green card in 3months in dallas

Approval letter...

Can anyone tell me please how long it usually takes to get the approval letter by mail? I received email saying my case was approved yesterday.And they mailed the approval letter today. And also after getting the letter, can i just go to the dallas office and get my passport stamped or is there any waiting period or they give a fixed date to do that? Actually , i need to go back home next month ,so i need this information to plan ahead. Thanks.

Dora interview: October 15th, 2004
Fingerprints: November 19th, 2004
Case approved: June 15th, 2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Didha...nice to hear that it can take longer but they didn't forget us...lol...I have a EAD interview tomorow.I applied for it by mail since I didn't receive the 70th day letter.It took about 40 days from the day I mail it.

DORA Filed - 01/07/2005
FP - 01/19/2005
Waiting

Hi All,

I will be leaving for a vacation for 5 weeks. travelling out of country using my Advance Parole.
People with any experiences/advice for travel using AP ?

Today is day 92 after DORA. and still stuck up on "results of fingerprint recieved".

Will keep everyone posted and also about my experience of travelling using AP.

Good luck

E mail notifications

My experience is that yes they work very effectively and quickly
dfwprofessor said:
Hi Everyone,
I signed up for email notifications - does that sytem work? and do notifications happen quickly when something new is reported?

Good luck everyone

ADIT style photographs are a must now. If you have any doubts, just go across the parking lot of the red brick immigration building. There is a photo shop. The lady over there knows what type of photos are needed. I believe it costs $14 for 4 pictures.

photo style

EricNeesGC said:
ADIT style photographs are a must now. If you have any doubts, just go across the parking lot of the red brick immigration building. There is a photo shop. The lady over there knows what type of photos are needed. I believe it costs $14 for 4 pictures.

On May 13th I used passport style photos and was told this is what is required. I had mine done at FedexKinkos. In fact rather than risk it I had BOTH passport and ADIT style taken. But the DORA office only took the passport ones.

CG

Photo Style

dfwprofessor said:
On May 13th I used passport style photos and was told this is what is required. I had mine done at FedexKinkos. In fact rather than risk it I had BOTH passport and ADIT style taken. But the DORA office only took the passport ones.

CG

Thanks Eric and dfwprofessor.

I found the following http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

According to this effective August 2, 2004, USCIS has changed its requirements for photographs to a standard passport-style photograph.

EricNeesGC said:

I think you misspoke, Eric. You meant, "PASSPORT photos are a must." ;)
Check out this USCIS newsrelease on photos.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf
"After Sept. 2004, USCIS acccepts only full-frontal color photos."

Question on I-130 - URGENT !!!

I got my citizenship recently but had filed I-130 from my spouse when I was a permanent resident.

I am sure some of you guys might have done the same. My question is when you sponsor your spouse through DORA do you again submit I-130 application or will let the immigration officer know that you had filed that earlier and just submit I-485 along with G-325A and medical report? Can I just submit the receipt notice of I-130?

Or Will I not be eligible for DORA as I had already filed I-130 for my spouse???

I know that I am not eligible if I had already filed I-485 but how about already applied I-130??

Please advise... I have an interview on Friday...

dallas_gal said:
I got my citizenship recently but had filed I-130 from my spouse when I was a permanent resident.

I am sure some of you guys might have done the same. My question is when you sponsor your spouse through DORA do you again submit I-130 application or will let the immigration officer know that you had filed that earlier and just submit I-485 along with G-325A and medical report? Can I just submit the receipt notice of I-130?

Or Will I not be eligible for DORA as I had already filed I-130 for my spouse???

I know that I am not eligible if I had already filed I-485 but how about already applied I-130??

Please advise... I have an interview on Friday...

Can anyone answer this? Its real urgent.

anti-climacus said:
"Happiness is the longing for repetition" (Milan Kundera) ;)http://boards.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1169505&postcount=423

As I said previously I haven't received my I-130 notice yet but I have the email approval and I will be taking that for my interview.

My question is not related to me but a general one. For those who has applied I-130 and not approved before going to the DORA interview, do they need to fill out another copy of I-130 or just have to show the I-130 receipt notice? Will the previously filed I-130 be considered for DORA process.

Hope I am not confusing you guys. I appreciate if anyone could provide an answer to this ASAP.

dallas_gal said:
As I said previously I haven't received my I-130 notice yet but I have the email approval and I will be taking that for my interview.

My question is not related to me but a general one. For those who has applied I-130 and not approved before going to the DORA interview, do they need to fill out another copy of I-130 or just have to show the I-130 receipt notice? Will the previously filed I-130 be considered for DORA process.

Hope I am not confusing you guys. I appreciate if anyone could provide an answer to this ASAP.

Bring a new I-130 that has your current status and personal info just in case.

dallas_gal said:

Take the Notice or Receipt that you received when you filed for I-130. Attach a letter with your application explaining the situation and state that you would like to upgarde your category. The officer will review your form before inviting you for the interview so chances are that when you go in, he/she would already know your situation. However, just in case, fill out a new form and keep the money order ready just in case. Do not submit the new form with your set of documents Just keep it with you and give it to the officer if asked.

Fingerprinting

Hy guys,

We had the interview on May 31 and I havent received my fp letter yet. Is this unusal? Has any one else had to go through this? I know the website says that you should get the letter in 10 days. My wife went today to enquire and she was told the the case had not been entered into the system yet and that she only answer questions after 90 days. What do u guys think?

DALLAS_NEWBIE said:
Hy guys,

We had the interview on May 31 and I havent received my fp letter yet. Is this unusal? Has any one else had to go through this? I know the website says that you should get the letter in 10 days. My wife went today to enquire and she was told the the case had not been entered into the system yet and that she only answer questions after 90 days. What do u guys think?
USCIS is getting frustrated with the number of inquires they get and thus are telling people not to inquire for a number of days. Unfortunately, you will get your A# only after the application is entered into the system. The FP letter does arrive in 10 days but I don't know how long has it been taking recently. I am sure they are back-logged (were they ever up-to-date?). Wait for few more days and then you may want to call the customer service number.

FBI Name Check

OK. I got a reply from the congressman's office. It was same as what I received from the USCIS office. The congressman said that they cannot interfere with the FBI name check neither can they speed it up. Also, his office was strictly advised by the USCIS not to submit any more inquiry under my name for the next 6 months. The saga continues…well atleast they prayed for me to get my green card within next 6 months and volunteered to follow-up if I don’t receive anything till then.