H1B 7th year extension while BEC pending

Did you use any particular Format?

Nice to see that people are getting response within hours. That is not the case with me though.

GCVIRGO,
can you please let us know the format of the email? Also which email id did you use?
It did not work for me when I send it from my gmail a/c.

Thanks in advance

GCVIRGO said:
Team,

Today morning i sent an email to PBEC for my case status and they replied back within a hour with a screenshot on my case. My case is all the way behind in March 2005. But what encourages me is that they have entered partial data for cases that far long.

I am hoping that they finish entering data by June and start adjudicating cases.

Good Luck.

EB-2 RIR
State NJ:
Priority Date: March 21, 2005
ETA Case No: T-05202 - XXXXX

Genius said:
One quick question:
Should I give the same address as on LC application? B'cos my resi address is changed and I have notified INS about the address change.
Thanks
No need of addres. Just name is enough.

H1 Extension

Hi

My story is as follows

My current company files LC in 2004 Nov. This LC is pending with PBEC.

Now I have got a PERM LC via new company.

My H1 expires on Jan 2007, currently I am on 7th year extension.

My question is: - If I join the new company and file for I-140, then will I get a 8th year extension based on my status i.e. Perm LC and filed I-140?

Thanks in advance.

No reply from PBEC

Guys,
I did send the request for screenshot on Monday, no reply from PBEC.
My LC is filed in March 2005.
:(

Help me!

My H1B visa will expire this coming january 2007 while i have LC pending in PBEC, my company want to re-file H1B visa for new position, although the main purpose of it to lower my annual salary.. Here's my question is -

1. It is possible to have 2 H1B visa with possible of different position?
2. Do i Need to continue to extend my current H1B visa with LC pending just to maintain my job description?
3. Is there a problem in the future to maintain 2 H1B visa?
4. If my LC will approve, if i have 2 H1b Visa could it be complicated to file I-140 or I-485?

Hope for your help. I will appreciate it so much.

I AM GETTING RESPONSES FROM NEWS CHANNELS TO THE EMAILS I SENT THEM"

They say they are not aware of this issue, I would reccommend to use 10 minutes of your time to send email to below persons. Maybe something will come good out of this.

Instead of being silent readers and venting your frustration out in this forum and watching movies and drinking beer just write a letter....

I got two responses from two news channels, all they are saying they will do the research and they are not aware of this situtation DOL has created. But they want more real stories from different people...

COME ON GUYS

To: belluck@nytimes.com; sundays@cbsnews.com; 48hours@cbsnews.com; jonathan.wald@nbc.com; comments@fareedzakaria.com; jabenn@nytimes.com; abc.news.magazines@abc.com; 2020@abc.com; thisweek@abc.com; Dateline@NBC.com; WT@nbc.com; MTP@NBC.com; nightly@nbc.com; today@nbc.com; viewerservices@msnbc.com; msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com; abramsreport@msnbc.com; countdown@msnbc.com; hardball@msnbc.com; Connected@MSNBC.com; Imus@msnbc.com; allenh@washpost.com; allenm@washpost.com; aranam@washpost.com; argetsinger@washpost.com; rajiv@washpost.com; cheaterry@washpost.com; cohnd@washpost.com; coopermana@washpost.com; apcar@nytimes.com; peappl@nytimes.com; randya@nytimes.com; barbanel@nytimes.com; dabarry@nytimes.com; barstow@nytimes.com; goldbehr@nytimes.com; brian_hill@metronetworks.com; sheberer@pbs.org; ftn@cbsnews.com; betsy.fischer@nbc.com; plorris@univision.net; abenitez@univision.net; steve.majors@nbc.com; mcurtis@njn.org; stu.schutzman@abc.com; muriel.pearson@abc.com; dij@cbsnews.com; lisa.hsia@nbc.com; mail@uttm.com; pjh@cbsnews.com; browne@foxnews.com; pls@cbsnews.com; gmartin@express-news.net; opinionjournal@wsj.com; mossberg@wsj.com; geoffrey.fowler@wsj.com; clemons@newamerica.net; lakshmipathy@newamerica.net; white@newamerica.net; friedman@newamerica.net; menon@newamerica.net; letters@nypost.com; letters@washpost.com; wsj.ltrs@wsj.com; Joseph, Gar; Laker, Barbara; nschwartz@fortunemail.com; publisher@forbes.com

Subject: "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS FIRST"

Need help with 7th yr stamping

I got my 7th yr extn but planning to send my family to India(not me). Are they going to face any problem when they go for stamping in Bombay. Again remember I don't have my stamping for 7th yr but have my I797 approval.

My concerns:
1> I am not with them during stamping.

2> Will the visa officer question their return bcos of pend labor/GC in process. Is this similar payrole situation.

H1B 7th year extn

Hi Gurus,

I am currently on the 7th year extn which ends in Sept 2006. My GC was filed in NY in July 2002/RIR/EB3. I got the 45 day letter in June 2005 and replied back within that same week.

My question is that can I ask for the screen shot of my case from PBEC's hib7yr email ID to just check on my case status (like it had been entered correctly - TR/RIR etc)

Thanks in advance for your help.
:confused:

sunn1000 said:
Hi Gurus,

I am currently on the 7th year extn which ends in Sept 2006. My GC was filed in NY in July 2002/RIR/EB3. I got the 45 day letter in June 2005 and replied back within that same week.

