Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the principal's green card is approved then you can try for the visit visa. I know my friends from india who got the visit visa and their spouses come here. Try it and it might work for you.

Good Luck.

thank u for the info rm! I am scared when I will get my PD current? I am worried if it takes more than a yr, don't know what to say to the family? I really wish to come soon,. I already sent interview readiness form. Waiting for Packet 4...:confused:

Dear Seniors,

My son got approved on his 824 case in Chennai. His interview also completed after two years waiting. He is allowed to enter USA.The main thing is he is in 11th grade. he has to complete 12th grade to complete his higher secondary education. HE is planning to come US next month.
Chennai consulate did not give GC. They sent passport and one sealed cover and warned that the sealed cover should not open until we give it immigaration officer at port of entry.
My questiosns:
1. When can we apply green card to my son?
2. Do we have to wait certain period once we enter US to apply GC(plastic card)?
3. The important thing is he has to go back to complete his 12th grade. Can he go after three weeks of his stay his in US?
4. How can we keep his GC status while he is in India?
I hope you understand our issue. your valualble information is very much appreciated.

Usually with I-824 the beneficiary gets one year visa that is considered as I-551 stamp and treated the same as green card. Once arrived at the port of entry POE the officer will process his papers and the Green card will arrive on the address mentioned on form DS-230. It can take anywhere from 2-11 months to get the physical green card. Average time is 3 months.
Once your son is here you can apply for the 2 years outside stay. As soon as he gets the approval he can stay outside for a maximum period of two years.

Good Luck.

Dear Seniors,

My son got approved on his 824 case in Chennai. His interview also completed after two years waiting. He is allowed to enter USA.The main thing is he is in 11th grade. he has to complete 12th grade to complete his higher secondary education. HE is planning to come US next month.
Chennai consulate did not give GC. They sent passport and one sealed cover and warned that the sealed cover should not open until we give it immigaration officer at port of entry.
My questiosns:
1. When can we apply green card to my son?
2. Do we have to wait certain period once we enter US to apply GC(plastic card)?
3. The important thing is he has to go back to complete his 12th grade. Can he go after three weeks of his stay his in US?
4. How can we keep his GC status while he is in India?
I hope you understand our issue. your valualble information is very much appreciated.

Applying for plastic card is the part of GC process?

Kamaran thank you for your speedy response.
Once we get I-551, is that compulsory to have plastic card?
In India they stamped on passport giving permission to enter usa within 6 months.
While we enter usa the POE issues I-551 on our passport, is my understanding correct? They do this I-551 have any expiration date?

Usually with I-824 the beneficiary gets one year visa that is considered as I-551 stamp and treated the same as green card. Once arrived at the port of entry POE the officer will process his papers and the Green card will arrive on the address mentioned on form DS-230. It can take anywhere from 2-11 months to get the physical green card. Average time is 3 months.
Once your son is here you can apply for the 2 years outside stay. As soon as he gets the approval he can stay outside for a maximum period of two years.

Good Luck.

Do we need to exclusively apply for the card or at POE the officer will take care of the step for the card process? IF we need to apply can you please detail what forms or I should look for?

I live in rental home. we are moving to other place in next two months. but DS-230 has current address. can you please advise what is the step I suppose to do in communication INS? thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we need to exclusively apply for the card or at POE the officer will take care of the step for the card process? IF we need to apply can you please detail what forms or I should look for?

I live in rental home. we are moving to other place in next two months. but DS-230 has current address. can you please advise what is the step I suppose to do in communication INS? thank you so much.

Babu,

THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF CARDS.IT WILL BE MAILED TO UR HOME.

Once the applicant arrives in USA,they will take the packet (Given by consulate) and put the arrival stamp( I 155) in the passport at airport.It is valid for one year.During this period we can travel many times to India.

With in 3,4 weeks we get the SSN and GC in mail to the address which we mentioned in the DS 230.No need for us to do any thing for those cards.Its always a good idea to move after you receive the SSN and GC cards.

Call the chennai consulate and they will direct on handling the address change.If possible stay on the same address until u get the cards.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Please check the answer from rm101. He answered you in detail.

Good Luck

Income TAX Verfication question

I have a question. At the interview for spouse for I-824 follow to join. at the islamabad,pakistan consulate.. they have asked to bring I-134 with tax papers for the last year. If the tax papers are recently mailed to IRS and the the interview they check the 1040 papers would they verify it with IRS before granting immigrant visa to family members or they just look at the papers without verifying it. Because if the 1040 is mailed recently ,it would be in the IRS system in 2 weeks. So do they actually verify it with IRS or they just look at it .

