1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1B - Change of Work Location

Discussion in 'General H-1 and H-3 Visa and Related Issues' started by aero571, Dec 18, 2010.

  1. aero571

    aero571 New Member

    I am changing my work location from state A to state B. I will still be in the same role on the same salary just working from a different location. I am currently on an H1B visa. I have been trying to research what I need to do with regards to notifying USCIS and have come across conflicting opinions. Some say a new Labor Certification is required while others say my employer only needs to file an H1B amendment.

    My questions are:

    (1) What is the correct process, does my employer need to file another Labor Certification or just do an H1B amendment?

    (2) What is an H1B amendment that is what forms need to be filled out and what is involved? With an H1B amendment will I be issued a new 1-797A?

    I appreciate your responses.
  2. ginnu

    ginnu Registered Users (C)

    Your employer or company lawyer must know what they need to do if you move Location A to B. They have to get new LCA for the new work location

Share This Page