File WOM

calmguy said:
It all looks good when you are family based .GC ...dude we are loosing a few thousand dollars a month ...hope u understand that ..!!!!!!!! :(
Calmguy: I do not know if your message was in relation to my post, but yes!, I am employment-based (please read my signature).

Cheers

Then you might have a better employer !!

I am just sick and tired of the escuses of these people to finish a namecheck.
I do not care about becoming a citizen.

Hi ,

any idea on this

Because the government is trying to pass a law that removes WOM fom expedite critesria......

when any time frame ...

thnx

gc_sankar said:
Hi ,

any idea on this

Because the government is trying to pass a law that removes WOM fom expedite critesria......

when any time frame ...

thnx

No, all I have read are some loose comments about it on this board. Any firm sources on this?

Better then to begin working on another plan, just in case. Like bombarding the Senators and Representatives with letters, but most of the committees in the new congress are not yet formed.

MGPY06 said:
Greetings to all.

Congratulations on this thread, so far the best I have found regarding the name check black hole. Unfortunately, it was started under the VSC thread while this problem involves all service centers.

Anyway, I have been researching and reading on this issue, and here is my conclusion: filing a WoM to force USCIS to act is the equivalent of paying premium processing to expedite the name check process. I have myself been considering the WoM, as in a few days it will be one year since my name check was requested to the FBI (and confirmed that I am stuck).

HOWEVER, there are some side effects to filing a WoM. Firstly, by forcing USCIS to act, we are "cutting in line", as supposedly the FBI acts on a FIFO basis. This not only delays the cases for thousands of other name check victims who have been waiting for years and who cannot afford a lawsuit, but it also contributes to the backlog. And secondly, as I read somewhere in this thread, USCIS must be getting tired of this and they will find a way of blocking these lawsuits. And they will, as they have with the citizenship cases.

While I have not discarded the option of filing a WoM myself, why not try other avenues? How about writing hundreds of letters to the Committee on Immigration in Congress? How about Rep. Nadler (D-NY), who submitted a failed bill to Congress last year for $40 million to the FBI in order to expedite the name check process? Now that Congress is in the hands of the Democrats, why not put pressure on them?

You may say that you are in a hurry, but a WoM is only temporary relief, it is expensive, and yes, selfish. In 4-5 years, when you apply for citizenship, you will be faced with the same problem if the issue is not dealt with from its roots.

Your thoughts, please.

Best regards,

MGOY06

Not to be a dickhead, but according to your sig, you haven't even reached a full year since filing your I-485. A lot of us have been waiting 2, 3, 4+ years (I'm at 3 years now, myself).

So, please, reflect before labeling us selfish.

beenwaitinglong said:
Not to be a dickhead, but according to your sig, you haven't even reached a full year since filing your I-485. A lot of us have been waiting 2, 3, 4+ years (I'm at 3 years now, myself).

Why have you waited 3 years? There have been many successful 485 WoM reports over the last several months. I think the general consensus on this board was that anything over 2 years was a solid WoM candidate and there have even been a few WoM successes at 1.5 yrs or so.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to WoM cases that have not been finalized by end of December. It has been rumoured that as of late December, USCIS will no longer expedite name check when there is a WoM Pending. I read the same on http://www.immigration-law.com

mandamus action

Hi,
I filed I-140 and I-485 on 2/7/2005 as Outstanding Researcher. My I-140 was approved on 9/22/2005. I was told that my I-485 was delayed because of FBI name check on 6/14/2006. Is my case strong enough to file a mandamus action? I would be happy to join in your guys. Thank very much!

beenwaitinglong said:

My friend: I am sorry about your long wait and ordeal. However, you picked only one word out of the 320 words I wrote (yes, I counted them) to comment on. Please go back to my post and re-read it. Then you will note that I have not discarded the WoM for myself, even if I am close to be "only" one year in line. That is precisely my point. What if I do file the WoM? What if all others, who like me, have not been through this for many years, decide to file WoMs? You see, we would be activating some sort of "premium processing" here, and those who have been waiting 3+ years and cannot afford this, will fall back even more.

The good news for you and those who have been waiting for so long, is that USCIS and the courts will probably pay more attention to cases like yours, not mine.

But again, the WoM does not tackle the issue from the legs. It just helps feed the pockets of immigration attorneys.

The whole point in my post was: let us begin focusing on a comprehensive solution. I am hopeful with the new Congress...

Regards

I’m silent reader of this form,
Good job guyes!! I’m Interested in filing WOM, please include me as well. Please update!! I’m going to Local office on Feb 22 again to attend my Wife Interview. will update what they say ??

WOM Conference call

Hi Guys!

i have to travel out of town for a few days. I will set up a conference call for the week of Feb 5. Sorry for the delay..

gc_sankar said:
hi guys ,

what happend , about WOM .... :confused: :confused:

lets do something .....

Got my GC !!

OK guys ..got email from CRIS ..cards have been ordered.

Nosh , MYImmigrant and others. Before you waste your money in WOM.
Contact the local Senators on the PHONE....trust me it worked for me.

