Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Will take atleast 5 years if you take I-130 route. I feel your's PD date will be current in next 6-12 months.

Visa number avail

My PD is 06/11/2001 EB2 - India. Is there any chance to get interview sometime this year ...

mojavetoo said:
Dear Sonya Sun, ASDFGHJKL123, and SnowFlake66,

Please let me know:

1) are you EB3, EB2 or EB1?

2) did Guangzhou ask you to fill I-864 or I-134 for Affidavit of Support?

I'm EB3 and Guangzhou told me to use I-864.
So I'm just trying to confirm the accuracy of their information.

Thank you and wish you all the best,
mojavetoo

I am EB2, Guangzhou didn't ask which form, but my lawyer said, just in case, I need to prepare two form , but actually, I-134 should be better. Good luck to us. Now we need to wait visa number available, so frustrating.

Retrogression and cross-chargeability

Hi,

I am already a GC holder. My fiancee has her own EB2 application pending. However she is from a retrogressed country and it will take years to get approved. I am born in a country for which EB is current. Can we get married and then she applies for her own EB 485 using spouse country of birth (cross-chargeability) ? I know this is possible when both husband and wife are applying for EB GC together as primary and derivative beneficiary, but in this case I already have a GC, so she is the only one and the principal on her own EB2 application.

Otherwise, I guess its I130 F2A or become a USC in 5 years.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are I-864 and tax forms required for FTJ?

The consulate has informed my lawyer that my wife would get an appointment for FTJ next week. They just asked my lawyer if she is ready with all the documents. They haven't sent her any packets.

Also what documents should she take with her? She has already sent the DS-230, I-485 copy, and all those documents that are required to start a case number.

I do not have the time to send her I-864 or the tax return forms. How important are they?

Thanks,
Shankar

shankay001 said:
The consulate has informed my lawyer that my wife would get an appointment for FTJ next week. They just asked my lawyer if she is ready with all the documents. They haven't sent her any packets.

Also what documents should she take with her? She has already sent the DS-230, I-485 copy, and all those documents that are required to start a case number.

I do not have the time to send her I-864 or the tax return forms. How important are they?

Thanks,
Shankar

Both are required.. If your PD remains current next month you can postphone the interview date otherwise these docs. take long time to prepare. you can send the courier.

rajinca said:
Both are required.. If your PD remains current next month you can postphone the interview date otherwise these docs. take long time to prepare. you can send the courier.

There is Webpage Chennai Consulate.
<http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/appointments.html>(view with IE).
There is a lot of info available regarding Immigrant Visas. and all documents.
I am not sure which consulate you have the appointment.

Groan said:
Hi,

I am already a GC holder. My fiancee has her own EB2 application pending. However she is from a retrogressed country and it will take years to get approved. I am born in a country for which EB is current. Can we get married and then she applies for her own EB 485 using spouse country of birth (cross-chargeability) ? I know this is possible when both husband and wife are applying for EB GC together as primary and derivative beneficiary, but in this case I already have a GC, so she is the only one and the principal on her own EB2 application.

Otherwise, I guess its I130 F2A or become a USC in 5 years.

Thanks.

Read this, what state.gov says.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html

Charge/Chargeable: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens form any one foreign country. This limit is the same for all countries. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Where the immigrant is "charged", means that person is counted towards a given country's numerical limit. For example, an immigrant born in Ethiopia is "charged" to Ethiopia, and therefore counted towards reaching the numerical limit for that country. The person would be "charged" to Ethiopia, even if the immigrant born in Ethiopia was born of Yemeni parents and has a passport from Yemen.

Although immigrants are normally "charged" to their country of birth, and immigrant is sometimes able to claim another for the sake of immigration. You would do this if it helps the immigrant in reaching the "cut-off date" date faster. For example, suppose you were born in India, but your spouse was born in Sudan. The "cut-off date" for a person born in India is earlier in family fourth preference immigration category than the "cut-off date" for a person born in Sudan. We can "charge" you to Sudan, rather than India, and you can use the more favorable cut-off date for Sudan. Therefore, you would be able to immigrate years earlier with a chargeability to Sudan than a chargeability to India.

Good Luck

FTJ help please

Hi every one:

I was wondering on the papers required for the interview for the spouse's immigrant visa under FTJ benefit. My I-485 got approved under employment basis and my wife is in India and wants to file for immigrant visa under FTJ. We married before my I-485 approval.

My concern is does SHE(my wife) need to show in her interview the following things: like my employment DETAILS including job title, employer's letter, pay checks, proof that I am in the same job from which I got greencard etc?

What if I change the employer who sponsored me after the I-485 approval? Can the Chennai consulate deny my wife's immigrant visa under FTJ if I change the employer immediately after my I-485 approval? Do I have to stick to the same employer who sponsored me in order to get the FTJ benefit for my wife? Please share your experiences on this.

My lawyer told me that I-864 is not required for my case, but I am a bit skpetical. Do you know of anyone whose wife went for FTJ without I-864 and W-2 and tax returns?

thanks once again.

re: interview date

hi,

anyone in the forum who has been interviewed lately from Manila philippines embassy for follow to join case with EX category? my documents were qualified july 20, 2005 but up to now still have no response yet when will be my interview date. its 2 months already. thanks

Hit By Retrogression

This retrogression (october 2005 bulletin) has hit us so bad. Does anybody have any clue abt the forward movement of cut-off dates ?

My wife's PD - August 5, 2002
Category - EB3
I-824 approved - March 4, 2005
Case Opened in Mumbai Consulate - June, 2005
Received P3 in mail - July, 2005

I believe they will not be able to schedule interview till E3 visa numbers become available for her priority date.

Any alternate route/suggestions would really help.

Thanks.

My educated guess based on facts

Knighthorse1 said:
hi,

anyone in the forum who has been interviewed lately from Manila philippines embassy for follow to join case with EX category? my documents were qualified july 20, 2005 but up to now still have no response yet when will be my interview date. its 2 months already. thanks

Based on P4 receipt dates in China,
(one of the 3 busiest consulates in the world)
you can expect a reply about interview dates
with Packet 4 (Appointment packet for Immigrant Applicants)
between 2-4 months after your Packet 3 was received.

If you want to chase the Dept of State for an answer,
call:

1-202-663-1225 press 1 then 0 then 0.
They will ask you for your case number, name of applicant,
Passport number, etc and they will be able to help you.

Good luck
:D

Do i eligible for follow to join

Dear Friends,

Recently got my Green Card( I-551 stamp) on my passport. I have not landed yet. I got the GC in F2B category and currently i'm living in Canada as PR.

Is it okay, if i get married before landing to USA???

What are the options available for me to bring my spouse to USA soon rather than waiting for 5-6 years???

Can my spouse eligible for "follow to join" benifit??

Thanks all for your kind response.

MP

Status
Not open for further replies.