H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

At the interview time

Hello guys,
Does someone know what actually is asked when the applicant goes in front of the officer at the consulate?

Thanks,
- warko01

h1beb2waiting said:
Is it necessary for the individual to be present in person to recieve the passport back from the consulate ? Is it okay to give a authorization letter to say the parents so that they can collect the passport in my absence ?

Thanks in advance
You don't have to be present in person, someone else can receive the passport from Blue Dart.
You need to either have the Blue Dart bill, if you have send the documents via Blue Dart or the copy of the passport that VFS returns you with a stamp on it if you have submitted the documents in person.
Passport will be returned to the address you mention in DS156 form field 15.
Anyone with the above mention document can receive the passport at that address.

rp1975 said:
Thanks for all your updates guys, I am worried now. Its beed more than 15 days that BlueDart picked up my application, and I did not get any email confirmation. I will email & call them to find out whats going on.

rp1975,

Did you receive any confirmation email from them. I have sent my application which they received 10 days ago.
But till now I have NOT received any email about that.
I am trying to call them up but no one is picking the phone.

:confused:

Here r the latest dates as of 10/04/2004

Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Wednesday, December 08, 2004
Thursday, December 09, 2004
Monday, December 13, 2004
Tuesday, December 14, 2004
Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Thursday, December 16, 2004
Friday, December 17, 2004
Monday, December 20, 2004
Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Mehul_Sangani said:
rp1975, Did you receive the confirmation yet?
I emailed them and they replied by saying my appointment is confirmed and I should have received it by email, which I did not. I have asked them to email me the confirmation again. Did not receive it yet.

rp1975 said:
I emailed them and they replied by saying my appointment is confirmed and I should have received it by email, which I did not. I have asked them to email me the confirmation again. Did not receive it yet.
I received same reply from them. Saying they forwarded it twice. I had given my office address but somehow it was returning back to them due to our policy violations. Which I came to know when I asked them to send to my yahoo ID. Which I received it today.

Ask them to forward it to your yahoo or hotmail ID.

You will get it.

iminus said:
You don't have to be present in person, someone else can receive the passport from Blue Dart.
You need to either have the Blue Dart bill, if you have send the documents via Blue Dart or the copy of the passport that VFS returns you with a stamp on it if you have submitted the documents in person.
Passport will be returned to the address you mention in DS156 form field 15.
Anyone with the above mention document can receive the passport at that address.
I believe you have to have a copy of the PP to show to BD fellow.

alren said:
I believe you have to have a copy of the PP to show to BD fellow.
Here is the portion of email I got from them. I sent my documents via Blue Dart

Passport Delivery Instructions::

Your passport will be returned to you within 3-4 working days after your personal interview at the American Consulate.

Your passport will be delivered to you at home address noted on the visa form unless you have indicated that you require the same to be returned at your office address.

At the time of delivery of your passport you will be required to handover the Airway Bill issued to you by Blue Dart when collecting your application pack. Blue Dart will not deliver the passport if the Airway Bill is not surrendered.

It is not essential for the passport holder to receive the passport in person- however the receiving person must have the pick up Airway Bill.

For H1 visa stamping

This is regarding the stamping of our passport for our H1 visas. My wife and I both have our individual H1 visas. I did make an appointment for the interview in my name and I have included my wife’s name in the same appointment for December 2004.

1. So basically we would each get our passports stamped. Is this is the way how the appointment would work?
2. Also it asks me to send the photocopy of the I-797 of the principal applicant. But since she also possesses a valid H1, I should send the photocopy of her I-797 as well right?
3. So if all the above is true, then she does not need to schedule a separate appointment …right?

Please do let me know.

Thanks,

- warko01

neelatul said:
warko01,

The best thing to do is write to info@visa-services.com.
They will reply you in 24 hours. I have sent emails couple of times and have good experience.

Thanks neekatul! I have already done that this morning. But since it would a weekend over in India...it would take a couple of days for me to get the response.

- warko01

warko01 said:
Thanks neekatul! I have already done that this morning. But since it would a weekend over in India...it would take a couple of days for me to get the response.

- warko01

Does anyone know if there is a way to send the required documents for the appointment confirmation from USA thru Blue Dart or has it to be from Mumbai address only?

Thanks,
-warko01

warko01,

I have sent my all papers to my relative in Ahmedabad thru USPS. My relative is going to hand over the bunch of papers along with drafts in Rupees to Blue Dart office personally on Monday. I will let you know once I receive confirmation from the consulate.

neelatul said:
warko01,

I have sent my all papers to my relative in Ahmedabad thru USPS. My relative is going to hand over the bunch of papers along with drafts in Rupees to Blue Dart office personally on Monday. I will let you know once I receive confirmation from the consulate.

Thanks for the information neelatul (sorry for misspelling the last time). Yes I plan to do the same by sending it to my parents in Mumbai but just wanted to check if anything of that sort is possible :)

Also I assume that on the Visa Application Form DS-156, in the column #15 for Home Address you have entered the Local Address in India where your passport would be later mailed after the interview.. right?

Thanks,
- warko01

warko01 said:
Also I assume that on the Visa Application Form DS-156, in the column #15 for Home Address you have entered the Local Address in India where your passport would be later mailed after the interview.. right?

Thanks,
- warko01

Yes, I have entered my local address in India as home address.

Has anyone received your appointment confirmation email from VISA-SERVISES in Mumbai. Also, after you send in all the documents to VISA-SERVIES how long do we have to wait for getting this email confirmation of the date of interview.

Regards,