F1 student, husband lied about sponsoring me and now jeopardized my status

So I received a very ambiguous notice from USCIS. It says on it: Notice I-797 Notice of approval but it was under my husband's name and I think its for form I-130 and it says:

The above petition has been approved. The person this petition is for will be notified separately when a decision is reached on his or her pending adjustment of status application........

So what does this mean? Does this only concern the I-130? Thanks

Kaylee -

Yeah, that would be for the I-130, it should also say on the form in the upper right corner that it was a petition for an immediate relative. That's good, if they approved the I-130, I'd expect to be getting that "Welcome to the United States" letter soon :)

Is the I-130 approval date later than the interview date?

If the I-130 was still pending at the time of the interview, once the I-130 is approved the I-485 approval usually follows soon after. Expect the I-485 approval email and/or paper approval notice before the end of this month (no guarantee though).

LadyM, thanks a lot :)

Jackolantern, I guess I just have to wait patiently and hopefully I can hear from them soon. One would think they would do all the double-checking before the interview since they had months ( in my case almost 6 months) before the interview.

Even if they did substantial checking before the interview, they still have to check that what you said in the interview and the documents you showed in the interview don't contradict what they already have on file.

Is the I-130 approval date later than the interview date?

If the I-130 was still pending at the time of the interview, once the I-130 is approved the I-485 approval usually follows soon after. Expect the I-485 approval email and/or paper approval notice before the end of this month (no guarantee though).

It says on it : notice date : nov 9th 2010 which was the date of my interview, so I don't know if it was approved prior to the interview or after the interview

It says on it : notice date : nov 9th 2010 which was the date of my interview, so I don't know if it was approved prior to the interview or after the interview

You are approved Kaylee. Just await an official notice on your I-485. Congratulations!!!!

Hello guys,
I received an email today saying "card production ordered". I guess that means the petition's been approved. Do you know how long it takes to receive the card once its in this stage? Thanks

Hearty Congratulations to you Kaylee,

You have come a long way girl. I wish you all the best in the future. Please keep posting for the benefit of others who are still in the process.

God bless you and family.

Thank you LadyM. Indeed, it's been a long and hard battle lol. But thanks to you and other members of this forum, it got easier and your help and support were paramount in getting where i am today as I would've abandoned the entire process a long time ago.

Congratulations Kaylee!!! You are done :)
Your card should come in about 2 weeks. Once they mail out your card your online status will change to "post Decision activity". It generally takes about 3-4 days after that.

Kaylee,

This is fantastic news and I am very happy for you!!! Finally, you will have your 10 year GC. I think people on this board who have followed your case throughout will share the same sentiment, well done lady. Don't forget to celebrate tomorrow with a nice turkey meal...!!!!

Hello guys,
I received an email today saying "card production ordered".
Congrats! Aren't you doing cartwheels and back flips?

I guess that means the petition's been approved.
Technically, the I-130 is the petition and it was approved a couple weeks ago, as you mentioned earlier. This latest email means the entire process of Adjustment of Status resulted in approval and you are now a permanent resident.

Do you know how long it takes to receive the card once its in this stage? Thanks
Once you get the card production email, usually the card arrives in 1-3 weeks. In a separate mailing , you should also get an approval notice on USCIS official paper (looks similar to the I-485 receipt).

If you don't get the card in 30 days, make an Infopass appointment to inquire about it. Bring the approval notice and your passport to the Infopass, and they should stamp your passport with an I-551 stamp which is the temporary equivalent of a green card that you can use for travel, driver's license, employment, etc. while you wait for the plastic GC.

Congratulations Kaylee!!! You are done :)
Your card should come in about 2 weeks. Once they mail out your card your online status will change to "post Decision activity". It generally takes about 3-4 days after that.

Thank you. I will keep you posted

Kaylee,

This is fantastic news and I am very happy for you!!! Finally, you will have your 10 year GC. I think people on this board who have followed your case throughout will share the same sentiment, well done lady. Don't forget to celebrate tomorrow with a nice turkey meal...!!!!
Thank you again for all your help throughout this process. I'd gladly invite you to a turkey dinner tomorrow :)

Congrats! Aren't you doing cartwheels and back flips?

Technically, the I-130 is the petition and it was approved a couple weeks ago, as you mentioned earlier. This latest email means the entire process of Adjustment of Status resulted in approval and you are now a permanent resident.

Once you get the card production email, usually the card arrives in 1-3 weeks. In a separate mailing , you should also get an approval notice on USCIS official paper (looks similar to the I-485 receipt).

If you don't get the card in 30 days, make an Infopass appointment to inquire about it. Bring the approval notice and your passport to the Infopass, and they should stamp your passport with an I-551 stamp which is the temporary equivalent of a green card that you can use for travel, driver's license, employment, etc. while you wait for the plastic GC.

I'd definitely do cartwheels if I wasn't afraid to break my back in the process :) Thank you so much for being as helpful as you've been during my ordeal. You've helped me a lot and I really appreciate the support and advice you've provided. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much and happy thanksgiving :)

Just a little update:
I received the welcome letter in the mail on Monday and I received an email today stating that my case status has been changed to Post Decision Activity. Still waiting for the physical card though. Hope everybody else is okay...