Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckyme9

Once more question

-Does the packet 3 sent mentioned a case number?

Thanks for the info that you shared and keep us posted of the developments, we very much appreciate it.

cool-guy

Ready to file 485 - Pregnant wife in INDIA.../

Sir, I request your suggestions in my case. I am employed with a start up in H1.

1. I am on a unpaid vacation from Aug\'01.
My 140 was approved on Aug\'01
I will be terminated by Jan\'02

2.My company agreed to file a 485 application this week only.

3. But my pregnant wife left for india in OCT\'01 and will deliver a baby by JAN\'02.
both my wife and myself didn\'t have the visa stamped on the passport, but have H1 and H4 approved pettitions.

If I file a 485 petition now, how I can bring my wife and new born into USA to file a 485 application when I will be in EAD status?

how i can proceed? guru\'s please help me to find a way, so that GC to continue for my family too...

Follow to join

My I-485 has been approved and got mine and my wife passport in local INS office. I have a kid and studying in India. At the time of filing my I-485, I have mentioned my son name but not applied for them. Now, I am planning to bring him over here.
Because this is employment based Follow to Join, My company attorney says, all I need to do is just file I-134 at the consulate in India and carry all the latest pay stubs, tax returns, marriage certificate, my son\'s birth certificate, etc.

Is this all I have to do, please advice.

user999

Yes that\'s what you should do and you should be able to bring your child in about 5-6 months.
Good luck.

Congratulations! Luckyme!

I am still waiting. I will submit 824 for my wife after I get my 485 approved. NSC is so slow.

follow to join eligible? HELP needed gurus

gurus
i am trying to scope the chances of sponsoring my spouse in india on the basis of follow to join. I got my approval under EB2 category using the I485 process. if i can get hold of the marriage certificate from 1999 on my next visit to india can i sponsor my spouse right away while i am visiting her? what are the questions asked during the process of interview? please any insights would be greatly appreciated, never realised that family based immigration would be a long wait. so trying to avail of the oppurtunities under the follow to join process for EB category visas.
thanks
popat

my I-824 was approved

I filed on Oct 5th 2001 and i just checked AVM at Vermont and it say case approved on Nov 23rd 2001. I will send the required docs to consulate once i have a copy of the approval receipt.

Thanks to luckyme and cool guy for their inputs.

luckyme can you keep us updated on the status of you pkt3 submission and any pkt4 updates. Also what form should we use for Affidavit of Support when filing pkt3.

Thanks a lot
Indian Guy

No Title

Aparna,

I have been looking into this for a while. The deal is if you were married before his 485 was approved, you can be a beneficiary and this would be fastest compared to through your employer. The question is what needs to be filed - I am also looking for answer. Sheela murthy or rajiv khanna are known lawyers on the net (you can search for them), if you are looking for hiring someone. Doing this process would approx. take about 6mo - 1 yr. And you can also file for EAD and AP at the same time, enabling you to travel out of US and work in US.

Please post update if you get info.

thanks!
Priti

Packet 3

My i824 approved month ago. Voice mail say they already mailed documents to appropriate consulate(madras). Still now we didnot receive packet 3. My lawyer say we dont have to send initial documents.

Is it must to send initial documents or anyone who has received packet3 without sending one.

Thanks

re: Packet 3

Same situation here. Call the appropriate consulate and if your case has reached them they will probably give you a case #( User your spouse\'s name ). Once you have that you can download the forms online and send them filled out to the consulate.

If U wait for the PKT 3 forms it may take quite some time. In my case i sent the initial docs before and after my I-824 was approved.

thanks

PCC for those in India

Friends, How do we get PCC for those in India. My wife is in India for the past 5 months. (Thanks to the screw up by the attorney). How do we get PCC for her?

Do we need to goto local police station and ask them? If so, what is the format in which we get PCC?
OR/AND (please spcify either or both)
Do we need to goto Regional Passport Office and get PCC from them?

Also where do we get PCC for my wife? All her life, she lived in Trichy (her place). She was here in the US for 4 months. For the past 5 months, she is in both Trichy and Madras (my place). We specified Madras as her present address in Packet 3. Where do we get PCC for her?

Madras consul has asked for I-864 in an employment based case

Please help. I just recieved my wife\'s packet 4 from Madras Consul. They have asked her to bring I-864 (evidence of financial support). Her case is only a follow-to-join on my employment based case. In this situation, i thought consulate should ask for I-134?

Guys, anyone in this situation? Did they ask for I-134 or I-864. Please post here or email me at gcnow@hotmail.com. That would be of great help to understand.

For EMployment Based Cased Consulate Confirmed I-134

Here is the message from Chennai Consulate on my question as to whether i should submit I-134 or I-864.

They were clear use I-134, to confirm for yourself send an email to the consulate with Ur case details in brief.

Good luck

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday
Subject: RE: I-824

YOu are required to give I134.
After we receive the pkt3, it takes 8 to 10 weeks for the interview to be scheduled.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

824 receipt

Hi,

Has anyone used 824 receipt notice to file packet 3 forms ?
Espeically in Chennai.

Also does CSC really take 840 days to approve the 824 ?

To Indian Guy

Hi

Did you ever talk to customer service at chennai consulate over phone?
I called 44-8112060 and 8112000 but no one is answering. I wanted to find out about our packet 3. which is not yet received 7 weeks after I824 approved.

Thanks

to raju prabhu

I did talk to customer service try calling early in the morning Indian time , i called around 9:00 AM. Better send an email to chennaiiv@state.gov with your i-824 case # and spouse details.

In my case when i called they stated that they had received information from INS and gave me a case # and according to them pkt3 forms were mailed out to my spouse\'s address. My wife had not received them but i downloaded the forms and I have submitted pkt3 on 12/18. I got the case# info confirmed on a reply to my email.

(They were actually were waiting for PKT 3 submission from my spouse to proceed further processing)

NOTE: A couple of my friends who are also processing like me are still waiting for chennai consulate to acknowledge I-824 approval no information about their case has reached consulate from INS.

I consider myself fortunate.

One Question did you send I-134 alongwith PKT3 because i read somewhere that only of-169 and of-230 part 1 are required and that they need I-134 at the time of Interview after pkt 4. Please update.

Case not reached Chennai

My I824 approved on Oct 22. Yesterday I talked to customer service at Chennai and also received email from them. They dont have my case in their system. They asked me to contact Vermont Service center and asked them to resend.

But Vermont Center Representative tells me they already Faxed this case to chennai and they are not going to take any more action.

Did this happend to anyone else? even after 6 weeks not received case at chennai.

Any help is greatly appreciated. it is so frustrating.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.