E-3 Visa to Green Card process

AussieMark

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Im an Australian citizen working in NY on an E-3 Visa. Im recently married to a US citizen and Id like to transfer to a Green Card.

From what i have read I understand Im required to complete the I-130, I-485, I-693 (Medical form), G-325A (Biographic), I-864 (Afadavit of Support). Are there any other forms I need to complete and send to the Chicago LockBox?

Do I need to complete the I-765 if Im being sponsored by my spouse?

Also, anybody have an idea of processing time in NYC for a green card to be approved, assuming I have provided all the necessary documentation?

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

Im an Australian citizen working in NY on an E-3 Visa. Im recently married to a US citizen and Id like to transfer to a Green Card.

From what i have read I understand Im required to complete the I-130, I-485, I-693 (Medical form), G-325A (Biographic), I-864 (Afadavit of Support). Are there any other forms I need to complete and send to the Chicago LockBox?

Do I need to complete the I-765 if Im being sponsored by my spouse?

Also, anybody have an idea of processing time in NYC for a green card to be approved, assuming I have provided all the necessary documentation?

Thanks

Mark

aussiemark,
your i130 petition for a green card does not involve your e3 status. pls post in the family based fourms where you can get better and more experienced members to help answer your questions.

as far as of today, e1 to e3 visas will not lead to permanent res status. there is however, a group of people who are lobbying congress to allow e visa holders a path to pr status, since we contribute to the economy and are professionals.
if you like you can read my post on e2visa reform and sign the petition started by these people.

good luck.