EB5 investment visa.

EB-5 Investment

Hi marie52, thank you so much for all the information you have give me so far. I just wanted to ask how you went about choosing the Regional Center and the project? The immigration lawyers can help with the USCIS related paperwork but not give any advice on which regional centers are good/bad. Is that correct?

I saw your old posts and thought to reply with our website. I manage an EB-5 investment center and thought you might be interested. If you have any questions about the EB-5 investment visa program, don't hesitate to ask..

We do all of our investments through Marriott International, Inc. and consider our program the best investment program available through the EB-5 program.

Please reply if you have any questions...

Thanks,

Mike
michael@mountainstatescenter.com

I saw your recent posts and thought to reply with our website. I manage a an EB-5 investment center and thought you might be interested. If you have any questions about the EB-5 investment visa program, don't hesitate to ask..

We do all of our investments through Marriott International, Inc. and consider our program the best investment program available through the EB-5 program.

Please reply if you have any questions...

Thanks,

Mike
michael@mountainstatescenter.com

YKARC's EB-5 program

Dear Everyone,
We, "YKARC" is a reputable development company that has projects around Southern California qualified as a regional center by federal government.

Our office is located in Southern California so that all our projects are within our reach (within 3 hours drive).

We have many open opportunities for immigrants looking for investment (EB-5) and we have several endorsements from cities and state to support our development to create jobs for the community.

As a developer/representative of YKARC, we can assist and explain detail process of application even if you need a reputable lawyer.

For details, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Michael Lu

email: mail@ark-tech.net
tel: 626-275-4368 (direct)

Question to Marie if you are still around

Dear Marie:

Congrats. I am considering an EB5 petition, but kind of concerned about the documentation. I have consulted many attorneys, but they would not provide a complete list of required documentation until they are hired. I am wondering whether it's possible for you to provide just a checklist of things which would be submitted for the petition if you have one from your attorney for my reference? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
JiKi

Hi JiKi, Opticoco and others
To obtain a GC thru EB5 route, the first step is to locate either a business opportunity or, in case you do not wish to start one yourself, look for a USCIS approved Regional Center. (Incidentally, I have given the updated list on another thread). Go thru each of them and decide what suits you best. Real Estate related ones are generally stable but returns and appreciation may be low. Manufacturing might be riskier but could also reward well. Thus it is a very personal decision.
Most of the Regional Centers have access to a good attorney (or else you could contact a good one such as Mr Rajiv Khanna himself) to process the matter. The documentation itself is not major: apart from the ones describing the regional center itself, USCIS requires source of your funds, educational certificates, some write up about you, proof of age etc. It is the one on the source of funds and the trail of remittances that they look very closely. Best of luck.

Thank you, Korman

Dear Korman,

Thank you very much for the information provided. If you could please post the link of the thread of the updated list, it would be greatly appreciated. I guess my situation is a little complicated. I have sufficient assets to invest, but not quite sure about documentation of source of funds. The attorneys I consulted refused to help in this regard before I hire them. However, if I could not make sure whether I can document my funds, the petition would not be successful. To be specific, I could not provide both individual tax return and corporate tax return for my business due to some accounting problems. But I do have all other legal documents related to a sale of my business to a buyer who paid in full as well as ownership of other businesses and real estate. Do you think that I can prove source of funds without the tax return? I understand that you are not an attorney, but no attorneys would like to analyze this issue for me. Thanks a lot if you could reply.

Jiki

Direct Individual EB5

You also have the option to complete the EB5 program without using a regional center in what's called a direct eb5. There are certain advantages to doing this...
eb-5center.com/direct_eb5

Matt Rogers
usainvestco

Dear Merie
Congratulations!

I really think about this eb5 option but I would like to invest in my own company.
I have no idea where to start. I am not in US right now so I can't file I-526 because I didn't made investment yet.
How I suppose to invest when I am outiside US? I can't even open US bank account? Can you please tell me where to start?
I have money on my own private bank account from my country....what now...lol :)

I call my emabssy and they told me they didn't issue any eb5 visa for last 15 years in my country so they told me to check online??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Applicable visa's vary from one country to another. I am no expert by any means but i would suggest you look around on the internet to find out what visa's are available to your particular circumstances.
Possibly an EB2, which is company based but does not lead to a GC ever, and if you end the business for whatever reason, you cannot stay in the States. Beyond that I can't help you much. Sorry.
Good luck. Marie

But I want eb5 and I am ready to invest. I just don't have idea how to start because I am not in US right now. I try to contact HAWAII regional centar but they want to invest in their regional centar and i don't wanna. I just want to invest in my own company.

Hi Marie,

I have lived in seattle and the its a nice place to live and invest. I am also looking to invest in EB5 program most likely with seattle's american life. I was wondering if you could provide your experience with this project. I believe this project is complete and was wondering:
1) Did you guys started getting monthly return?
2) How is exit policy? and more important were the EB5 managers of seattle property nice and helpful after investment and helped in exit?

