Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rammy,

I dont think so we need to get the I 55 stamp.In the visa it is mentioned that upon endorsemnet at port of entry it is valid for one year.So as per my understanding is that the endorsement ( Admit stamp) it self will considered as I 55.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
RM

Thanks you very much rammy for your clear insight and case study.
"legally Speaking H4 is a derivative status,depending on your H1 status. So that end as soon as your h1 ends." that's what my Attorney said when I called him from India.I will get ready for F2J interview with due care.

Thanks Again.
Bhooshan.

I got following reply from the Consulate Office. And I don't understand few things what they are asking for hopefully someone here has answer for it.

* They didn't attach DS-2002 form when they replied to my email, where can I download the form?
* Regarding #2, where do I go get the Passport stamped?
* Regarding #3. I have the original document for I-824 but don't have it for I-140 and I doubt my employer will give it to me. Will notarized I-140 be suffice?

Thanks in Advance

Document Checklist for Follow-to-Join Applicants

In addition to the documents listed in the DS-2002 all follow-to-join applicants for employment-based petitions must present additional documents to establish their eligibility for immigrant visa.

1. Notarized copy of the principal applicant’s (PA) Legal Permanent Resident (green card);
2. Notarized copy of the evidence of “adjustment of status” by PA – (stamp in the passport);
3. Original copies of I-797 Notice of Action documents issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) (both the I-824 for follow-to-join applicants and the I-140 for the PA);
4. Notarized copy of the ETA 750 filed for the original I-140 petition, (Alien Employment Certification, offer of employment ;)
5. Notarized Affidavit of support (Form I-134);
6. Last 3 years of tax returns from the PA in the United States;
7. Pay stubs from the last six months for the PA;
8. Letter from the PA’s employer showing the employment date; and
9. Evidence establishing relationship between follow-to-join beneficiaries and PA (photos, e-mails, phone bills, letters)

you need to send the notory copy of granted 140, It does not matter it is from original or copy.
Only thing is with out showing original , you can not get notorized in USA, Of course possible at some places.

SSN and GC

My wife got SSN in 10 days after POE. I applied for SSN again(a day before I got it).GC is still pending. I am planning to go for infopass next week and get the I-551 Stamp. I went in the week she came here for Infopass, and they didnt have the data Updated by then.

Thanks
Rammy

Rammy,
Usually how many days after one gets SSN and GC in hand after POE ?
Is it possible to go out of US with out GC in hand? In thic sae de we need to get I551( gc ON PASSPORT), IF SO, how many days it will take to get info pass ? or INFO pass get information to get passport stamped
puskar

Rammy,
Usually how many days after one gets SSN and GC in hand after POE ?
Is it possible to go out of US with out GC in hand? In thic sae de we need to get I551( gc ON PASSPORT), IF SO, how many days it will take to get info pass ? or INFO pass get information to get passport stamped
puskar

Its always better to get it Stamped on your Passport. Infopass appointments now a Days are very easy to get. Again depends upon, the Office you are planning to go. I was able to get one on the same day. Just logon to the infopass website enter the info and see. Its a Simple process.

rammy,

I dont think so we need to get the I 55 stamp.In the visa it is mentioned that upon endorsemnet at port of entry it is valid for one year.So as per my understanding is that the endorsement ( Admit stamp) it self will considered as I 55.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
RM

yaah I know we don't need to get the stamp. But again officials at POE interpret based on what is written in the VISA and Visa Expires in 6 months. So I just want to get an info pass appointments make sure.

GC should arrive any time. It usually takes 3-6 weeks after Port of Entry.
But I changed my Address and now I am not sure if they forward Government mails. But they did forward the SSN which was mailed to my old Address.

infopass

It took a week time to get infopass appointment here in NJ,tomorrow I am going to have my GC stamped on my Passport;My passport was about to expire ,so I took new passport ( in order to have 551 stamping on our passport ,it should have 1 year validity,I read somewhere in this forum).

