Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
divorce after filing follow-to-join for husband

hi,
my husband is in india. i have filed I-824 (following-to-join) for him. but for various reasons now i think pretty soon we'll end up divorced. what is the procedure to stop following-to-join process ASAP and to notify the USCIS that i am no longer married to my husband in india?

also will it affect anything if i were to get married again here in the US?

thanks a lot all of you

kajal

wife's interview at Chennai

WheresMahGreen,

my wife got the entire packet (including packet3) and called for interivew on 19th May. In the packet, they have sent I-864, but from this forum, i came ot know that I-864 is not for follow to join. Is this right that I-864 is not for FTJ and it should be I-134? I have i-134 downloaded from INS website.

could you please let me know what you are submitting for financial affidavit?

goodluck to you as your wife attends the interview.

Thanks
Hawk74

hawk

Please wait a couple of days. My wife is appearing for the interview on Wednesday, and I will post the experience after it is over cuz right now, I can only speculate

Cheers

DS 230 part 2 question

Can someone please advise what should go in the "Petitioner" information fields in DS 230 part 2? Should it be my name and info or my wife's name and info? I am not sure if FTJ is considered to be a selfpetition.

Wife Interview

Hello:

My wife's interview has been schedule for April 26th( Chennai Consulate). I wonder some one can share their experience with the interview, really appreciate it.

I have collected this much questions from various places.

Q:What is your husband’s full name
Q:What does he do ?
Q:What Company
Q:How long has he been there in US?
Q:When did he go to US
Q: How long has he been with the current company
Q: When did he last come to India?
Q: Why did he come to India last month
Q: When was the last time he came here prior to the last visit.
Q: When was the wedding
Q: How many people were at the wedding
Q: where was the wedding
Q: Is that Marriage certificate fake ?
Q: Where did he get his GC from ?
Q: Where does he live ?
Q: Why didn’t you go with him when you got married ?
Q: 1. Who sponsored you? How many people live, or are dependants, of the sponsor?
Q: Was it a love marriage or an arranged marriage
Q: How many people attended your wedding,
Q: What visa originally had entered in US with
Q: They asked to see proof of the visa I had originally entered the USA with.
Q: what is your spouse doing ?
Q: where is He
Q: Name your in laws.
Q: name his Birth place:
Q: what is his B’ date
Q: What is your marriage Day

Is any thing else any one can add ?? Thanks in advance.

Spouse interview experience

Folks,
My wife just completed her FTJ interview successfully at Chennai Consulate. It seems she and one other girl (also FTJ) were made to wait for over 3 hrs beyond their scheduled time. When she approached one of the counters to question the delay, they quickly called them both for their respective interviews -- apparently someone forgot to keep track of appointments!

Anyway, before the main interview, she was asked by an Indian lady working for the Consulate to present the documents. The employment letter I had provided was from December last year. When the lady pointed it out to her, my wife produced three most recent paystubs to prove continued employment and the lady was ok with it. My wife was also asked the following questions by this lady:
1. When did your husband visit you last?
2. Have you travelled anywhere outside India? If yes, how long was your stay abroad?

Then she was called for the main interview by the consular officer. The officer asked her the following questions:
1. What does your husband do?
2. What do you do?
3. When did your husband go to the US?
4. Do you have wedding snaps?

And, that's it! The officer informed my wife that her visa will arrive by courier in the next day or two.

Re: wife's interview at Chennai

Hawk,
I only submitted I134 along with my original FTJ application. They didn't ask for the I-864 during my wife's interview. So I guess I-134 is fine.

Originally posted by Hawk74
WheresMahGreen,

my wife got the entire packet (including packet3) and called for interivew on 19th May. In the packet, they have sent I-864, but from this forum, i came ot know that I-864 is not for follow to join. Is this right that I-864 is not for FTJ and it should be I-134? I have i-134 downloaded from INS website.

could you please let me know what you are submitting for financial affidavit?

goodluck to you as your wife attends the interview.