My question is that can I ask for the screen shot of my case from PBEC's hib7yr email ID to just check on my case status (like it had been entered correctly - TR/RIR etc)

Thanks in advance for your help.
:confused:
Yes you can request for screenshot and you should get the reply in 2-3 hrs.

Hi all,

I sent an email to DBEC to confirm about my pending labor on 4/24/06, but I didn't get any reply from them.

Do you know, how long it will take for DBEC to reply?

Thanks.

Hi All Friends ,

I don't know if I am the only one in this situation or there are many of this kind. I applied in RIR from California. My Priority Date was 05/03/2003 . I haven't got any 45 Days Case notice yet. And the worst of all is , I am seeing you guys putting Case number Like P-xxxxx-xxxxx or D-xxxxx-xxxxx ...I have not even received that new D or P ETA number also ? I just have original 6 digit numeric case number received from california EDD when they received my case ..is it very common or something very strange and dangerous..Please advice as I am right now waiting for my 7 th year extension of H1B... ANd I don't even know if my case is at Dallas or Philli ? I just have first and original letter from EDD saying they have received a letter showing my priority date and original Case paper ?

Do you think its all screwed because Neither Dallas or Philli is sending me any screen capture with this case number and I have emailed them several times in last 3 months...

DO you have any suggestion for me ?????

Thanks in advance

10th year H1B extension got approved !

Yesterday my 10th year H1B extension got approved. See my siganture for LC details. Plans to get H1B Vsia Stamping in Tijuana/Vancouver for visit to INDIA later this year.

H1B Extension:
Receipt Date: March 31, 2006
Notice Date: April 4, 2006
Approval Date: May 2, 2006.

I have an interesting case:

I have been in USA since 1998 on H1B visa (this is my 9th year).

I have an I-140 approved with PD in Nov 1999 (I do not work for that employer anymore).

I got 7th and 8th year extensions based on another LC pending since July 2002.

When we applied for 9th year extension in Oct 2005, the retrogession had started and the above mentioned I-140 was not current and I got the 3 year H1B until March 2009.

But the backlog moved ahead in couple of months and my I-140 is not current anymore.

Then I decided to change my jobs and many lawyers said I can get a maximum of 1 year H1B with the new company since my I-140 is current and all I have a LC pending for more than 1 year.

But my lawyer applied for amending the existing status and asked for "Change of Employer" and I got my H1B transferred for the same validity period of 3 years.

Still many lawyers say that could be a one time overlook from the side of USCIS and that may not happen again. So I am confused whether I can change jobs anymore during this H1B time.

But I have been given non-immigrant status for 3 years (H1B) and there is no law which prevents changing employers during that period.

I am sharing my case status with folks because I am sure many would find themselves in similar situations.

Also sent an email to BEC on June 26th to see whether my LC is still pending, but did not get any response so far.

Also one lawyer suggested I could apply for I-485 which is a personal application on all accounts based on the approved I-140 I have. But I may not be able to provide support letter from the employer, in which case I may have to withdraw my I-485 application if USCIS ask for that. Anybody tried this avenue ? Any negative impacts going this way ?

Also is there any way to know whether previous employer had revoked my I-140 ?
In that case, I won't able to make use of that PD.

Is screenshot necessary for 7th year extension?

My attorney says that he does not need a screenshot to do the 7th year extension. Accorsding to him just the 45 day letter is enough. Is this correct. Please let me know ASAP. I have to file for premium processing this week.

Also how long does it take for the BEC to reply back with the screenshot.

Hi, Those might be simple questions:

(1). Does H1-Transfer require a similiar salary or similiar position? The new employer would offer me almost 30k more salary and much higer position.

(2). Can I use pending labor from my old employer to get h1 extension along with h1-transfer above?

Thanks for your information!
Acton

How many years can H1B be extended beyond 6th year after I-140 approval?

If I-140 is approved, but I-485 PD is not current, how many years of extension can I get beyond the 6th year H1B? 1year, or 3 years?

Thanks!

yhelen said:
If I-140 is approved, but I-485 PD is not current, how many years of extension can I get beyond the 6th year H1B? 1year, or 3 years?

Thanks!

With an approved I-140 you can get three year extension for your H1B.

Excerpt from Murthy.com:
"The second extension provision, Section 104(c), allows for three-year H1B extensions based upon the foreign national's being the beneficiary of a green card case that cannot proceed due to per-country ceilings on the number of immigrant visas that can be issued each year. This means that, if one is subject to visa retrogressions and the I-140 has been approved, then s/he would be entitled to longer H1B extensions. "

What to expect in the 45 Day Letter

Hi everyone,

I was told that my office just received a letter that states that my case has been transfered to Dallas Backlog Office and there's a questionnaire that has 8to be responded by 8/28/06.
Is this the 45 day letter?
If not, did all of you receive this letter first before the 45 Day Letter?
Please advice.

Thank you all.

PD 9/30/04

What happens after 45 Day Letter?

Hi all,

I received my 45 Day Letter a few days ago and my attorney have responded to it.
He said that the next step is the "Determination" in about 3 months.
What exactly is this?What else after that?How much longer?
Has anyone gone to the next step after the 45 Day Letter?
The attorney is always busy,so it's kind of difficult to get to speak to him.

Thanks in advance.