Florida District Offices Experiences.Family based cases.

davidyoung

Registered Users (C)
It will be nice if florida applicants can share their experiences through this medium.Orlando seems to be the slowest District Office in the country, what can be done to work around this if you live in orlando district area.
What is involved in the proccess of AOS? Starting from submission to the lockbox in Chicago,to having interview.
:)

Received Notices

I mailed I-485 package on 10/03/2005. I got Receipt documents on 10/15/2005.
I-485 ,I-130,I-765

RD—10/05/2005
ND---10/12/2005

Waiting for the biometrics appointment notice.

Choosing District Office.

Is it possible to request that my application be forwarded to Jacksonville instead of Orlando? I live in Daytona Beach and the distance to both Orlando and Jacksonville district offices is about the same. I’m trying to save as much time as I can in my AOS process.
What are the implications of making such request? Should such request be made through writing or calling the 1-800 number?
Thanking you in anticipation of your advice on this issue.

Dave

davidyoung said:
It will be nice if florida applicants can share their experiences through this medium.Orlando seems to be the slowest District Office in the country, what can be done to work around this if you live in orlando district area.
What is involved in the proccess of AOS? Starting from submission to the lockbox in Chicago,to having interview.

I am in Fl, Lakeland, married with US citizen in april, mailed the app to chicago,RD August 7, ND August 11......My receipt number is MSC.I am waiting for FP for more than 2 months. How can I know which is my DO?

Thanks for any suggestions.

RareGold said:
I am in Fl, Lakeland, married with US citizen in april, mailed the app to chicago,RD August 7, ND August 11......My receipt number is MSC.I am waiting for FP for more than 2 months. How can I know which is my DO?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi, RareGold,

Its either Tampa or Orlando. Do you know what county you live in?

The Orlando Sub Office serves the counties of Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Brevard, Flagler, Volusia, Marion, and Sumter.

The Tampa Sub Office serves the counties of Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Hardee, Manatee, Sarasota, De Soto, Charlotte, and Lee.

Jane Green said:
Hi, RareGold,

Its either Tampa or Orlando. Do you know what county you live in?

The Orlando Sub Office serves the counties of Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Brevard, Flagler, Volusia, Marion, and Sumter.

The Tampa Sub Office serves the counties of Citrus, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Polk, Hardee, Manatee, Sarasota, De Soto, Charlotte, and Lee.

Thank you Jane Green. I am in Polk County, so Tampa is my DO.
I am still waiting for FP appointment for 64 days...they said 9o days to process this case.Do you know anything about Tampa DO, how fast they are?
And one more concern: I must go home at least in June, I didn't apply for AP,(just I-485) should I wait for GC or is better to apply for AP? My reason for going home is to pass my final exams for bachelor degree.It would be a " good" reason to approve my AP?

Thanks again for your answer, I really appreciate it...it was my fisrt time using this site.

RareGold said:
I am still waiting for FP appointment for 64 days...they said 9o days to process this case.Do you know anything about Tampa DO, how fast they are?
And one more concern: I must go home at least in June, I didn't apply for AP,(just I-485) should I wait for GC or is better to apply for AP? My reason for going home is to pass my final exams for bachelor degree.It would be a " good" reason to approve my AP?

Thanks again for your answer, I really appreciate it...it was my fisrt time using this site.

RareGold,I will suggest you call the 1-800 number and try to find out what is happening. FP is not suppose to take that long. Tampa office is slow, but it's better than Orlando.
If you really have to travel in June, I will suggest that if you don't get interview date by mid march '06 you should apply for the AP.I believe AP will always be approved as long as you have pending I-485 ,AP are now approved easily compared to before.
Good luck

RareGold said:

Hi again, RareGold!
I’m from Tampa’s DO as well. :D
Here is a link for your to watch for Tampa’s processing dates updates: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=78
As you see they posted August 1st, 2003. Only this is not entirely true.
Besides you and me there are two more girls on this forum from Tampa DO.
One of them just had her interview last month, 13 months after filling for AOS. Here is a link for your reference: Tampa AOS interviews

And here is another good tread I want to recommend for you to check out: AOS Interview Timeline

I sent my I-485 in January and last month (September) already got and interview letter (8 months wait), but as you can see from my signature, it was canceled shortly afterwards due to “unforeseen events” :rolleyes: so I’m back into waiting game again. :(
Jane

davidyoung said:
RareGold,I will suggest you call the 1-800 number and try to find out what is happening. FP is not suppose to take that long. Tampa office is slow, but it's better than Orlando.
If you really have to travel in June, I will suggest that if you don't get interview date by mid march '06 you should apply for the AP.I believe AP will always be approved as long as you have pending I-485 ,AP are now approved easily compared to before.
Good luck

Thank you David.Ok, I will wait until march and if nothing happens I'll apply for AP. I have to apply at my DO in Tampa?As you see, I want to travel for final exams, do I need any proof in this regard? Or would be better to say that I am visiting my elderly parents.
Do I need any medical record from my parents?

I highly appreciate your help.

