Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow on to join

Hi,
After seeing the thread and advices ( Thanks for the adivce) from this forum Rammy, Kamaras, Judex and many others), I have sent papers to chennai consulate for my family on monday this week for follow on to join case. I have sent email to them about case number. They told me to contact after three weeks, should I wait three weeks and enquire them or call them say after 10 days.

You advice is ahighly appreciated.

PD April 2002
GC approved 2007 June 5
I 824 filed 2004 June , not yet approved
230 part 1 sent on July 15 th 2007

RM,

Thats Correct. The total in INR will be Rs 15960.
I am not sure about the $65 Visa issuance fees.
But I am not advising them to take that. Some one said that its not needed.

Rammy..

rammy or any other on forum,

As of today (July 19th) the exchange rate on the chennai consulate is 42 dollors.So we are going to take a DD for 380 dollors @ 42 rupees.

Can any confirm this.

Thanks,
RM

I don't remember when I called them about the case number.
It was 2-3 weeks after I filed.
So wait a Couple of weeks, Since there are no Visa numbers available it might take a while for them to setup interview.
But when you call ask them to confirm that the Priority Date they have in their System is your PD. I remember for someone they entered the PD as the date they sent got Docs.
And once you know the case number, keep monitoring the Visa Bulletin and Interview schedule at the Consulate.

Rammy.

Hi,
After seeing the thread and advices ( Thanks for the adivce) from this forum Rammy, Kamaras, Judex and many others), I have sent papers to chennai consulate for my family on monday this week for follow on to join case. I have sent email to them about case number. They told me to contact after three weeks, should I wait three weeks and enquire them or call them say after 10 days.

PD April 2002
GC approved 2007 June 5

RM,

Thats Correct. The total in INR will be Rs 15960.
I am not sure about the $65 Visa issuance fees.
But I am not advising them to take that. Some one said that its not needed.

Rammy..

Thanks rammy.We will be taking the DD for 15960.

Thanks,RM

I am going to concurrently file I130 and I485 for my parents before 7/30/2007. On the I130 instruction, it says that concurrent filing should send the application to the local UCIS office. But in the top thread in this forum, it says the application should mail to the Chicago checkbox. I am confused of where I should send the applications. Please advise. Also, can I send two sets of applications in one mail? Thanks in advance.

foolowontojoin

I don't remember when I called them about the case number.
It was 2-3 weeks after I filed.
So wait a Couple of weeks, Since there are no Visa numbers available it might take a while for them to setup interview.
But when you call ask them to confirm that the Priority Date they have in their System is your PD. I remember for someone they entered the PD as the date they sent got Docs.
And once you know the case number, keep monitoring the Visa Bulletin and Interview schedule at the Consulate.

Rammy.

Rammy,
Thansks a lot !

asylee gc

my wife got her gc after we got married, she was at first an asylee now that she is a gc holder does follow-to-join apply in our case.

we talked to a lawyer and he said it did not apply since ftj was not for asylee (i thought otherwise) but we got married after she filed her gc application but before they approved it.

please any input would be great

fyi I am an f1 undergoing reinstatment (my dso kicked me out after he learned i took some online courses)

They are supposed to send you all the originals that you submitted during the interview. They will not give you back your medicals and possibly your I-824 notice. If they dont give them a call and ask them to send it back to you.

Hi,

Can some one answer this please.

After completing the interview at chennai, what all are the documents consulate will retun us to hand? What all the other docs they will mail in post along with original passport?

Thanks,

RM

Your situation is a little different. Remember one thing.. dont lie with them in any case. Tell them in short what they are asking. You will find the general questions asked in this thread. Check out this thread and you will find questions. They will not ask you anything that you cannot answer. If the marriage is legitimate then you can answer all the questions so relax and dont worry about it.

Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gurus,

Would be able to advice, how do I prepare ofr the interview. I have it coming up soon.

I have visited twice on an h1b visa sponsored by a company I am not actively working for to US for about a week each time. I have been working in Europe for another company.

Will they ask me regarding my previous visits to US and on what context and will it create any problems for immigration

Thank yo uin advance

Yes in India they will call you for the interview but depending on the visa availability at they time they will act on it. In Pakistan they will not even schedule the interview.

Good Luck.

Kamrans,
Thanks for infomration , it was good news for all the to be immigrent community.
Is this mean chennai consulate( any other consulate) will accept and call the people for interview.
My GC approved last month ( PD2001), i 824 ( pedning from June 2004) and I have sent all req. detials to chennai consulate on July 14 th 2007 ( after seeing advices from you , and spoke to consulate who told me also to send the document to initiate the case) .

Can you please advice :
Will they accpet our application and start processing like calling interviews ect before they clsoe down in Aug 16 th. z?

thanks
Puskar

If they told you to contact after 3 weeks then dont call them. All calls are logged and if you show your desperation you might get hard time. After sending papers to the consulate the average wait time is 3 weeks and it happened to me as well. They will respond you in 3 weeks.

Good Luck.

Hi,

PD April 2002
GC approved 2007 June 5

There is no point in confusion. If you are checking I-130 instructions downloaded from USCIS website then act on it.

Good Luck.

I am going to concurrently file I130 and I485 for my parents before 7/30/2007. On the I130 instruction, it says that concurrent filing should send the application to the local UCIS office. But in the top thread in this forum, it says the application should mail to the Chicago checkbox. I am confused of where I should send the applications. Please advise. Also, can I send two sets of applications in one mail? Thanks in advance.

Check out the link thats having prerequisites of filing I-824 in this thread I posted earlier. I think you are not eligible but I am not sure. Please see that link and find it out.

