H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

ehmm2 said:
Hi all,

I received my 45 Day Letter a few days ago and my attorney have responded to it.
He said that the next step is the "Determination" in about 3 months.
What exactly is this?What else after that?How much longer?
Has anyone gone to the next step after the 45 Day Letter?
The attorney is always busy,so it's kind of difficult to get to speak to him.

Thanks in advance.
Hello EHMM2

Whats your Priority Date? Is it EB2 or EB3

7th year extension

Guys,

My employer applied 7th year extension in may, since then no news and no LIN number. My employer says that 'they say that due to receipt of too many applications they are back-logged on the applications to send out the receipt notices.' Is it true? Is anybody in the same boat. my h1 expires on 30th sep 2006.

7th H1B extension without I-140 approve

My six year H1B will end on April 2007, but my LC is till pending in PBEC. My PD is July 2003. If I get my LC at end of year and fill I-140, can I still extend my 7th H1B even though I haven't gotten I-140 approve? Thank!

hz_florida said:
My six year H1B will end on April 2007, but my LC is till pending in PBEC. My PD is July 2003. If I get my LC at end of year and fill I-140, can I still extend my 7th H1B even though I haven't gotten I-140 approve? Thank!

When your LC or I-140 is pending you can apply for ext. one year at a time, when you get your I-140 approval you can apply for 3 years ext. correct me if am wrong.

8th Year Extension

Hi

My case is : - H1 7th Year expire Jan 2007
LC applied by present company: - Oct 2004

My question is that if I join a new company now and my new company file for my Perm LC. After that my new company file for I-140, can I get H1 extension based on that?

Please advice

thanks
Sandeep Sahai

ssahai said:
Hi

My case is : - H1 7th Year expire Jan 2007
LC applied by present company: - Oct 2004

My question is that if I join a new company now and my new company file for my Perm LC. After that my new company file for I-140, can I get H1 extension based on that?

Please advice

thanks
Sandeep Sahai

Hi Ssahai,

You will have to make sure that you get your I-140 approved before your final 7th year expiry date. And also make sure to file I-140 with EB2 category to make process little faster.Once you get I-140 approved then you can file for your further H1 extensions. 365 days rule does not apply to I-140 approved cases. In my opinion if you can change the company within coming 15-20 days then it will be fine. If you think it is gonna to take little longer then I would join other company after having approved H1 extension with old company first.

Example: EB2 14-Jan-2007 - H1 7th yr. expiry date
09/10/2006 - Joining date to the new company and apply for H1
transfer

09/11/2006 - Layer files for PERM

---- 2 month wait period for job order etc..----

11/24/2006 - you get PERM approval
11/25/2006 - you file I-140
12/15/2006 - you get I -140 approved.
From 12/16/2006 to one day before your expiry date - file for H1
extension

Note: This is just opinion not a legal advise.Please take legal advise from professional lawyers or subject matter experts.

- Bharat Premi

7th Year Extension based on previously LC

Hi

My 7th Year extension will expire in Jan 2007, I want to know if I can change my company and my new company can file for my H1 extension based on LC application filed by my previous employer.

Thanks
Sandeep

H1B Extension at Vermont Service Center

Hello Guys,

I am planning to apply for H1B extension ---8th year ext.

How long it takes to get the approval from Vermont Service center, any idea?

According to website:H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S --- May28,2006.

Anyone got H1b approval recently from Vermont service center please post your details.

Thanks

PCChandra said:
Hello Guys,
I am planning to apply for H1B extension ---8th year ext.
How long it takes to get the approval from Vermont Service center, any idea?
According to website:H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S --- May28,2006.
Anyone got H1b approval recently from Vermont service center please post your details.
Thanks

Check this
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1526918&postcount=32

Hi All,

I am getting ready to file for my 9th year extention. I have questions on the form. I am going to attach form I-539 spouse's application this time.

On Part 4 - Processing Information:-

Are applications by dependents being filed with this petition?
Do I put a YES or NO ?

Vagcwaiting

certified too soon??

What happens when you apply for a 7th year extension based on pending labor certification and your LC is certified during H1B processing? I got online status changes for both my LC (certified!) and my H1B (RFE) on the same day! I don't know what the RFE is for but if its proof of pending labor cert, I can no longer provide that.