Jane Green said:
Hi again, RareGold!
I’m from Tampa’s DO as well. :D
Here is a link for your to watch for Tampa’s processing dates updates: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=78
As you see they posted August 1st, 2003. Only this is not entirely true.
Besides you and me there are two more girls on this forum from Tampa DO.
One of them just had her interview last month, 13 months after filling for AOS. Here is a link for your reference: Tampa AOS interviews

And here is another good tread I want to recommend for you to check out: AOS Interview Timeline

I sent my I-485 in January and last month (September) already got and interview letter (8 months wait), but as you can see from my signature, it was canceled shortly afterwards due to “unforeseen events” :rolleyes: so I’m back into waiting game again. :(
Jane

Dear Jane, thank you for all these links. I will check them. I keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep in touch.
RareGold

davidyoung said:
Good luck

David and everyone, my I-94 is until January 2006, and my I-485 is pending.
Do I need to fill I-539 (etension to stay) and I-102 (replace I-94) in order to apply for AP after january, lets say in march? Am I in legal status?

Thank you soo much.

New processing dates for Florida as of October 19, 2005

Orlando ----------------May 27, 2003
West Palm Beach ------ July 18, 2003
Tampa -------------- --April 1, 2004
Miami ----------------- April 22, 2004
Jacksonville ----------- December 15, 2004

appointment for FP

Finally...after 68 days I received today my FP appointment for 10/29 at ASC Tampa......

RD Aug 7
ND Aug 11
FP app Oct 29

Keep in touch. Good luck for everyone.

Congrats!

RareGold said:
Finally...after 68 days I received today my FP appointment for 10/29 at ASC Tampa......

RD Aug 7
ND Aug 11
FP app Oct 29

Keep in touch. Good luck for everyone.

Congrats RareGold ! At least now you know something is being done to your application. You should still be in the 90 days time frame for the EAD. When the FP get back to them, I believe the EAD will be issued to you.
Your status is okay in the US as long as your AOS is pending. The I-94 is only useful to prove that you entered the US legitimately and it does not mater how long ago it expired.
The I-102 is filed if your I-94 is lost or mutilated. It’s just going to be some kind of document you use in replacement for your lost or mutilated I-94. As long as you have your I-94 you’re ok, even if it expired 5 yrs ago.
The AP is not difficult, they always approve it anyway. You only need to give an excuse no matter how flimsy it is, if you mention your exams it is fine or if you mention you want to visit your parents.
If you’ll like to fill out the application on the PC this website is good. I used it for all my forms. http://www.visapro.com/US-INS-Forms/INS-Form-I-131.asp
Good luck !
David

Ap

Hello forum!

As David suggests, I prepare to fill out form I-131 for AP, meantime I am waiting for an evidence from my faculty in which they show my pending exams.
I have four more question, please help me:

1. In form I-131, what's that mean "class of admission"?
2.Besides the proof document, I have to write an explanation letter, too?
3.I read in this forum about AP approved online, what's that mean?
4.What could happen if my expected lenght of trip it will be more than 1 month? (but I filled 1 month)

Thank you soo much for your help.

RareGold said:
Hello forum!

As David suggests, I prepare to fill out form I-131 for AP, meantime I am waiting for an evidence from my faculty in which they show my pending exams.
I have four more question, please help me:

1. In form I-131, what's that mean "class of admission"?
If you entered US last using B-1, then write B-1
2.Besides the proof document, I have to write an explanation letter, too?
Yes, a small letter would do. There is no specific format. Briefly explain why you need a travel document.
3.I read in this forum about AP approved online, what's that mean?
(Not sure what you are asking) It probably means the online case status changed to approved.
4.What could happen if my expected lenght of trip it will be more than 1 month? (but I filled 1 month)
Nothing happens. You only enter estimates in the application.

Thank you soo much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
DL with I-94

For those who are intrested:

Today I was at Florida DMW to ask them if my valid driver license issued in my homecountry is good to drive with ( wasn't an International one, but is bilingual).

I can't, but based on my valid I-94 they made an appointment for Tuesday for the exam: vision, road signs+road rules tests and driving, even if I have one. No need SSN.......( I asked them)

I read posts in this matter, so maybe helps someone.

received EAD

Update in my case!!!I received the EAD on mail, today 11/08.I am so happy! Hopefully tomorrow I will pass the driving exam too and right after I am going to find a job.

I-485, I-130, I-765 Chicago Lockbox
RD Aug 07 2005
ND Aug 11 2005 receipt number MSC
FP notification Oct 17 for EAD
FP done Oct 29 ( done for I-485 too, I just took with me, LUD change on Nov.1)
EAD approved Nov. 2
EAD received mail Nov.8
AP sent Oct.31

Good luck for all of you.

GC Time line, Orlando FL

I live in orlando, FL. and here is my timeline:

I-130
RD: February 1, 2005
ND: February 8, 2005
Approved: March 3, 2005

EAD
RD: January 24, 2005
ND:January 27, 2005
FP: March 9, 2005
Received, March 13, 2005

I-485
RD: January 24, 2005
ND: January 27, 2005 (No FP, I didn't send the BIO FEE)
ND (after BIO fee paid): March 16, 2005
FP: April 14, 2005
Last update: two weeks ago received an online status saying that my schedule interview has been cancelled and that I will be informed if rescheduled. I have an appointment with an officer to find out about my cancellation.