GC Interview Seattle DO

The interview took place @ 11:45 a.m. but we had been there for over an hour. There were at least another 50 couples waiting and as some couples left new couples would arrive, so the room had about 100 people waiting at all times.

Our IO was a really nice, young, fashionable and very serious Asian lady. Very tiny too :) she called us to her office introduced herself, and asked us to raise our right hands and swear that we would be telling only the true today. She asked if we had our IDs and passports with us, and I presented her with the file I had prepared for the interview. She verified that the address was still valid. The questions were:
  1. Where did you meet?
  2. Were you a student at that time?
  3. What school were you attending to?
  4. What was your major?
  5. What was the name of the school you graduated from?
  6. Did you have an engagement ceremony?
  7. Did you have a reception?
  8. To petitioner: Where did you work before? (We moved to Seattle from Michigan, and that's where we met.)
  9. What documents do you have that can prove you have common assets or a relationship?

These questions were not asked just one after the other, but as part of a very formal conversation, and they were not asked to either one of us, so one of us would start the story, and the other one would continue...

At the end she took the following documents: joint accounts bank statements, car insurance, joint Amex statement, and corporate health insurance indicating our married status (and me as beneficiary because I'm still job hunting.) Finally, she looked at some pictures, but didn't keep any with her. Her feedback was very positive, she said she didn't need the pictures because they rather see the people interacting during the interview. She said that people's behavior tells a lot more than the pictures.

It was very smooth, and I'm certain we've got approved: now the question is when will we get the notification. She said we should hear from them in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping for next Tuesday.

did you have a lawyer with you? did IO didnt at all tell you if your application is approved or not? I thought they're suppose to inform you right away

did you have a lawyer with you? did IO didnt at all tell you if your application is approved or not? I thought they're suppose to inform you right away

All they have to say is what the next step is. So if approved, they will say so. If the file needs a once-over they will say so. If you need to come for a stokes interview they will say so.

As for the LUD someone asked about, don't rely on that too much. My I130 still says "received and pending" but I got the approval notice 3 days after the interview.

She didn't say anything!

She said that there shouldn't be any problem and that I should hear from them soon (so far I haven't heard anything.) I didn't have a lawyer and filed everything myself, but I couldn't see any reason for delays.

We don't have any utility on both of our names. I think bank statement and credit card would do. (She has additional card on my account). Any suggestions whether this would be enough?

That depends on the IO

We don't have any utility on both of our names. I think bank statement and credit card would do. (She has additional card on my account). Any suggestions whether this would be enough?

Trawal: there are IOs that don't even look at your paperwork. There are others that make you feel like an IRS audit, and go through everything. I would recommend that you take as many documents as you can produce. We have been together for quite a while, so I have accounts and tax documents that go back to 2004. Whatever you have in both of your names: health, car insurance, cell phones, loans... good luck, and do not worry. The interview is piece of cake if your marriage is not ficticious :)

we married in September and just have joint Credit Card and Bank Accounts. I will have joint lease from December. Hopefully these things will be OK.

Thanks for your response.

I had an interview through marriage on 11/30/2008 in Seattle. I do not have any news, yet. My aunt had an interview in august in Iowa state, she got her notification two days ago. Hopefully, it won't take us three months to get the notification.

I have requested an Infopass

If all of you don't receive anything by the end of this week I'm going to start worrying: I can't believe Seattle is soooooo busy they have to keep us on our toes until the last minute! :mad:

I hope all of you or at least some of you will hear something from USCIS this week. I will pray for you all.

Be Faithful!

Hey all just got an e-mail from CRIS that my wife's card production was ordererd. She should get the plastic card in a few weeks (hopefully before thanks giving). My I130 peition has a LUD of 11/19 but still hows as received and pending.. weird.

Great News!!!!

Hey all just got an e-mail from CRIS that my wife's card production was ordererd. She should get the plastic card in a few weeks (hopefully before thanks giving). My I130 peition has a LUD of 11/19 but still hows as received and pending.. weird.

Here is my latest hypothesis :D Seattle DO processes everything in batches, so all of us (you, js360, and I) are in a batch... or perhaps 2 consecutive ones. So we should be gettting the same email sometime soon. Thanks for letting us know LasVegas!!! As far as the online status: most people say that it's not very reliable.