H1B - Change of Work Location

aero571

I am changing my work location from state A to state B. I will still be in the same role on the same salary just working from a different location. I am currently on an H1B visa. I have been trying to research what I need to do with regards to notifying USCIS and have come across conflicting opinions. Some say a new Labor Certification is required while others say my employer only needs to file an H1B amendment.

My questions are:

(1) What is the correct process, does my employer need to file another Labor Certification or just do an H1B amendment?

(2) What is an H1B amendment that is what forms need to be filled out and what is involved? With an H1B amendment will I be issued a new 1-797A?

I appreciate your responses.

I am changing my work location from state A to state B. I will still be in the same role on the same salary just working from a different location. I am currently on an H1B visa. I have been trying to research what I need to do with regards to notifying USCIS and have come across conflicting opinions. Some say a new Labor Certification is required while others say my employer only needs to file an H1B amendment.

My questions are:

(1) What is the correct process, does my employer need to file another Labor Certification or just do an H1B amendment?

(2) What is an H1B amendment that is what forms need to be filled out and what is involved? With an H1B amendment will I be issued a new 1-797A?

I appreciate your responses.

Your employer or company lawyer must know what they need to do if you move Location A to B. They have to get new LCA for the new work location