Have you applied for passport within the last month or so?

VisaNutz

Registered Users (C)
If you have applied for your PP within the last month or so, would you please post the date you applied, regular or expedited, where (PP agency or acceptance facility), filled out form online or at the time of submission, and if you have received it already, when?

I would appreciate the info very much.

Thanks.

Besides the applied date, passports are accepted only via PP agents unless you have the circumstances in your other thread. Form filled online or on the paper itself is the same, the form online you have to print out afterward and makes it neat.

Applied with expedited and overnight delivery options at post office on 3/23. Received passport on 4/1 and passport card and naturalization certificate on 4/3. Applied from Dallas - passport office was Houston.

expedite time

I just dropped mine off at the oath ceremony last week.
Expedite and Overnight back.

Sure a bit disorganised dropping it off so hoping it works out.

At least it's State Dept (or more likely a clueless contractor) and not USCIS to blame this tme!

I'll post results.

After you Apply for an expedited passport through post office (which does not require a ticket or itenery) it usually takes 10 days.

After you Apply for an expedited passport through post office (which does not require a ticket or itenery) it usually takes 10 days.

It took 5 business days in my case (expedited via Post Office). Check my signature for details. I was supposed to travel to Sweden on the 6th April. I mentioned that as the travel date. That might have helped. The trip now got postponed.

Thanks dms1. Did you fill out the form online?
I did, but I'm not sure it makes much of a difference. The only difference between the online generated form and the blank form is some bar-coded information. I guess it might speed up data entry slightly.

I would strongly advise you to apply for an expedited passport through the post office. Unless you have all the time in the world, do not apply through routine service. If you want to know why, just read my signature.

I applied 27th Feb, via regular service at a post office. I filled out the form online and printed it. I received my passport back 3rd April. I applied in the LA area, but, my passport was sent from Charleston, NC,

According the that state gov website, regular processing is currently taking between 4-6 weeks.Is seems reasonable that as the need for a passport for land crossing to Mexico/Canada draws nearer, there will be more applicants, and processing time will be longer.

Super Fast Passport Process

I applied ppt on April 3 and today i received my ppt through regular process in the post office. It took only one week. That is amazing.

Thanks all,
nva2009

That's insane. Don't understand the huge differences in processing times. Some people get it in one week, some 3 weeks - all with the same nat cert. I applied with expedited service - lets see what happens.

I wonder if they have to wait for their system to update when dealing with new citizens. I went to the Social Security office right after the oath and one of the managers was training a new employee and giving her step by step directions.

When changing my status from PR to citizen they had a new system in place that allowed them to enter the Nat. Certificate # and A# to verify citizenship. I was still a PR as in the system. She said they couldn't process my request immediatly.They had to make a copy of Nat. Ceritificate and retry in a couple of weeks. Since I didn't order a new card I don't when that is going to happen.

I wonder if Dept of State has a similiar procedure in place??

This is amazing that you find out that in their system you were still GC holder, I was thinking about this too, because when I got my certificate, it was kind of wet paper feeling. After the Oath someones photo fall off from their certificate too. So they print certificate may be a day before Oath, and right before Oath they take your GC and Oath letter with Questionnaire on the back, so this is your final interview. and if everything goes well they give you Certificate.
Someone lost their GC before their interview, so they let him take interview, he has sent copy of GC with application, but when they collect GC before Oath, they make him fill a form. So I believe after Oath the same day or next day they enter in their system that you are a USC. I hope this make sense.

Anyone got the passport can tell me the picture in the passport is the same one you gave them or they digitalized it?

Anyone got the passport can tell me the picture in the passport is the same one you gave them or they digitalized it?

It is a digital image of your photo. In fact I got one out of 2 photos, that I had sent, back with my Nat Cert.

Last edited by a moderator: