Florida District Offices Experiences.Family based cases.

Flyer729 said:
I live in orlando, FL. and here is my timeline:
I-485
RD: January 24, 2005
ND: January 27, 2005 (No FP, I didn't send the BIO FEE)
ND (after BIO fee paid): March 16, 2005
FP: April 14, 2005
Last update: two weeks ago received an online status saying that my schedule interview has been cancelled and that I will be informed if rescheduled. I have an appointment with an officer to find out about my cancellation.

Hi, Flyer!

We have kind of similar timelines.
Hang on in there and keep us informed!
Jane

RareGold said:
Update in my case!!!I received the EAD on mail, today 11/08.I am so happy! Hopefully tomorrow I will pass the driving exam too and right after I am going to find a job.

HI, RareGold!
Congratulations on getting your EAD and best of luck on your driving exam tomorrow!
Jane

Here is my updated timeline:
DO: Tampa
I-130 sent to TSC: 10/2004
I-130 transferred to CSC: 11/2004
I-130 approved: 1/6/2005
I-485 ND: 1/23/2005
FP/BIO: 2/26/2005
I-485 transferred from MSC to the TSC: 7/27/2005
Interview scheduled notice: 9/1/2005
Interview cancellation notice: 9/3/2005
Last LUD: 11/1/2005; 11/2/2005; 11/3/2005

Current Status:
On November 1, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.​
:confused: :confused:

I went to my DO on 11/3/2005, talked to them. They told me my file was sent back to the service center. :(

I-765 approval notice

Dear everyone!

I would like to ask you do you consider necessary to call the USCIS for the approval notice I-765 since I got my EAD card on Nov.18? The online message said that was mailed on Nov 2 and I should call them if I didn't receive in 14 days....I didn't change my address.

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

RareGold said:
Dear everyone!

I would like to ask you do you consider necessary to call the USCIS for the approval notice I-765 since I got my EAD card on Nov.18? The online message said that was mailed on Nov 2 and I should call them if I didn't receive in 14 days....I didn't change my address.

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Dear RareGold! There is no separate approval notice for I-765.
You got our plastic EAD and that was it.
:)

Hello everybody, I live in Florida too.. Palm beach county and my DO is in West Palm Beach.. about 20 mins from my house. I'm doing this stuff with a lawyer and everything was sent to the DO, but they forwarded to NBC/MSC.

I sent the whole package including medicals and after 5 weeks I got my NOAs in the mail. Now, I am waiting for biometrics appointment. It's been 24 days and nothing so far. I was told here in West Palm Beach, the process is faster. My sister went through the same about 2 years ago and her process was about 6 months including the interview.

Jane Green said:
Dear RareGold! There is no separate approval notice for I-765.
You got our plastic EAD and that was it.
:)

Thank you JaneGreen, this was I thought too. No other phone calls:):)

local ofc or chicago lockbox?!?!

my USC husband lives in jax florida, i read that i-485 should be filed at chicago lockbox, but we planned on filing everything in jax local ofc. are we doing the right thing?!?!?!

Did Anyone Applied for iEAD in Tampa?

Does anyone know how to get iEAD in Tampa?
Some people in other DOs in this forum get their iEAD on the same day.
I am wondering if Tampa DO also issues it in the same manner.

Thanks.

To another victim of Tampa DO

CNB, hi!

In some other thread you mentioned that this is your 3rd EAD since you filed I-485 in Tampa.
Would you mind sharing your timeline?

JG

I am happy to see some folks in Florida. I don't know if my case will help others since it was filed with Tampa office directly, not going through NBC.
That means online staus or calling 1-800 to ask questions about my case is not available. My receipt number does not begin with MSC or whatever, and it is on the old system. I have not heard anything from the DO since FP.
BTW, I really appreciate it if anyone can provide the information or experience about Tampa iEAD.

I-485
RD: July 2003
FP: Nov 2004

July 2003?!!!

CNB said:
I am happy to see some folks in Florida. I don't know if my case will help others since it was filed with Tampa office directly, not going through NBC.

I-485
RD: July 2003
FP: Nov 2004

Hi, CNB!
Thank you for posting your timeline. Even thought you filed directly in DO, it is still a very valuable information for the rest of us, who filed after you, since they process applications in order they were received, or so they claim… :rolleyes:
CNB, if I were you I’ll be not worried about iEAD as much as your interview, that you should have had by now.
Two people on this message board filed in Tampa DO after you: flman95 filed directly in TmpDO on 10/2003 and CanaidanGirl, sent to lockbox, on 08/2004. They already had their interviews and got Green Cards, just do the name search.
Of course you cannot call INS and make an argument based on what you read on this forum, but here is more information to consider - the current processing dates posted by USCIS:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=78
According to this table Tampa DO is currently working on cases filed on or before April 2004. Even thought you cannot check status of your case on the Internet, you can check the dates they currently working on and you should be alarmed that yours is far-far beyond. In the link I provided above they ask people, who filed more then 30 days before the posted dates and haven’t gotten anything in a mail to call the national support center as soon as possible at 1-800-375-5283.
You should do that. You should also make a written inquiry on your case to Tampa DO, or even better – make an infopass appointment and talk to them directly.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Jane

P.S. I don’t have any experience with interim EAD, but you should be able to get one in Tampa like in any other DO.