Bhooshan

Its always better to get it Stamped on your Passport. Infopass appointments now a Days are very easy to get. Again depends upon, the Office you are planning to go. I was able to get one on the same day. Just logon to the infopass website enter the info and see. Its a Simple process.

Since you are on GC now so H4 is invalid...Just apply for I-824 and based on the receipt notice she will get the visa quickly.
I have never heard of time crisis clause. I would recommend to be patient and follow the path that is certain. If you do this in hurry you might end up in some problem that can create trouble for the future visa too. So be careful.

Good Luck.

Thanks Rammy for your input ;
I need your expret comment on my situation which is perplexing.

EB2 /PD 10 MAR 04 /

I got married on 21st June 07 when I was on H1 (485 pending)
My wife got H4 on 25th June (Morning) from Calcutta
My lawyer got Email on 25th June 07 8:11 PM EST about
my I-485 Approval ;He called me saying that not to bring
my wife as I got my 485 approved and no longer H1 is valid
and so is H4 ;

We are moving ahead with F2J though my wife has H-4
Did any of you come across similar situation where in wife
holds valid H4 VISA ??
---------------------------------------
Some experts comment that as she got H4 before my I-485 approval
she would have travelled with me ;They even say that they have seen
similar cases where in lawyers can initiate special I-485 petition
quoting "time crisis " ;My lawyer is clueless about this.

Pl share your thoughts if you are aware of 'TIME CRISIS ' CLAUSE
where in wife with H4 is allowed to travel and given chance to file
I-485 under some special petition.
-----------------------------------------------
Rammy and other threaders who are knowledgeable
could you pl share your opinion on my situation ??

Thanks in Advance
Bhooshan.

----------------------------

Usually when you enter as an immigrant the officer stamp ADIT also called I-551 on the passport that is valid for a year.
You should get the green card in two months after the arrival in USA. If its getting late and you have to travel you can go and restamp it by using the infopass appointment. This ADIT stamp is treated the same as GC and there is no difference. There is no problem in travelling on ADIT stamp. My friends travelled a lot on this stamp and they never had any issues.

Good Luck.

rammy,
Did ur wife get the GC and the SSN card.My wife received the SSN card last week and waiting for the GC .

Can u please update.

Thanks,
RM

1) What should be checked on question #35 on the part 2 - Sworn Statement for follow to join?(I got my GC thru employment and my wife is doing the follow to join since we got married way before the GC approval)

Is it Family-Sponsored since my wife is getting her greencard because of me?Or is it Employment based since the original petitioner(me) got it via employment?

2) For support documents we need to use the I-134 right?(just to double check)

Thanks.
- Arda

yaah I know we don't need to get the stamp. But again officials at POE interpret based on what is written in the VISA and Visa Expires in 6 months. So I just want to get an info pass appointments make sure.

GC should arrive any time. It usually takes 3-6 weeks after Port of Entry.
But I changed my Address and now I am not sure if they forward Government mails. But they did forward the SSN which was mailed to my old Address.

Thanks for the udpate rammy.Can you please let me know what are the documents we should carry to the immigration office to get the stamping for the spouse.Just the passport is fine? or any other docs?

Thanks,
RM

Thanks Kamran ,for your clarity and direction.
I too have decided to tread the same old path.

Regards
Bhooshan

Since you are on GC now so H4 is invalid...Just apply for I-824 and based on the receipt notice she will get the visa quickly.
I have never heard of time crisis clause. I would recommend to be patient and follow the path that is certain. If you do this in hurry you might end up in some problem that can create trouble for the future visa too. So be careful.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the udpate rammy.Can you please let me know what are the documents we should carry to the immigration office to get the stamping for the spouse.Just the passport is fine? or any other docs?

Thanks,
RM

RM,
Just the passport will be good enough. everything is in there. I learn't that they use the Registration Number field on the Immigrant Visa As the A#.
I took infopass for tomorrow noon. I will update what happens as soon as I come back.

