANY help would be great. Any links, info, websites will be apprieciated. Thanks.:confused::confused: :confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Hello everyone, im a long time watcher but recent member. I really enjoy the forums here and have a very very very important question.

My status right now:

I entered the United States in my H-1B Visa. I stayed almost a year and a half as an H-1B status. I then changed my status to an E-2 as an investors visa. In 2003 they gave me the visa as an E-2 and it expired in 2005. I then applied in 2005 and so on, i applied every 2 years until now 2010, i heard about the 5 year extention where if I go to Canada, Toronto to be specific I can apply for a 5 year visa in my passport.

My questions are:

1. What kind of paperwork do they look for?
2. I recently got my approval for my e-2, i-797... is it a good idea to apply in the Canadian Counsolate for a 5 year visa, so i dont have to go through the hassle of wasting time, energy, and money on applying for e-2 every 2 years?!?!
3. Can i submit and apply from the United States?
4. Is there anyway that i can take my attorny with me, or i give the power of attorny for my health purposes?
5. Can i send my spouse, she is also on my e visa?
6. How much is the total bill for this, with the fees for the attorney? Just in general?
7. When i actually go there do they require an interview? Or do they just stamp my passport and let me go?

I have never left the U.S. from 2001-2010.

Please Please help me out, im attempting to do some research and ANY help would be great. Any links, info, websites will be apprieciated. Thanks.:confused::confused: :confused::confused: :confused::confused:

mbud786
the length of e2 visas issued by the us consulate is based on reciprocity, ie, if your home country issues them out on 2 years they will also reciprocate and issue theirs on 2 years. currently, i am aware of the uk getting 5 years. there may be other countries but i am not aware of them at this moment. i am here on e2 and have also wished that they will grant me a longer period but after i asked the dept of state they told me what i have just mentioned. i also understand that e2's can be renewed from mexico or canada, process will still be the same. since you are engaging the services of a lawyer he should know better.
good luck and good health.