H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

paradesi2000 said:
My case status: "RIR" from screen shot which i received from DBPC
My case status is also RIR from screen shot received from PBPC, i got the screen shot back today, i requested on Tuesday, 19th july 2005. PD is April 7th 2002 and case received date(i think to PBPC) is 10/4/2004. I got the 45 day letter in dec 2004 and replied next day.

From which BPC did you apply for Screen Shot?

Thanks for your reply!
When will your H-1B be expired?

RIR and non RIR

Hi everybody,
I requested a case status from TWC on my denied case(RIR) back on August 2002, they replied that your case got denied for RIR but has been reactivated on Dec 2004 and will be sent to Backlog Center in Texas in a few weeks and will be processed as a basic case (I guess non RIR).
What is the difference between RIR and non RIR cases?
Does anyone know, how this is going to work for me?
Will Priority Date be considered?

Position: Computer Systems Engineer

Thanks in Advance,
roro13

roro13 said:
Hi everybody,
I requested a case status from TWC on my denied case(RIR) back on August 2002, they replied that your case got denied for RIR but has been reactivated on Dec 2004 and will be sent to Backlog Center in Texas in a few weeks and will be processed as a basic case (I guess non RIR).
What is the difference between RIR and non RIR cases?
Does anyone know, how this is going to work for me?
Will Priority Date be considered?

Position: Computer Systems Engineer

Thanks in Advance,
roro13

roro,

if you have the case number from TWC, send email to H1B7YR@dal.dflc.us, giving ur name, employer name, when u applied for LC and dates, and ask them for the screen shot, saying you need to apply for 7th year, you will know what the status of your case is...

Any one applied or granted H1B 7Yr extension while your GC case is mistakenly closed by BEC.

Case Closings by the Backlog Center

If your GC Case is mistakenly closed by BEC maybe this article will be of help to you.

The Department has instructed that those cases for which a letter was erroneously generated by a Backlog Reduction Center indicating that the case was closed for failure to respond to a 45-day letter must follow certain procedures to reinstate the cases. This procedure only applies to those who received the closure letter in error either because a response was submitted or the 45 day letter was never received. The reinstatement procedure is as follows:

* Respond to the closure letter by asking that the case be reopened.
* The letter must specify the reason the closure is in error.
* The letter must also enclose the documentation requested, if the 45 day letter it was received.

AILA has graciously agreed to forward the all this information to the appropriate officials at the Department of Labor. Send the letter and supporting documentation, if applicable, to Crystal Williams at the AILA national office, at cwilliams@aila.org, for forwarding to DOL.

VAMAX said:
Any one applied or granted H1B 7Yr extension while your GC case is mistakenly closed by BEC.

Thank you very much GC_from_NJ.

My lawyer is working with BEC to re-open my case for past 4 months. BEC office called my lawyer and informed that they will re-open my case with in 2 month and 2 months has passed but no word from them. What my lawyer told me, your 45 days letter should be good enough to get your 7 Yr extension. I am just checking did any one have similar situation

GC_from_NJ said:
If your GC Case is mistakenly closed by BEC maybe this article will be of help to you.

The Department has instructed that those cases for which a letter was erroneously generated by a Backlog Reduction Center indicating that the case was closed for failure to respond to a 45-day letter must follow certain procedures to reinstate the cases. This procedure only applies to those who received the closure letter in error either because a response was submitted or the 45 day letter was never received. The reinstatement procedure is as follows:

* Respond to the closure letter by asking that the case be reopened.
* The letter must specify the reason the closure is in error.
* The letter must also enclose the documentation requested, if the 45 day letter it was received.

AILA has graciously agreed to forward the all this information to the appropriate officials at the Department of Labor. Send the letter and supporting documentation, if applicable, to Crystal Williams at the AILA national office, at cwilliams@aila.org, for forwarding to DOL.

Don't worry !!

