File WOM

Hi Calmguy,

How do you know your name check start? I got I-140 approved (Jan 23rd, 2007 NIW), my I-485 was filed on Sep. 29 to VSC, then transferred to NSC on May 11, 2006. Only updated once OCT.21 2006 after finger print. Where should I call or write to know whether my name check start or not?

Thanks!

VSCTONSC

Name Check

USCIS generally sends out Namecheck request when you apply for an EAD etc..soon after filing 485. I got the dates from the letter I got from Sen. office. It's not possible to find out dates from USCIS..but if you keep after them..someone might reveal ..you never know.
Good Luck :cool:

One more naive question, Calmguy, should I prepare WOM now or I need to wait the I-485 current (NIW I-485, April 22, 2005. My I-485 filing date is Sep. 2005)?

Thanks

VSCTONSC said:
Hi Calmguy,

How do you know your name check start? I got I-140 approved (Jan 23rd, 2007 NIW), my I-485 was filed on Sep. 29 to VSC, then transferred to NSC on May 11, 2006. Only updated once OCT.21 2006 after finger print. Where should I call or write to know whether my name check start or not?

Thanks!

VSCTONSC

When I went for my Infopass the officer told me that my namecheck was sent out to the FBI last May so you might try this route.

There was some initial ballyhoo about filing WOM and even a classaction.
Now it seems to have all died down.
Let's have a show of hands: how many are still interested in going ahead with a WOM? How many are for class action? I think that's the best way to go.
If there are more than 10, we can get together an hire a top lawyer (Murthy or Khanna) and get him/her to fight for us.
Meantime I've done my share of the job: got my FOIPA done, contacted both my senators and congressman, wrote letters to the FBI and senate sub committee on immigration, letter to Mrs. Bush, letter to USCIS for expediting my case etc.
Also, did we have that conference call that someone was going to take a lead in? If we did, I missed it.
nj_skm

I want to file for WOM

similar story as most of you. ready to file for WOM. Maybe if there's enough of us, it will turn into one of those group lawsuits:confused:

All,

I think there are quite a few of us who are thinking of filing a WOM.

I have started this thread for those who are interested in this.

I will follow up later this evening and get a checklist of things to do before filing WOM.

All those interested, please let me know and we'll get together and go thru with this.

Maybe we can get together and hire an attorney who is good (Khanna, Murthu etc) and do it.

Or we could do it ourselves and use this thread/forum as a support group to help each other out.

Ideas are welcome, of course!

nj_skm

I485 pending for past 3 years

Hi,
I filled my 485 in April 2004 and my dates are current but still my case is pending. I took an appointment at local USCIS to check on the status 3 weeks back and they said that my wifes case is done but my case is sent for FBI and pending there. They said that its name check. When I called USCIS before that, they send me a letter saying that a Background investigation from FBI is still pending.

Its more than 3 years that its waiting on name check. I appreciate if someone suggests something that I can try to expedite and get the green card. I called my lawyer, and he told me to wait ... wait ... just wait... nothing can be done as its with FBI.

Thank you
Rajesh