I will greatly appreciate your response. You can also reach me at gtg696v@ google mail

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.
Regards

Yes, we invested almost a year ago now, with American Life in the Seattle Marriott Courtyard project. You get interest on the money while its in the bank but once they start spending on the builiding it obviously goes down until you get to the point the tenant is in, then we get an income based on the profit.
This project is due to finish next year. It is the biggest one AL have done so far, amost 150 investors, mostly from Japan and China.

Hi Marie,

I just wanted to extend my congratulations to you! The eb5 visa program is garnering a lot of interest lately, especially because of the growing numbers of available Regional Centers that are now available. Success stories like yours will give other immigrants the confidence enroll in the program and, hopefully, become as successful as you have been. Best of luck in the future, and keep us posted on any new developments!

-Horace Jones

I think that the EB5 Investment Visa Allows You to Live Anywhere in the USA. It also allows qualified individuals to obtain permanent residence status on the basis they have entered into a commercial enterprise in America.

Foreign investors who want to come to the U.S. should apply for the eb5 green card. The program facilitates the green card visa process and bring benefits to the investor and his or her family

It seems that you will be fine in the interview since your investment fits all of the pre-requisites. In terms of the waiting time it looks like you should try to contact the office and get a realistic time line so you can be prepared.

The investment visa also known as the investment green card or the EB-5 visa can enable you, your spouse and children under 21 to obtain permanent U.S. residency by investing $500,000 into a government designated Regional Center investment visa program creating at least ten jobs per investor.You will be able to live anywhere in the USA and have the option to take almost any job, run a business or retire. As an EB-5 investment green card holder you have access to a number of advantages normally only enjoyed by U.S, citizens including savings on property tax in some States.Your children may attend schools or apply to universities with the same rights as a U.S. citizen and unlike other investment visa options they do not have to leave at 21. Each member of the family may apply for U.S. citizenship after holding their green card for five years.A Regional Center is an area designated by the USCIS as eligible to receive immigrant investment visa capital. Regional Centers are Government designated for purposes of immigration however, as U.S. law states that a Regional Center investment must be 'at risk'; it cannot be guaranteed and needs very careful evaluation.

he EB-5 visa for Immigrant Investors is a United States visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990. This visa provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the visa, individuals must invest at least $500,000, creating at least 10 jobs.

By investing in certain qualified investments or regional centers with high unemployment rates, the required investment amount is $500,000. The Immigrant Investor Pilot Program was created by Section 610 of Public Law 102-395 on October 6, 1992. This was in accordance to a Congressional mandate aimed at stimulating economic activity and job growth, while allowing eligible aliens the opportunity to become lawful permanent residents. This "Pilot Program" required only $500,000 of investment in exchange for permanent resident status. The investment could only be received by an economic unit defined as a Regional Center.

A Regional Center is defined by any economic unit, public or private, engaged in the promotion of economic growth, improved regional productivity, job creation and increased domestic capital investment. Prior law required the investment in the Regional Center to generate an increase in export sales, however statutory amendments in 2000 and 2002 no longer require this increase. The individual receiving the visa is not required to actively manage the business invested in. For investors who wish to invest in a new or existing business, have an active role in the management of the operation (although simply being a Limited partner in the organization that owns the business qualifies as "AN ACTIVE ROLE."), and have at least one million US dollars to invest ($500,000 if the business is located in certain areas deemed as Rural or with very high unemployment), then the traditional EB-5 visa is the best option.

The Startup Visa Act (projected EB-6 visa), introduced in Congress in 2010 and subsequently in 2011, is planning to use unallocated numbers from the EB-5 visa.

Thanks@!!

The one piece of advice I've given ALL my clients is: Do NOT go through the Investment center program if you can help it as the rate of return on investment is quite low. You're better off buying or starting up your own business and managing it, so that you atleast earn enough on your investment to support yourselves and your family. Any MBA will tell you the same thing that when you give your money to others to invest, you make far less on it than investing and managing the business yourself (passive investments earn less than active investments).

Buy 2-3 convenience stores or 2 gas stations and you're able to make a pretty good living. Other options include farming crops such as soya, olives, bell peppers, etc. or delis (subways / quiznos) or even skating rinks and health clubs.

I've helped 29 clients get investor visas, and each of my clients has been able to get loans equal to the amount invested by them to effectively double or triple the capital deployed and easily exceed the requirements imposed by the USCIS. Yes, it IS possible to even invest in startups and the amount of economic incentives are unbelievable, ranging from USDA grants to tax breaks, tax credits and more. The key is, you make more money when you're actively involved in running the business as opposed to letting others get low interest unsecured loans from you, where all your money is put at risk by people whose first loyalty is not to you but themselves.