H1 Visa Revalidation Experiences - Mumbai Consulate

I got an appt for 9th Nov. I thought earlier the better. I am getting to mumbai on 7th.

zzyy Thanks for informing me.

iminus said:
Hi have booked myself for Nov 1st.
Saturday I could see dates till 9th November.
iminus, please post your experience. It will be helpful to a lot of us here.

iminus said:
I am not sure if at the embassy will ask about your salary or not. It mainly applies during LCA for H1 where prevailing wages have to be mentioned.
Best thing would be consult your lawyers who applied for H1 or any other immigration professional.

All the best

thanks for replying, my lawyer says there should'nt be ay problem, but I was just worried as Iam just a Bcom guy, .... do u think Mexico is a better bet for first time stamping???? ..... thanks once again

rp1975,

Did you sent the docs (DS156/157 etc) to mumbai consulate.
I was checking forms available at visa-services.com site
(and even at https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1), these forms are already expired (on right top it says Expires 8/31/2004), any idea from where we can get
the latest ones.

I'm waiting for Nov 21st appnt date.

pittya said:
thanks for replying, my lawyer says there should'nt be ay problem, but I was just worried as Iam just a Bcom guy, .... do u think Mexico is a better bet for first time stamping???? ..... thanks once again

I wish I could help you with that.
You could find more info on other threads of the board where people have posted their experiences about stamping from Canada/Mexico.
All the best!!!!

zzyy said:
rp1975,

(and even at https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1), these forms are already expired (on right top it says Expires 8/31/2004), any idea from where we can get
the latest ones.

Well, u r correct. I never noticed that and I thing nor did USCIS. Their electronic visa application site and also the non electronic one shows the same form.
Form DS157 has an expiry date of 7/31/2005.
I have emailed the visa-services, lets wait and see what they say. I myself need to send the forms to India with my wife in couple of days.

Check this

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=142750

sunilgandhi said:
Hi All,

My wife and I had our H1 & H4 visa interview at the U.S. consulate in Mumbai yesterday. The interview was a breeze. The officer asked us very few questions. He asked me the following:
How long have you worked for this company?
Who was your previous employer?
How long have you been married?
He asked my wife the following:
How do you spend your time in the U.S.?
Did you travel with your husband the last time he went to the U.S.?

We were in and out in five minutes.

Thank you for all your assistance.

Our next step is to go to the U.S. and get our green card stamping done. We have filed our application in california, but we intend to get our stamping done in Boston. We are hoping it won't be a problem. If any of you have any experiences in this matter, please share it with us.

Sunil Gandhi

zzyy said:
rp1975,

the latest ones.

I got a reply from VFS team about DS156.
We can use the old version.

iminus said:
I got a reply from VFS team about DS156.
We can use the old version.

I called them up yesterday. And they said the same thing. They asked me to ignore the expiry date and use the old form.

You all probably might be aware, but I thought it is still worth mentioning. The consulate is very particular on printing the DS-156 on 2 sides of 1 page rather than printing it single sided on 2 seperate pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mehul_Sangani said:
Can someone please post the latest appointment dates. Thanks.
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
Thursday, November 04, 2004
Friday, November 05, 2004
Monday, November 08, 2004
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Friday, November 19, 2004
as of Monday Morning

Question about letters of employment history

Hello,

I have an appointment with Mumbai consulate for H-1B stamping. One of the supporting document is listed as "Letters verifying your employment history and specific work skills". I am currently working for Company B (versus Company A on my first H1). Does that mean that I have to obtain a more recent letter from Company A stating my employment duration and skills? Thank you for any help in this matter.

Friday, November 05, 2004
Monday, November 08, 2004
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Friday, November 19, 2004
Monday, November 22, 2004
Tuesday, November 23, 2004

as of 11:30pm PDT 09/21

Can anyone please tell how long it takes for the passport to get back once the stamping is done? I am going to go for first time stamping.

Documents to carry

I would like to know what documents are we supposed to carry with us to the Mumbai consulate during the interview day for H1B stamping?

am1979 said:
I would like to know what documents are we supposed to carry with us to the Mumbai consulate during the interview day for H1B stamping?

Checkout these links,
http://www.visa-services.com/usa/interview-working-online.html

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=142750

Passport will be sent by Blue Dart to the address mentioned in the DS156.
If you are sending your packet to VFS by blue dart then preserve the air bill because that is needed when they deliver the passport.
If you are going to submit the docs personally then they will give you a copy of your passport which needed when receiveing the passport from BlueDart.
Usually it takes 2-3 days

Passport will be sent by Blue Dart to the address mentioned in the DS156.

But in my case, I have mentioned my home and business address as US addresses as I live here. So where can I specify local address of India to take deliveries of my passport from Blue Dart ?

neelatul said:
But in my case, I have mentioned my home and business address as US addresses as I live here. So where can I specify local address of India to take deliveries of my passport from Blue Dart ?

In that case, it would be better to ask the US consulate in Mumbai.
Call : 249 44 666
or
email : info@visa-services.com