No. Just give them the 1040 copy along with a letter that you filed the taxes on that day. Also mention the CPA contacts. There is no need to mention that it will be in system after two weeks. Its their problem and they will figure it out. Just give them what they are asking.

Good Luck.

I have a question. At the interview for spouse for I-824 follow to join. at the islamabad,pakistan consulate.. they have asked to bring I-134 with tax papers for the last year. If the tax papers are recently mailed to IRS and the the interview they check the 1040 papers would they verify it with IRS before granting immigrant visa to family members or they just look at the papers without verifying it. Because if the 1040 is mailed recently ,it would be in the IRS system in 2 weeks. So do they actually verify it with IRS or they just look at it .

item no. 8 on I-134

Hi and a very good day to all here.

I am from the Philippines and me and my 3 kids are registered as FTJ of my wife's EX1 visa. My wife is currently preparing the I-134 for us and she is somewhat confused on how to fill up item no. 8 on that form : "8. The following persons are dependent upon me for support: (Place an "x" in the appropriate column to indicate whether the person named is wholly or partially dependent upon you for support.)".

She has no dependents in the US. Her only dependents are us here in the Philippines since she sends us money. Does she have to list us there on item no. 8?

By the way, our PD is November 2005.Hoping for your help and thank you in advance.

Bolog

Better list them in I-134 even if they are not there.

Hi and a very good day to all here.

I am from the Philippines and me and my 3 kids are registered as FTJ of my wife's EX1 visa. My wife is currently preparing the I-134 for us and she is somewhat confused on how to fill up item no. 8 on that form : "8. The following persons are dependent upon me for support: (Place an "x" in the appropriate column to indicate whether the person named is wholly or partially dependent upon you for support.)".

She has no dependents in the US. Her only dependents are us here in the Philippines since she sends us money. Does she have to list us there on item no. 8?

By the way, our PD is November 2005.Hoping for your help and thank you in advance.

Bolog

NCV losing my I824

I was wondering if anybody heard anything like my case.
I married my husband before he got his green card and I'm just finishing up my J1 waiver. My attorney has filed I 824 last year which has been approved and notified to US consul in my country. However, the consul advised us to process my green card through NVC and my attorney asked NVC to process my case so that I can go to US consul for interview. NVC is stating that they do not have notice that my husband's green card was approved (via I 824) from USCIS and asking us to start the whole process again which is going to take 6 months or longer. USCIS also states that they can't do anything and asked us to file I 824 again.
Has anyone heard of such a thing? I really need my green card this summer to move to another job. My attorney asked AILA for help but there's no response so far.
I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Questions:
1) If you are married to your husband before he gets his GC then why he didnt entered your name in 485 so that you both can get it together.
2) Why do you think that you need to file I-824. Its for consular processing. You need to file I-130 since you are in USA. Consult a good lawyer.
3) Are you eligible for FTJ. Check the requirements. I-824 usually go to the embassy directly. NVC is not involved in between. If you have the approval notice you can send the required documents to the consulate of your home country so that they can open up case for you. If the visa numbers are available then your interview will be scheduled and you will get immigrant visa to come here as an immigrant. Once you enter USA as immigrant you will get your GC in mail.
In my opinion your case should be adjusted here as you are in USA.

Good Luck.

I was wondering if anybody heard anything like my case.
I married my husband before he got his green card and I'm just finishing up my J1 waiver. My attorney has filed I 824 last year which has been approved and notified to US consul in my country. However, the consul advised us to process my green card through NVC and my attorney asked NVC to process my case so that I can go to US consul for interview. NVC is stating that they do not have notice that my husband's green card was approved (via I 824) from USCIS and asking us to start the whole process again which is going to take 6 months or longer. USCIS also states that they can't do anything and asked us to file I 824 again.
Has anyone heard of such a thing? I really need my green card this summer to move to another job. My attorney asked AILA for help but there's no response so far.
I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
Answers to your questions are
1) My husband did put in my name on 485 at the time he got his green card. However, I couldn't adjust my status 'cause I was on J1 visa and I also had to complete J1 waiver.
2) I really don't know the difference between I824 and I130. I824 was to notify the embassy or NVC that my husband's green card was approved so that I can process my green card at the consulate.
3) we did try to process directly through the consulate (my lawyer has contacted them many times to process directly) but they're very firm about processing through NVC. They will not accept any application that did not go through NVC. My lawyer told me the same thing that you are saying, that I 824 should go to the consulate directly but the consulate will not process it. According to my attorney, state dept recently changed the law and the consular processing needs to go through NVC now.
I do not want to adjust my status in the US 'cause it will take too long and I have a job that I need to start soon with green card.