Good Luck.

my wife got her gc after we got married, she was at first an asylee now that she is a gc holder does follow-to-join apply in our case.

we talked to a lawyer and he said it did not apply since ftj was not for asylee (i thought otherwise) but we got married after she filed her gc application but before they approved it.

please any input would be great

fyi I am an f1 undergoing reinstatment (my dso kicked me out after he learned i took some online courses)

You are in the same situation that I went through. If they are saying consulate is notified then this means that I-824 is approved. You should have the approval notice now. If this is the case then send all the required documents to the consulate and they will open up a case for you and will schedule the interview for you. If you dont have the approval notice ask USCIS that your consulate will open up a case without approval notice and what you should do now. See what they say. Rush now.

Good Luck.

I was one of them who applied I824 in parallel for my spouse. My I485 was approved in May but I485 has not been approved. The online message is still from March when they recieved the RFE.

Unfortunately the US Consulate in my country doesn't process w/o I824 approval.

3 weeks ago Texas Service Center rep (I hope she goes thru the same pain I am going thru some point in her life) told that the Consulate Office was notified. I was so excited and sent the Consulate Office an email and so disappointed to hear they don't have any info. Even asked someone inside the Consulate Office to recheck still no luck.

Anybody here gone through Visa Omega Cable?

OK I am confused as what you are asking. 485 is your GC petition and I-824 is FTJ petition for your spouse. Now tell me what exactly you are asking?

Okay, I'm sorry, I think I'm just confused with the term "approved I-824". :eek:

Does it mean approved to just BEGIN with the FTJ processing? Or does this mean that the FTJ petition is already approved, and the only thing left to do is to process is my wife's GC papers?

Thanks for bearing with me

Thanks for the compliments and prayers. My wife is still stuck in the background check and its more than 3 months now. I am still waiting. There is nothing I or anybody can do other then prayers. Where are you upto in your case?.

Good Luck.

the visa bulletin for August is out already just minutes ago, its all unavailable though, but the july visa bulletin has been pushed through with all categories available,, time to hurry with God's blessings for all of us here,, Godbless us all,,,

Kidd, my friends here are doing what Kamrans has been telling you,, pass your wife's 1-824 so that you will not be affected with the July 31 fee sched increase.. A visitor visa will be very difficult with you in Manila's embassy, but you can try, there is nothing impossible in GOD. If He allows it nobody can stop us.. right... Thanks be to a very powerful GOD!

Kamrans, how about your wife's case? I am praying for her and I do hope we will go thru together as I can feel we can make it next to Judex and bisdakdreamer... Amen!

Thank you so much, I know you are so busy now, but its good to know you are there to help all of us... this is something I praise and thank God for,, here in this thread we come across wonderful and sincere new friends, even if we haven't met, I know angels are sent to us in persons like you my dear friends here in the thread of FTJ!

I count it as a blessing.. to all of you there, don't lose hope, everything is possible when we all pray and support one another!

Godbless us all!

Simala2006

Good Luck and get prepare for the next phase of life and probably more difficult one then the one you currently have.

hi guys!

thank God! i just got my immigrant visa... after more than a year of agony, tears, blood, joy etc... i finally got it! Maraming-Maraming Salamat Po!(Thank You Very Much)...

To all the Pinoys and other Co-Threaders, just send me a private message for all your queries, i'll be busy in a few weeks... Thanks!

God Bless Us All....

Judex

OK I am confused as what you are asking. 485 is your GC petition and I-824 is FTJ petition for your spouse. Now tell me what exactly you are asking?

Yes. 485 is the GC petition and I-824 is the FTJ petition. Someone mentioned that even though my 485 is still pending, I can already file my wife's 824, but they won't process my wife's papers until my 485 gets approved. My question is, what's the gain of filing it advance if they won't process her papers until my 485 get's approved?

Or in other words, up to what extent can they process her 824 while my 485 is still pending?

Hi Kamrans,,

We will never get tired of thanking you dear friend! Judex and bisdakdreamer will be coming USA by August and I do hope and pray we can go thru with the visa allocation before Aug 17 for this fiscal year, that means for your wife and all of us,, anyway, I always believe in the power of prayers!

My dependents are waiting for the interview and we have sent letter to US embassy in Manila about our request for the interview so we can enrol our kids here as soon as they will be given the visa, still waiting with hope in our hearts,, hehehe,, you are right ,,, we can only pray for we cannot do anything about it,,,

I would like to ask you kamrans how can I respond to the much needed income tax return requirement? I just started working here last Jan of this year, it will be next year then that I will have my ITR. The hospital gave me though their complete financial statements for me to send to my dependents for them to show embassy if ever that they are viable and will be willing to support me.. what I have also are my payslips and bank statements...

Do you know how to prepare for an alternative or substitute for this ITR? Do you have a link also with info how to fill up the affidavit of support, 134 form? Thank you so much in advance!

Godbless us all,, regards to your wife,
Simala2006

Thanks for the compliments and prayers. My wife is still stuck in the background check and its more than 3 months now. I am still waiting. There is nothing I or anybody can do other then prayers. Where are you upto in your case?.

Good Luck.

485 and 824 will be processed by USCIS(485 1st then will look at your 824, then will be approved simultaneously). Embassy MNL will not process your wife's paper unless your 485 gets approved...

here's what you do: wait for your 485 to get approved, once it gets approved and you received your GC, send a letter/fax to embassy MNL asking them to create a case for your wife, don't wait for the embassy to contact you. documents needed? you can scan this thread for it, i think i have a post on it here or kamrans...

god bless...

judex

Yes. 485 is the GC petition and I-824 is the FTJ petition. Someone mentioned that even though my 485 is still pending, I can already file my wife's 824, but they won't process my wife's papers until my 485 gets approved. My question is, what's the gain of filing it advance if they won't process her papers until my 485 get's approved?

Or in other words, up to what extent can they process her 824 while my 485 is still pending?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.