FBI name Check and Oath Delays

Angrywait

The local office said they were helpless, which they are. This is a relationship between the Service centers and the FBI. Don/t worry about your file getting lost though- it is very robust and secure pipeline between FBI and INS- slow but safe.

stop worrying

There is one thing I learned in my 6 years dealing with US immigration:

Patience. Just Wait. Its tough, I know, but that is how it is.

Now a little rant:
There is basically nothing you as a normal mortal can do (e.g. if you are not a celebrity, like Schwarzenegger). Your file is somewhere in a pile of thousands and thousands of files and it will eventually be assigned to an immigration officer. From dealing with the local immigration office, I suspect that most immigration officers aren't the speediest people in the world and frankly, nobody except the immigrant and maybe relatives cares about processing times. Certainly not the average US citizen. Certainly not people in power, otherwise there would be more funding for more CIS employees.
I believe that delays are engineered into the process (by limiting funds) and you don't have much choice other than grin and bear it. US society at large doesn't care about that and I bet that if there were a statewide poll about immigration procedures, the results would be that immigrants should be happy with the way it is or stay out of gods own country (not that I agree with that).