Jane Green,

I have written several inquries. However the DO has never responded to any of them.
I have called the 1-800 to send inquries as well, but nothing has worked out.
I have been to the DO to ask questions but they give no further information but waiting to be reviewed.

Like I said, my case is on the old system. My reciept has a yellow cover page with a hand written name and A-number. It seems that is is nothing to do with the case staus or processing date available on the USCIS web. Do you know if other guys who filed with the DO and already received green card had their reciepts in the same format?

Need to send package to Chicago.

vinda327 said:
my USC husband lives in jax florida, i read that i-485 should be filed at chicago lockbox, but we planned on filing everything in jax local ofc. are we doing the right thing?!?!?!

You cannot file at the district office again. If you do that your forms will be sent back to you and you will have to send it to Chicago lockbox yourself.
This will waste your time and resources. So you need to do it once and do it right.
You'll send the package to the lockbox in chicago and if everything is right, they will forward it to NBC from there. Read the information from this link, it's USCIS link http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm#lockbox

Good Luck

David.

CNB said:
Jane Green,

I have written several inquries. However the DO has never responded to any of them.
I have called the 1-800 to send inquries as well, but nothing has worked out.
I have been to the DO to ask questions but they give no further information but waiting to be reviewed.

Like I said, my case is on the old system. My reciept has a yellow cover page with a hand written name and A-number. It seems that is is nothing to do with the case staus or processing date available on the USCIS web. Do you know if other guys who filed with the DO and already received green card had their reciepts in the same format?

Yes, I know two people in my city, who filed in Tampa DO under the old system.
They both had receipts kind of like you described and they too couldn’t check their statuses or anything, and they both had two EADs before the interview.
Second person filed his I-485 somewhere in a summer 2003 and had his interview in September 2005. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jane Green,

There is not much I can do about this. I tried all I could.
Some folks are waiting long after their interviews.
I will just wait.

Finally! They published new dates.

Processing times for Florida District Offices as of December 8, 2005:

Orlando: July 31, 2003
Tampa: April 1, 2004
Miami: June 29, 2004
West Palm Beach: July 1, 2004

Fingerprinting delay.

How long does it normally take to be fingerprinted by the USCIS in Orlando. I've been waiting since early october and since I've not gotten any letter from them.

Fingerprinting Delay !

I want to share my fingerprinting experience with you guys. My I 485,765,130 have receipt date of 10/05/2005, RFE (medical) -10/24/05, medical RD 11/09/05 thereafter I had some LUD on 485 and 765
Never got biometrics appointment notice, called 1-800….. I was told to wait for the fingerprinting appointment notice. Tried to make InfoPass appointment with Orlando, but it was turned off/not available. Drove 1hr 20min to Orlando was not allowed to see immigration officer without InfoPass.
I called the 1-800 number again, I was told to either write National Benefit Center to request that biometrics appointment notice should be sent to me or wait till after 90 days to call back.
I wrote a letter to NBC and made InfoPass appointment to another D.O instead of Orlando on 12/20/05. On 12/21/05 went to the D.O and the officer told me my EAD was approved already though I never received any biometrics appointment. She signed my 485 & 765 Receipt Notices and told me to do the biometrics at the district office. After it was done, they told me I should get my EAD within 14 days. Status changed online same day that your EAD was approved and new card was ordered.
On 12/22/05 status changed to we mailed out your approval notice. I’m waiting for safe delivery of the card now.
I don’t know when they intended on sending biometrics appointment to me if I had not gone to the district office.

Davidyoung

Notice Received

Hi all. Wanted to share my timeline with you.

Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 packages - 12/09/05
RD: 12/14/05
ND: 12/20/05

Sent the packages to Chicago Lockbox. Resident of Jacksonville FL.

Will keep this thread posted.

vinda327 said:
Hi all. Wanted to share my timeline with you.

Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 packages - 12/09/05
RD: 12/14/05
ND: 12/20/05

Sent the packages to Chicago Lockbox. Resident of Jacksonville FL.

Will keep this thread posted.

Vinda327,
Please keep this tread posted. You're in the best district office in Florida. You'll get approved in little or no time. The staff at Jax office are nice and friendly compared to Orlando. My district office is Orlando, but had to book InfoPass appointment to Jax b'cos Orlando office is useless.
I'm trying to find out if it's possible to transfer my case to Jax. If you have any idea about how that is posible pls let me know.
Davidyoung

Orlando office processing dates

I just checked on the USCIS website and the orlando office processing dates was OCT 2003. How accurate is this? Does anyone knows if this is true? They were processing July 2003 just a month ago.

Thanks,