Thanks
Rammy.

1) What should be checked on question #35 on the part 2 - Sworn Statement for follow to join?(I got my GC thru employment and my wife is doing the follow to join since we got married way before the GC approval)

Is it Family-Sponsored since my wife is getting her greencard because of me?Or is it Employment based since the original petitioner(me) got it via employment?

2) For support documents we need to use the I-134 right?(just to double check)

Thanks.
- Arda

If your wife is filing as follow to join (FTJ) then she is derivative of your status. Since you got your GC under EB (employment based) then she too will be under employment based and using the same priority date as your case (date of I140 approval). Good luck!

RM,
Just the passport will be good enough. everything is in there. I learn't that they use the Registration Number field on the Immigrant Visa As the A#.
I took infopass for tomorrow noon. I will update what happens as soon as I come back.

Thanks
Rammy.

They usually Stamp the Passport with the arrival Date at POE. Its equivalent to I551 Stamp along with the Immigrant Visa, Which will be valid for one year from the Stamp.

They mailed the GC on Sep 11th to Old address. Now I am not Sure if they forward the mail. It depends on what written on the envelope, if it has return Service requested, the GC will be sent back(with Undeliverable message).

I have to call customer service for them to send it back. I don't know why they wont forward mails...

551 stamping

H1FE,

Yesterday I got my I-551 stamped on my passport which is valid for 1 year (Till 17 sep 2008);Photocopy of GC is enough to get this stamping and they may not stamp if your GC is with you;They checked my I-90 receipt online and then only they gave me ADIT /551 stamp;I had 930 AM appointment and out by 11 AM.

Regards
Bhooshan

Bhooshan, thanks for the response. I spoke to USCIS representative and she also asked me to apply I-90 for the change to GC. Am planning on I-551 stamp before I send it in just to be safe.

rammy,

How did the 1 I55 stamping process go? How do you know that they mailed the GC on 11th.Is there any way to track if GC is mailed or not.

Thanks,
RM

I Posted about it already.
The immigrant Visa Along with Port of Entry Stamp will work as I551 Stamp for 1 year from the Date of POE Stamp.
You can call Customer Service and ask them about the GC. They can tell you if the GC is mailed or not. but you wife should be there with you when you call them. They also need the registration number on the Immigrant Visa in the Passport.
Now I just have to wait for the Post office to return the mail to INS and after that they will send the GC to the new address. If it gets lost in between I have to apply for I90 again.

rammy,

How did the 1 I55 stamping process go? How do you know that they mailed the GC on 11th.Is there any way to track if GC is mailed or not.

Thanks,
RM

Thanks Rammy for your input ;
I need your expret comment on my situation which is perplexing.

EB2 /PD 10 MAR 04 /

I got married on 21st June 07 when I was on H1 (485 pending)
My wife got H4 on 25th June (Morning) from Calcutta
My lawyer got Email on 25th June 07 8:11 PM EST about
my I-485 Approval ;He called me saying that not to bring
my wife as I got my 485 approved and no longer H1 is valid
and so is H4 ;

We are moving ahead with F2J though my wife has H-4
Did any of you come across similar situation where in wife
holds valid H4 VISA ??

----------------------------
Bhooshan,
Did you get an approval notice? I have received my Welcome Notice and GC but no approval notice.

GC says - Resident since 7/2/2007
Card valid till 8/27/2017

Welcome Notice has Date 8/27/2007

Lawyer copy of Welcome Notice has date 8/30/2007

Bhooshan... Good to hear your story. I also went for I-551 stamp in Los Angeles but could not get it. The guy asked me for the receipt of I-90 which I don't have. So I could not get the stamp.... Also he mentioned that the date 4th june is for I-485 adj date and it is different from I-485 notice date. He was discouraging me and asking why I applied for I-90. I tried telling him my case but he would not listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.