GC Interview Seattle DO

Here is my latest hypothesis :D Seattle DO processes everything in batches, so all of us (you, js360, and I) are in a batch... or perhaps 2 consecutive ones. So we should be gettting the same email sometime soon. Thanks for letting us know LasVegas!!! As far as the online status: most people say that it's not very reliable.

Thanks :).. So it looks like everyone whose green card was approved on 11/30 at the Seattle DO got the card production ordered e-mail today. JS360 can you confirm if you got the e-mail as well?

Congratulations Sarak!!!

Hey, I have news for you too. I got an e-mail, a card production is ordered.

2 questions though:

1. Did they take your AP and/or EAD @ the interview?
2. Did they stamp your passport?

Thanks!

nope, nothing for me.........they left us out....even though we were on the same day. but hey, i expect this out of seattle. i dont even care anymore, cuz why should i, they obvs dont.

2 questions though:

1. Did they take your AP and/or EAD @ the interview?
2. Did they stamp your passport?

Thanks!
Kirkland,
Thank you. My IO did not take AP or EAD or either stamp my passport. Don’t worry you will get it.

Just an update... We received the I130 approval notice and the I485 Welcome Notice in the mail today. Hopefully the plastic card should follow soon.

Great News for You!!

LasVegas...

It's over!!!!

I'm still waiting. I was hoping to get the email today (14 working days after the interview) but I haven't received anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation VivaLasVegas! I got the letter as well. I can’t believe… soon, my green card drama will be over.

Same situtaion

Hi Kirkland,

My wife (the one applying for the greencard) and I had our interview on November 5th in the Seattle USCIS office and we had the same experience you did. We also had an asian lady but she didn't seem to speak english very well. She also didn't seem to know much about the US since she had no idea what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was or who Mormons are (our religion). She also asked to see our pictures and commented that some of them are "cute". She also didn't seem to be familiar with the documents which were in the folder since she was flipping through them and asking for papers which were already in the her folder. Anyhow, she said "I will review your folder and you will receive notification within 2 weeks". It has been 3 weeks today and still no notification. :confused:

Kirkland,
Thank you for starting this tread. Kept my hope a life. Today, i got my green card in themail.

Congratulations Sarak!

Kirkland,
Thank you for starting this tread. Kept my hope a life. Today, i got my green card in themail.

It's great that you found the forum helpful! And I'm glad the wait is over for you: if you've got a conditional GC, see you in a few years :D

Update

Hi Kirkland,

My wife (the one applying for the greencard) and I had our interview on November 5th in the Seattle USCIS office and we had the same experience you did. We also had an asian lady but she didn't seem to speak english very well. She also didn't seem to know much about the US since she had no idea what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was or who Mormons are (our religion). She also asked to see our pictures and commented that some of them are "cute". She also didn't seem to be familiar with the documents which were in the folder since she was flipping through them and asking for papers which were already in the her folder. Anyhow, she said "I will review your folder and you will receive notification within 2 weeks". It has been 3 weeks today and still no notification. :confused:

Hi Lamar9800,

I have news on my case, and they're not good.

I went for an InfoPass yesterday to find out that my file is still sitting at the DO and no one had bothered to review it. We waited until finally we were told that some information from the 325A form was missing (I never received RFEs and during the interview we were told everything was in order.) So now we're again back to square 1...:mad: if we had not requested InfoPass the file would be collecting dust on someone's desk!!!! Apparently these files sit there "inactive" until one decides to inquire on their status. I'll keep you updated on the result of my visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yipieeeeee!!!!

My wife got her green card in the mail yesterday :). No more USCIS for her for 2 years and then it's time to file the I-751.

See you then! Enjoy your 2 years as PR :)

I forgot to mention: or perhaps I did mention it before somewhere else. I had planned a trip that I had to cancel because of the long time it took for us to get the IL. Well, after the interview and the promise that it would be only a couple weeks before we've got a favorable response I resumed my travel plans: I was supposed to be flying out today. After my Infopass on Monday I was asked (by the IO after he talked to the IO handling my case) to postpone the tickets. On Tuesday I went back to make sure that my completed G-325A form was delivered to the right person and I've got a new Infopass on Wednesday to see what happened. After that I can tell you one thing: it was not pleasant.

I talked to the same IO I had talked to on Monday and he was kind enough to actually go and try to talk again to the IO handling my case (yes, the one who's kept my file for 30 days on top of her desk w/o doing anything about it) it turns out she hadn't showed up to work... imagine that. So after many explanations, we requested to see a supervisor. Waiting for the IO to find out about my IO took about 30 minutes, and after that we waited for about 2 hours to get to see the supervisor... I do not want to go into the details, but we had a really unpleasant exchange in front of all the people waiting for their interviews: she insisted that I was trying to get "privileged" treatment for my case and that she was not going to have another officer looking over it. Incidentally, I just want to mention that I never asked for my case to be transferred. I only wanted to know why on earth, after we were told that the case was going to be out of the office and gone to Nebraska, was my file still in the same office since the interview date. In the end the supervisor agreeded to have my IO to stamp me passport next day (Thursday) when she showed up to work. I went there this morning and did not see the supervisor. I was called by a new IO who asked me for my ID and my passport and explained she had been authorized to give me a temporary stamp, so I could travel. I finally walked out with a stamp in my passport and will be travelling next week, but my actual GC will be mailed out only in 3-4 weeks. According to the new officer final approval is given by a 3rd IO who will review my case (ready for approval) next.

This process doesn't make sense.

All I can say is: keep an eye on your cases, and good luck!

I had an interview through marriage on 11/05/2008 in Seattle. I do not have any news, yet. any one face the same issue?pls share to me your experience.

we all have the same issue pretty much, my interview was 10/30.....no news at all yet. except i just came here to report that there was a touch today on our i130s. but thats all, i dont know what that means.

well what do you know........minutes after my last post..........card production ordered.........YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!