Extension of E2 status

leongsce

Registered Users (C)
has anyone filed an extension of their e2 status before? i was thinking of doing it and would appreciate someone who has done it share their experiences. i have read that it was simpler than a total e2 renewal (which i have to return to my home country to do). and i have a small business which in this depressive economy is difficult to show evidence of substantial income.

any help or information will be much appreciated.

thks

Friends of mine did it and the first time the applied with a lawyer, for the extention they did it them self. They come from the UK and went to Mexico for the extention and got it, but we spoke with a very good immigration lawyer who stated that was done a lot in the past but right now it is a huge risk, but obvious they succeeded, so they were lucky.

She told me she had tons of proof and it was a lot of work.

bentlebee,
thks for your reply. i know ... it is a ton of work and they will want a lot of proof. in my case i am a dv lottery winner with an e2 visa. however my cn is not yet current and i am hoping that it will become current before my e2 expires. if i can get current before my e2 expires then i will not have to worry about renewing my e2 status, i can just go ahead with my i485 application. my e2 expires in july 2010. my cn is 2010as25xxx.
do you have any advice? or i will just have to wait it out and see?