Thanks
Hawk74

congratulations WheresMahGreen!!

I have applied I-824. just saw the processing dates and as of right now, i think it's taking about 2 years for it to get processed. that's pretty depressing.

do you guys know if we can contact the US embassy directly (using just I-824 receipt notice, just like AC-140)?? may be this way they'll schedule an early interview by honoring the receipt notice. otherwise it's going to be a really really long time.

anyone with such experience??

thank you

perplexed

My 824 was not yet approved when I submitted the documents at the US Consulate in Chennai, India. They did not require an approved I-824.
I read somewhere that a few months ago the State Dept issued a memo to the outposts that they shouldn't require I-824 approval for FTJ. However, not all Consulates are going by this memo. So, please get in touch with the Embassy/Consulate with jurisdiction over the place of residence of your wife and ask them directly.

Hi WheresMahGreen,

Congratulations...!!!!!

My wife also received packet 4 and the interview is schduled on 26th May. As you mentioned in your posting there are two fees mentioned in the letter, one for $335 and if the petitioner hasn't paid $260 to the National Visa Center in the US, then a draft for $65 is required. my wife said that the $260 was striked out. Can you please tell whether your wife took DD for both $335 & $65 or just DD for $$335 only?. I didn't pay $260 here in US but i remember that I have sent a check for $140 when i applied for I-824.

What did you write in Box 26(Name & Address of Petitioner) in DS 230 part2?. Petitioner name should be my wife's name & address right?.

Thanks for your help. Congrates again...

Avisn

I was told that the $335 is the only fee for processing (it includes the $65 issuance fee). My wife took only one DD for the said amount in INR equivalent. Also, the courier fees have to be paid in DD as well. Please ask your wife to confirm the exact amount for this, too.
As for DS 230 part 2, it is my name and address.

FTJ process approved for wife

Hi folks:
I was following this thread from some time now and have gained immense knowledge and information from it!

My wife's FTJ process was approved on 23rd April 2004. Original appointment was for 22nd April, but they have asked for 2003 1040 tax return documents, which she didnt have at that time. Got it approved after I e-mailed the 1040 tax return docs.

I-824 filing date Dec 16 2002. Filed after realizing that I can do FTJ as long as I had got married before GC approval date;
I-824 approved on 25th Jan 2004.
Sent Packet3 information to consulate around Nov 2003. ( it was at this time I realized thru this website about sending the packet3 info even without I-824 approval. )
G.C approval date: dec 10th 2001.
Marriage Date: Nov 15th 2001

You all guys have posted tremendous info here!

Do let me know if yo have any more questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks,
vik100

congratulations, WheresMahGreen!!!

Congratulations and have a blessed life !!!

Couple of quesions:

Have you submitted the Tax Returns for 2003 also?

I am presently in india. Can I get the I-134 notarized by a notary in India?

Can I get the medicals and x-ray&blood test done on the same day if there are no issues?

Thanks
Hawk74

hawk

I-134 needs to be notarized by a US notary or a Consular officer. Indian notary public are not eligible.
Yes, I did submit my 2003 tax return and W2.

Documents

Can anyone answer this:

What are all documents which are Certified by Attorney and which one need to be Notarized or plain copy?

Do we have to send notarized copy for bank statements also or just the originals will do?

Your response will be highly appreciated, as I am also starting the same procedure for my wife and got my I824 receipt last week.

Thanks

mn_ftj, any update on your spouse's interview

Hi mn_ftj,
could you please adivse me on what to take for the interview based on your spouse's interview?

another question is
what filing status did you choose for tax returns?

Thanks
Hawk74

vik100, whats the filing status for tax returns?

Hi vik100,
could you let me know the filing status for your 2003 tax returns if married and spouse is in India for FTJ case?

Thanks
Hawk74

Status
Not open for further replies.