Heading for interview? Read this...

kuchchbhee

Registered Users (C)
My parents went for interview today at US Consulate in India. Their application was processed by NVC and hence all papers were submitted and processed at NVC. They were asked to bring 4 things
i) Passport
ii) Interview invitation letter
iii) Medical exam report
iv) Fotos

The last page of interview invitation letter had checklist of received documents and states clearly all documents were submitted with NVC.

All went well at interview till US official stepped in and asked for Police Certificate, which was already submitted at NVC. Fortunately, I had submitted only a copy to NVC and courriered back the original... just in case. So, it came in handy. (Yes, the NVC had told me only copy is required and they never told original would be required during interview).

However, the US official found the Police Certificate was few days over a year old. Apparently, she declared the police certificate is valid only for 1 year. Says who I ask? Where does it state in the process that Police Certificate should be less than a year old "on interview date". Police certificate was LESS than year old when it was submitted to NVC.

Just another crack.

On brighter side, US Consulate in India seems to have very good settup to submit documents etc. thru VFS. All the clerical work has been offloaded to VFS which they handle with much better profficiency. So, my parents have to courrier new police certificate to VFS.

I wanted to put the word out... in hope it might help someone.