• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

badluck2 I just saw your post with good news. I am sooooooooooo happy for you. After so much difficulty, its now time to celebrate. Soon you will get the cards and its over.

JAZB goodluck with your interview. I am pretty sure oyu are going to get your GC through DV.

By the way, we got our GCs yesterday.:D

YAY !!! :):) Congratulations !!! It's a good feeling, isn't it ? :)

Now, that I have the GC, all the stressful moments that happened throughout this entire year are fading away. :eek:

badluck2 I just saw your post with good news. I am sooooooooooo happy for you. After so much difficulty, its now time to celebrate. Soon you will get the cards and its over.

JAZB goodluck with your interview. I am pretty sure oyu are going to get your GC through DV.

By the way, we got our GCs yesterday.:D

winner2008,
Thank you and congratulations for your GC. I hope the best for you and your family.
We also received our welcome letter :)
Goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Badluck2,

Congratulations!!!!. Finally you did it maannnn...

Good luck for your life after GC.

Thank you singh2008,
We received the cards today. I still don’t believe this is over.
“ King and Queen lived together happily ever after” Just kidding:):)
Good luck

Thank you singh2008,
Good luck

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It is now time my friend to change your username to goodluck, you promised.
I'm really really really happy for you and your wife. It was a long journey and I think you might want to consider a career as an immigration lawyer! by now, you know so much that people can pay you for your help!
Anyway, I'm really happy for you, it is finally over for you too. It is now complete, a happy ending for all of us DV 2008! Congratulations to all. Badluck made us sweat for a while but he got it too :D

I'm back

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm back here after a week in my home country. I had fun there but let me tell you, once in NY, I went in the "US Citizens and Residents" line instead of the "Visa holders" line, and IT WAS GREAAAAAATTTT. How long have we waited for that! Let me confirm, as the first DV 2008 AOS GC holder in this forum to travel with the new GC, IT IS REAL AND IT WORKS! :D the officer took our GC stamped them and welcomed us back, it was as easy as 1 2 3!
And the best part was to find out that badluck2/goodluck2 received his GC finally. I knew it would work out, it would have been to cruel if it didn't. goodluck2, you went through a very difficult process but you learned a lot from it and you get to enjoy the fruit of your hard work. Congratulations to you and everyone else, We DID IT and WE Deserve it.
Keep me posted of any updates and I wish all the DV 2009 winners (and future DV selectees) the best of luck. This forum has been wonderful and I'm sure it will be useful to many others that are going through this DV process.
You guys are the BEST! Thank you for all of your help and support through this experience, I would have lost my mind without you! :)
CONGRATULATIONS, WE'RE US RESIDENTS!!!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm back here after a week in my home country. I had fun there but let me tell you, once in NY, I went in the "US Citizens and Residents" line instead of the "Visa holders" line, and IT WAS GREAAAAAATTTT. How long have we waited for that! Let me confirm, as the first DV 2008 AOS GC holder in this forum to travel with the new GC, IT IS REAL AND IT WORKS! :D the officer took our GC stamped them and welcomed us back, it was as easy as 1 2 3!
And the best part was to find out that badluck2/goodluck2 received his GC finally. I knew it would work out, it would have been to cruel if it didn't. goodluck2, you went through a very difficult process but you learned a lot from it and you get to enjoy the fruit of your hard work. Congratulations to you and everyone else, We DID IT and WE Deserve it.
Keep me posted of any updates and I wish all the DV 2009 winners (and future DV selectees) the best of luck. This forum has been wonderful and I'm sure it will be useful to many others that are going through this DV process.
You guys are the BEST! Thank you for all of your help and support through this experience, I would have lost my mind without you! :)
CONGRATULATIONS, WE'RE US RESIDENTS!!!!! :D

welcome back. was ur passport stamped at POE as mine was not when i get back from the UK a month ago.

Green Card Approved !!!!

Hello all, I went today to my interview and our green card got approved !! They stamped our passport and told us that our "card" should arrive by mail in 2 weeks

Also the USICS officer closed my wife old case.

I can not believe that we got the GC in 36 days.

Hopefully more people will read this thread and use it as reference, this is by far the best immigration forum on the NET.

Regards to all

JAZ

March 07: NL received
March 07: Mailed forms to KCC
July 07: Send I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals etc from my Wife process (H1 -> labor Cert -> adjustment of status) (don't ask why !!)
October 07: Biometrics for my Wife's Process
November - December 07: Receive Travel Doc, Work Permit
August 08: Made decision to send DV-2008 forms
August 18, 08: Send "expedite" I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals from my DV-2008
August 20, 08: Send "expedite" the DV-2008 $750 Visa Fee
August 25, 08: I-485 Checks Cashed
August 27, 08: Receive the receipts for all of the 3 forms
August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10
August 30, 08: Received the receipt of the $750
September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)
September 17: Receive letter for USCIS local Appointment for September 24
September 24: Interview at USCIS, GC approved, passport stamped

Hello all, I went today to my interview and our green card got approved !! They stamped our passport and told us that our "card" should arrive by mail in 2 weeks

Hopefully more people will read this thread and use it as reference, this is by far the best immigration forum on the NET.

Regards to all

JAZ

July 07: Send I-485, I-131, I-765 Medicals etc from my Wife process (H1 -> labor Cert -> adjustment of status) (don't ask why !!)
August 30, 08: Biometric Appointment letter received, appointment for September 10
September 03, 08: Went to USCIS office for a "walk in" biometrics, they try to convince Us to came on our date, but after some talk of my part they allow Us to do it, They only take one fingerprint and one photo since me and my wife where already on the system. (they mention case 2 type of biometrics, like a confirmation that we are who we said we are)

WOW !! :):) I'm very happy for you !! This is a big accomplishment !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! :)

Congrats JAZB!

I guess your gamble paid off in the end! Great! We were also in the same boat as you ... employment based AOS stuck with no visa numbers... and decided to spend all the money again to do another AOS through DV lottery...and it was well worth it...you probably had the least number of anxious days than us given that it took only 36 days from start to end for your process. That goes on to show that USCIS can process things quickly if need be. But I wouldn't advice anybody to wait this long to apply!

Regards to all

JAZ

Regards to all

JAZ

Congratualations, this is great. I guess they really speed up the process in September.

Thank you singh2008,
Good luck

Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys. Are you planing to go home in the near future?

CONGRATULATIONS on your cards !!! Enjoy them ! :)

GOOD LUCK to all DV-2009 winners !!!

Thank you, fjelltronen
I wish you the best. By the way I received calls from congressman and senators offices that I asked for their help, informing me that they inquired on my behalf and my case is approved.
Their actions were so quick and I wondered.
Good luck

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It is now time my friend to change your username to goodluck, you promised.
I'm really really really happy for you and your wife. It was a long journey and I think you might want to consider a career as an immigration lawyer! by now, you know so much that people can pay you for your help!
Anyway, I'm really happy for you, it is finally over for you too. It is now complete, a happy ending for all of us DV 2008! Congratulations to all. Badluck made us sweat for a while but he got it too :D

Welcome back Maconcita,
Hope, you enjoyed your trip and thank you. We were missing you in the forum for a while. I am happy for everyone including myself that we all got our GCs.