I agree that your 45 day letter should be proof enough to file for your 7th year extension. I am sure it will be resolved by PBEC as it has been publicly documented.
PBEC is still in the process of data entry which they are expecting to complete by Sept-Oct timeframe and due to the shortage of resources in PBEC genuine cases like yours which needs immediate attention are suffering.

Luckily you have got a lawyer who is pursuing the case and you should hear back something.... do keep us updated !!

Good luck !!

VAMAX said:
Thank you very much GC_from_NJ.

My lawyer is working with BEC to re-open my case for past 4 months. BEC office called my lawyer and informed that they will re-open my case with in 2 month and 2 months has passed but no word from them. What my lawyer told me, your 45 days letter should be good enough to get your 7 Yr extension. I am just checking did any one have similar situation

Screen Shot with two ETA# for the same Employer!!!

I've got my Screen Shot from Phi in a day, but it has two different ETA#!!!!
Is that normal? In fact, it has two portion as "Case Information" each portion has the same Info. except ETA#!!!!

Your response will be greatly appreciated!
roro13

Last edited by a moderator:
roro13

Is you case mistakenly closed?. The reason why i am asking is according to my lawyer if you case is mistakenly, BPC will re-enter your case again and generate new case no and send out 45 day letter.

roro13 said:
I've got my Screen Shot from Phi in a day, but it has two different ETA#!!!!
Is that normal? In fact, it has two portion as "Case Information" each portion has the same Info. except ETA#!!!!

Your response will be greatly appreciated!
roro13

Not sure!

Thanks for your reply!
RIR, EB3 in NY shipped to Phi BEC(Not 45 days letter yet)
PD: 02/27/03
Case Received Date: 02/27/03
ETA#:T-05187-00XXX
Case Status: Incomplete
Case Source: State

I'm not quite sure what happened!!! My lawyer doesn't know either!!
Does anyone know how can i contact them in this regard?
Does anyone know what is the difference between case source of "State" and
"Region" in BEC as far as processing time?

Thanks,
roro13

Last edited by a moderator:
received the screen shot the same day for LC pending proof

Hi,
I just wanted to share with you all that I requested the proof of LC pending for 365 days for 7th years H1B extension. I received the screen shot the same day, though with nothing much information other than I already know !

case status : RIR

Hi,

Mine too .. I sent a request in the morning, within 4 hours i got the reply. That was fast.

Now, my case status show RIR as well my Processing type. Any idea what does this mean ?

ben123 said:
Hi,
I just wanted to share with you all that I requested the proof of LC pending for 365 days for 7th years H1B extension. I received the screen shot the same day, though with nothing much information other than I already know !

case number in the screen shot

Did you get your case number in the screen shot?

whenwilliget said:
Hi,

Mine too .. I sent a request in the morning, within 4 hours i got the reply. That was fast.

Now, my case status show RIR as well my Processing type. Any idea what does this mean ?

no case number in the screen shot

Nope. No case # in the screen shot.

I know the case @ the time of filing itself. I know my ETA # too.

case number in the screen shot

Did you get your case number in the screen shot?

whenwilliget said:
Hi,

Company A -> Company B

Hello all,

Im currently in my 5th year of h1 which expires on dec 04 2006. My LC was applied on Dec 14th 2004 and is now in the Dallas BEC center.

Im looking to switch employers towards the end of year.

1) Can I switch employer to Company B and have them apply for a 7th year extention on my "transfered" H1 based on LC applied at Company A? I'll have to wait till 365 days are up tho and then transfer to company B.

2) Any recommendations to transfer to new company rite away? I dont want to do this since they will not be able to apply for 7th year extension because 365 days were not up on pending LC. Can I transfer over to Company B now and still get a 7th year extension somehow after immediately applying for perm?

Thanks,
Ami

I have aplied for my H1-B 7th Yr Ext and got approved in less then three weeks and funny thing is I have applied for one yr Ext but got three yr Ext...