Do you have any other suggestions? do you think AILA can help at all in this case?

Thanks for your reply.

Better contact state department and ask them about your situation. I am not aware of any law change related to I-824. They may guide you better.
Even if you go with I-824 it will take around 4-6 months for the whole process to get done. So plan accordingly. You can also contact your local congressman or a senator.
With 485 inside US you can get the EAD and you can start working on that. I am not sure what IALA can do for you.
See what options you got and act quickly.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply.
Answers to your questions are
1) My husband did put in my name on 485 at the time he got his green card. However, I couldn't adjust my status 'cause I was on J1 visa and I also had to complete J1 waiver.
2) I really don't know the difference between I824 and I130. I824 was to notify the embassy or NVC that my husband's green card was approved so that I can process my green card at the consulate.
3) we did try to process directly through the consulate (my lawyer has contacted them many times to process directly) but they're very firm about processing through NVC. They will not accept any application that did not go through NVC. My lawyer told me the same thing that you are saying, that I 824 should go to the consulate directly but the consulate will not process it. According to my attorney, state dept recently changed the law and the consular processing needs to go through NVC now.
I do not want to adjust my status in the US 'cause it will take too long and I have a job that I need to start soon with green card.

Do you have any other suggestions? do you think AILA can help at all in this case?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Yameen,

I am also in the same boat. I got married just before getting my GC and then have applied for I824. Still waiting for the approval.

Can you please let me know if you got approval for I824 and have then contacted the Islamabad embassy or they accepted your case with just I824 receipt?

Further, Did you produce original I140 approval notice? I only have a courtesy copy of I140 and can't provide I140m original as I changed the employer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

thanks and more questions

Better list them in I-134 even if they are not there.

Thank you kamrans. I have been browsing this thread since last night and you really are a big help to FTJs. I found Judex and your case very inspiring and it shows that one must not to give up hope especially if its for the ones we love. I feel the joy of others who got their visas especially other Pinoys like myself who I can relate to and most of all Simala who always brings hope to us and faith in God in her every post.

I am wondering why I have not been sent a Packet 3 by the Embassy? We are already registered as FTJs and documentarily qualified as per Embassy Immigrant Visa Unit e-mail last Nov 2006.

I am also wondering why we are already documentarily qualified eventhough I have not submitted any documents to them.
Maybe its because my wife listed us on her DS230 as following to join at a later date?

When I call the Embassy's call center, they just tell me to wait for our PD to be current for processing of our FTJ visas and it is only at the scheduled Embassy interview that we have to submit the documents. Is this the right procedure to follow?

Thanks again.

Different embassies work differently. If you havent got Packet 3.5 means that your PD is not current. Contact them when it gets current so that they can send you packet 3.5 and when they receive it they will assign you the case number along with packet 4.
Documentarily qualified for FTJ means that they got your I-824 approval cable from USCIS and they told you the current status. So you got to wait.
Yes this is the right procedure. Its hard to wait but there is no other option.

Good Luck.

Thank you kamrans. I have been browsing this thread since last night and you really are a big help to FTJs. I found Judex and your case very inspiring and it shows that one must not to give up hope especially if its for the ones we love. I feel the joy of others who got their visas especially other Pinoys like myself who I can relate to and most of all Simala who always brings hope to us and faith in God in her every post.

I am wondering why I have not been sent a Packet 3 by the Embassy? We are already registered as FTJs and documentarily qualified as per Embassy Immigrant Visa Unit e-mail last Nov 2006.

I am also wondering why we are already documentarily qualified eventhough I have not submitted any documents to them.
Maybe its because my wife listed us on her DS230 as following to join at a later date?

When I call the Embassy's call center, they just tell me to wait for our PD to be current for processing of our FTJ visas and it is only at the scheduled Embassy interview that we have to submit the documents. Is this the right procedure to follow?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.