Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
File another I-824. Since you are approved so you have more chances to get the spouse visa even I-824 is pending.

Good Luck.

Hello Guys,

still no info regarding the I-824. Will there be any problem if I refile I824 for my wife?

I am thinking that I changed my application I-824 to I-485 have caused some problem. Infopass didn't help me at all. The only like she spoke to me was "Write a letter to TSC" When I told her TSC rep asked me to have an infopass for more info. She said she can't help and she said Calling TSC won't help.

Even after sending 5 emails to fking lawyer, he hasn't responded past 3 months. I am hesitant that changing lawyer will cause more havoc.

here's the story
After I-140 approved
- Applied for I-824 for myself (wife included) - sept 06
- got letter from NVC (regarding payment) - which was replied
- changed from I-824 to I-485 - Oct 06
- I-485 approved - may 07
- Called NVC to find out about my wife's case, he told me that the case is closd since I opted for I-485. they asked me to email me the PR Card which I did

Can someone please suggest on what I should do? Should I find another lawyer or who should I call to find out if I need to refile I-824 or not?

Please help.

Thanks kamrans and others for your advices. I was becoming restless since I couldn't get any update.

It seems like finally the case has been approved. The current status has been changed to "Cable sent to American Consulate or port of entry notifying them of approval."

I will call to consulate in Nepal on Tuesday. I hope it will get done before end of this year.

Thanks again.

Apply for I-90

I too am facing the same problem;Here is how I tackled it.

1.I spoke with superwiser at USCIS ,she told it is clear typo and asked me to send it back ,it will be corrected .So,I have applied for I-90 on 16th Aug 2007
and waiting for correction to happen.

2.Mean while I have applied for I-824 28th Aug 07 (though it is not reqd at Chennai to create a case no)

3.I will be approaching Chennai Consulate with reqd document to get my case # created as my PD is current now

For more clarity I am providing you imp dates
--------------------------------------
Category EB2 ;PD 10th March 2004

FP2 MARCH 15 2007
----------------------------------
Marriage date 21 st June 2007
I-485 Approval date 23 June 07
Permanent resident since 04 June 07
-------------------------------------

Bhooshan

rammy,

my Residence Since date is different from my I-485 approval date. It is earlier to I-485 date approval date which is my concern. I was not aware that GC will be approved so soon after marriage and situation will be so close.

Just a quick note on the I-824 processing times in the Texas Service Center.

My I-824 application was approved in a month(applied around July 8th and approved around August 14th), even if their processing times show it takes around 4 months or so.

Go ahead and apply for 824 yourself, no need use a lawyer for this because it's simple to fill out, and if you are confused about anything you can find answers on earlier treads on the forum.

Good luck on your quest to bring wife home...(I am also on the same boat with you)

Thanks Bhooshan.. that gives me hope. Sounds like a good idea to apply I-90for changing the residence date. Let me know if you hear anything.

It's amazing. My residence and I-485 approval dates are same as yours.

Wedding date: 9th June
I-485 approval date: 23rd June
Residence Date: 4th June

Do you think this 4th June is random date or is based on I-485 receive date in month it was applied?

As far as I understand everything is based on the I-485 approval date. If your wedding took place before I-485 adjudication date you are ok. Here is some info from murthy site. Look at Marriage before Green Card Approval section:
http://www.murthy.com/fmlytous.html

Good Luck.

Friend,

I have checked other guy whose approval date is 19th June 07 and Resident date same as ours ,ie 4th June 07; I dont think 4th June is a random date,but
what we can safely conclude is most of the 485 approvals happend in that week bear the same resident date;It seems ,sort of bundling happened..
This problem is limited to Nebraska Service Center ,other centers issued
cards in normal way ,Aprroval and Resident dates are one and the same.

when I spoke with that seasoned superwiser ,her immidiate answer :
it is our mistake ,send it back ,we are going to correct it. Politely I have asked her to elaborate ,she said as you are not refugee ,date on GC and
the date on approval notice should be one and the same,which is quite
normal for employment based Greencards.So,definitely ,there is hope!!

-------------------------------------------

As far as I understand everything is based on the I-485 approval date. If your wedding took place before I-485 adjudication date you are ok. Here is some info from murthy site. Look at Marriage before Green Card Approval section:
-------------------------------------
I have very clearly discussed with superwiser,she said :
for all practical purpose ,we treat Resident date on GC as approval date.
As the Resident date on your GC is incorrect ,pl send it back and we will
correct it on par with your Approval notice,till then ,date on GC though
it is incorrect ,will be treate as approval date.

Summarily ,before our wives appear for interview,we need to have
our GCs corrected on par with our I-485 Approval notice.

Hope this helps.

Bhooshan...Thanks for info. Yes mine was also approved from Nebraska center. So thats makes things a bit more clear. I also plan on calling USCIS this week and ask them.

For I-90 I have heard you have to return the GC during the time it's processed. Do you know approx how long it takes for that process. I am planning to go to india during October. I will probably apply for I-90 after I return if I need to give it back.

not a problem

Bhooshan...Thanks for info. Yes mine was also approved from Nebraska center. So thats makes things a bit more clear. I also plan on calling USCIS this week and ask them.

For I-90 I have heard you have to return the GC during the time it's processed. Do you know approx how long it takes for that process. I am planning to go to india during October. I will probably apply for I-90 after I return if I need to give it back.