EB2 JAN 2001
I40/ 485 RD Sep 2005
AD I140 Feb 2006
AD 485 JAN 2007
Name check Start Oct. 2005, Done. Nov 2006
IT takes about a year to get the Name Check done..so make sure it's been initiated.
Good Luck to all and hope you all get your cards soon.
Incase you guys have any questions Feel Free to Ask me.

Hi Calmguy:

In which state are you located? How many times did you have to contact your senator before the case got resolved?

I contacted my senator's (Menendez) office in NJ back in August 2006. His office confirmed that I was stuck in FBI name check. I called them up in mid-Nov. 2006. They said that they will follow-up with the FBI & USCIS. I got a letter from the senator's office in late Nov, 2006 that I was still stuck in FBI name check and that I should contact the senator's office in 90 days if my case did not get adjudicated by then.

Nothing has happened so far and this 90 days referred by the senator will be over in mid-Feb, 2007 & so will the 6-month period referred to by the USCIS generic form-letter. USCIS had sent me the standard "stuck in background check . . . contact after 6 months" letter back in late-August 2006.

Lets see if these reminders from the senator's office are going to be helpful or not.

My attorney sent a letter to the Ombudsman office in late december 2006. Got a letter back in early January from the Ombudsman's office stating " launched a formal inquiry with the USCIS . . . USCIS should respond in 45 days". Looks like a standard proforma letter.

calmguy said:
OK guys ..got email from CRIS ..cards have been ordered.

Nosh , MYImmigrant and others. Before you waste your money in WOM.
Contact the local Senators on the PHONE....trust me it worked for me.

EB2 JAN 2001
I40/ 485 RD Sep 2005
AD I140 Feb 2006
AD 485 JAN 2007
Name check Start Oct. 2005, Done. Nov 2006
IT takes about a year to get the Name Check done..so make sure it's been initiated.
Good Luck to all and hope you all get your cards soon.
Incase you guys have any questions Feel Free to Ask me.

Keep it up.

I would suggest keep contacting the Senator's office..make sure you call them after the 90 days they have promised. As there are multiple agencies involved it becomes tricky....But follow up regularly ..and also try to make other Senators/ Congressmen in the Area aware that this is a sad situation and it needs to be addressed. You are tax paying law abiding legal alien.
If possible go personally to their office ..find the person who is tracking your case talk to him/her ..they are just people and if you put your case nicely they will help.
We need the right people in the offices who help us ..so if there is an election help them gather votes/funds from your friends/colleuges etc.. As an immigrant community we have to keep our efforts on to help fellow immigrants.

calmguy said:
I would suggest keep contacting the Senator's office..make sure you call them after the 90 days they have promised. As there are multiple agencies involved it becomes tricky....But follow up regularly ..and also try to make other Senators/ Congressmen in the Area aware that this is a sad situation and it needs to be addressed. You are tax paying law abiding legal alien.
If possible go personally to their office ..find the person who is tracking your case talk to him/her ..they are just people and if you put your case nicely they will help.
We need the right people in the offices who help us ..so if there is an election help them gather votes/funds from your friends/colleuges etc.. As an immigrant community we have to keep our efforts on to help fellow immigrants.

How did you get to talk to somebody at NY Senator's office? I never seem to get pass the voicemails - the general mailbox and Luce Mendes' (or Mendez?). Did you also go to their office? Just show up?

Further to my previous post, we received letters from the USCIS in response to the Ombudsman inititated inquiry. Yet another generic useless response:

"The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending. . . . If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action within 6 months of this letter, please contact us . . ."

I had received a similar "6 months letter" back in August 2006.

Writing to the ombudsman proved to be a useless exercise, at least for me.

akayal1973 said:
Hi Calmguy:

In which state are you located? How many times did you have to contact your senator before the case got resolved?

I contacted my senator's (Menendez) office in NJ back in August 2006. His office confirmed that I was stuck in FBI name check. I called them up in mid-Nov. 2006. They said that they will follow-up with the FBI & USCIS. I got a letter from the senator's office in late Nov, 2006 that I was still stuck in FBI name check and that I should contact the senator's office in 90 days if my case did not get adjudicated by then.

Nothing has happened so far and this 90 days referred by the senator will be over in mid-Feb, 2007 & so will the 6-month period referred to by the USCIS generic form-letter. USCIS had sent me the standard "stuck in background check . . . contact after 6 months" letter back in late-August 2006.

Lets see if these reminders from the senator's office are going to be helpful or not.

My attorney sent a letter to the Ombudsman office in late december 2006. Got a letter back in early January from the Ombudsman's office stating " launched a formal inquiry with the USCIS . . . USCIS should respond in 45 days". Looks like a standard proforma letter.

Wom

Hi Guys,
I recently found this thread. Unfortunately its listed under VSC, and since I filed at NSC, never paid attention here before. Briefly, I'm considering filing a WOM as well. I have made an interview consultation appointment in 2 days with an attorney (confidential) who I've been told by several people has alot of experience with WOM. I'm paying him $$ quite a bit, just to talk to him about WOM. I have several questions in mind. But if there are any questions (General not specific) you guys would like me to ask him, I could and get back to you guys.