Friend,

Here is the solution; Go to Local Service Center and show your I-485 and and get 551 stamped in your passport which is good for travel for one year. I have already sent my GC to Service center;even I too have travel plans and will be doing the same ,soon ( as my pass port expiry date is nearing ,I need to extend it before I go to VISA office for I551 stamping).

When ever you call them ,it is very difficult to talk with Superwiser level officer and most of the times we end up talking with contractor who are going to parrot the same words;So,dont give a damn to their words and
politely request to pass it on to higher officer which generally they wont
do.

Dont delay I-90 ,it is always better to beat when the metal is hot.
I am thinking I have delayed my I-90 as I dont have clear direction.

Bhooshan.

It takes 90-180 days to correct it; In my office other guy had applied two months ago and he is still waiting.

Hi, I have a question about follow to join. My wife and I got married before my green card approved so she is qualified for the follow to join benefit. If my wife come to US on a H1 visa, whether she can still apply for the follow to join in US? If yes, then what's the procedure? Thanks a lot!

The process is the same. Apply for I824 and go from there..

Hi, I have a question about follow to join. My wife and I got married before my green card approved so she is qualified for the follow to join benefit. If my wife come to US on a H1 visa, whether she can still apply for the follow to join in US? If yes, then what's the procedure? Thanks a lot!

Hi All
Today i received an email from embassy telling me my wife is ineligible for following to join. They didnot state any reasons why they decide this!!!
My case in summary is CP May 2nd. Wedding Date May 11th and traveled to USA on May 29th. USCIS told me my wife is eligible since your admission date after your marriage. I donot know what to do. Can anyone help me?

The process is the same. Apply for I824 and go from there..
Thanks! If she comes to US on H1b and we apply the follow to join in US, then which consulate should we use for the USCIS to notify the approvement of the I824? Can we list a local USCIS office for the notification?

If we have already applied for the follow to join for her and submitted the I824 which will notify Guangzhou Consulate (my case is in China) before she come to US on H1 visa, can we transfer the case to local office in US? Or my wife has to go back to get the interview there? (then it will get very complicated because the corresponding mailing address in the I824 is in China while she already moved to US).

Thanks rammyrammy for your explanation!

Well what follow to Join Says is that the FTJ Candidate should apply at the Consulate where she lives permanently. FTJ cases are not processed within US thats for sure. Also, there is a Huge list of Documentation need for the F2J interview. One of which is Police Clearance letters from all places where your wife lived after attaining the age of 16. So if she lived in China you have to get them from China. In my case my wife was in canada and i ended up travelling back home for the interview and documentation.
FTJ's are similar to consular processing, not sure if you have the adjustment of status option. Even if you give some address and they send the interview letter , you can go there and get a Duplicate interview letter from the Consulate.

Thanks! If she comes to US on H1b and we apply the follow to join in US, then which consulate should we use for the USCIS to notify the approvement of the I824? Can we list a local USCIS office for the notification?

If we have already applied for the follow to join for her and submitted the I824 which will notify Guangzhou Consulate (my case is in China) before she come to US on H1 visa, can we transfer the case to local office in US? Or my wife has to go back to get the interview there? (then it will get very complicated because the corresponding mailing address in the I824 is in China while she already moved to US).

Thanks rammyrammy for your explanation!

Bhooshan, thanks for the response. I spoke to USCIS representative and she also asked me to apply I-90 for the change to GC. Am planning on I-551 stamp before I send it in just to be safe.

Received SSN card today- 7th September.

rammy/ NJ,

I just wanted to let you know that Today my wife received the SSN card.Did u get ur SSN and Greencards yet.Till now we havent got the green card yet. .My wife arrived on 24th of august.

Thanks,
RM

For new members who started viewing recently.

Summary of Process:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1039027&postcount=1088
http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942053PN.pdf

Steps:
1) Marry someone before GC approval :)
Marriage

2) After GC approval, file for I-824. Please note that many embassy/consulate accept request for FTJ without approved I-824.

3) After I-824 approval, send documents to US consulate/embassy requesting FTJ
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1082084&postcount=1136
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=985829&postcount=1037

4) US embassy/consulate will assign a case # and schedule interview.

5) Appear for FTJ inteview

Interview Experience:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1090677&postcount=1145
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1071557&postcount=1109

List of Documents:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1125854&postcount=1217

6) Enter into US
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1111670&postcount=1176
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1157191&postcount=1249

WHAT IS GC APPROVAL???

rammy/ NJ,

I just wanted to let you know that Today my wife received the SSN card.Did u get ur SSN and Greencards yet.Till now we havent got the green card yet. .My wife arrived on 24th of august.

Thanks,
RM

RM,
Same for me. I got my SSN on the 12th day of my arrival but still no greencard till now. I arrived US last 17Aug. Do update us when your wife will receive her greencard. Tks!

interview frustration

Me and my 3 kids received an appointment for an interview last Sept.6 in Manila U.S.Embassy only to be told that our category[eb3]is not current yet and they will just inform us as soon as visa is already available by October or November.

This is another mess of their system that needs an immediate overhaul,I sensed that the embassy people even wondered why NVC issued an appointment when in fact our category is not current yet.

To all those who already received their appointment,I advice you to contact embassy to confirm or you may end up wasting your time,money and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.